Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Ehm shouldn't there be a new GAC on the way today?
    I can't see anything ingame.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • All the previous GACs have arrived at 9pm UTC. You’re 8 hours early.
  • All the previous GACs have arrived at 9pm UTC. You’re 8 hours early.

Ah ok, got that, thanks bro.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • rickertron wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Ya if you were not an **** and focused on ships and placed zetas... Matchmaking is great. For those with 80+ zetas, matchmaking is broken.... I keep getting matched with players with 50-60 zetas and it's a complete blowout. I have 50k more GP In zetas, they have 50k more in g13 and relics..... The addition of GP In relics really does not fix this.

It's not a surprise that everyone In the top 10 ranks in division one have under 70 zetas. Even though those that were active with regard to zetas have over 100....

TVF has been told all of several times by several players, but still makes his posts.... This really only effects higher end players... If the matchmaking works for you fine, but that does not mean it's not broken, and it's not a resource management issue...

It appears you have come up with your answer on what you need to do to compete at the high end, start focusing on developing more G13 toons.

I feel Like I am banging my head against a wall here.... IF I am matched with someone with 21 less zetas, they can have 21 more G13 Relic 3 toons then myself and still have the same top GP. If I manage to take 20 toons to G13, if I am matched with someone with 20 less zetas they will have 40 g13s giving 4 additional teams of G13 toons, not allot better.

You get that right? Look at the reports of suggested mismatches.... the have one thing in common a large difference in zetas. The player with more zetas is at a disadvantage.

There is no way a player can build out of this hole. The only way to fix it is to remove the GP added by zetas.

I get it, you don't like losing.

I get it you struggle to understand matchmaking.

Nope, I get it. I just don't agree.

What exactly do you not agree with?

It seems completely obvious to me that with current matchmaking, if I have 20 more zetas then my opponent I am at a huge disadvantage, do you disagree with that?. I would have 50k gp more in zetas, and they would have 50k more GP in G13s/relics, and 6dot mods, this could be a full squad of relic 7 toons. This really is not an issue below 3mil GP. But above 4.5mil it really it is the case.

Do you disagree that matchmaking should be between similar rosters, and blowouts should be avoided? Whales pay for the fun of dominating their opponent, so someone has to be dominated.

Is it just that the problem does not affect you? So you do not think it should not be a concern, simply because it is not a concern for you?

I am curious, what exactly do you disagree with?...
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Matchmaking is simply broken ... i now face a guy with less zeta than me, lower gp but 5 relic 7 ... complete nonsense. Thats why i fully dislike gac. Its not a challenge its just stupid.

Thats exactly the issue many have been trying to raise for over a month, even before relics.... Having more zetas then your opponent is a huge disadvantage. Relics have changed the math slightly, but they have not fixed the problem, if anything they they made the problem more common.
  • From my matchmaking it appears that everyone in my 1st GA round finished in arodium last GAC... so my matchmaking is not bad this round. My guess is that will change next GA...
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Matchmaking is simply broken ... i now face a guy with less zeta than me, lower gp but 5 relic 7 ... complete nonsense. Thats why i fully dislike gac. Its not a challenge its just stupid.

Thats exactly the issue many have been trying to raise for over a month, even before relics.... Having more zetas then your opponent is a huge disadvantage. Relics have changed the math slightly, but they have not fixed the problem, if anything they they made the problem more common.

Person you quoted is saying relics made it way worse lol. Also, zetas are an advantage...unless you do the wrong ones.

It's amazing that in a game about making choices, so many people want to blame anything but theirs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Crm
    3 posts Member
    So it seems that the championship has started for everyone but not for me! I see the check back soon button and that's it, while the others have started placing their squads already :(
  • Crm wrote: »
    So it seems that the championship has started for everyone but not for me! I see the check back soon button and that's it, while the others have started placing their squads already :(
    You failed to signup during the 24hr signup window.

There’s another one in 6 day’s time.
  • Win a battle with an undersized team. Why do I never win this prize? I am using a team at 79k to beat teams at 80 plus k. Am I missing something?
  • Tabofgold wrote: »
    Win a battle with an undersized team. Why do I never win this prize? I am using a team at 79k to beat teams at 80 plus k. Am I missing something?

Undersized means <5 toons.

What you’re doing might be described as underpowered, but it’s not undersized.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    My opponents during current GAC:
    • 4,45 mln
    • 4,28 mln
    • 4,47 mln
    • 4,52 mln
    • 4,23 mln
    • 4.32 mln
    • 4,48 mln
    And me:

Great matchmaking CG, thanks.
  • Bartek wrote: »
    My opponents during current GAC:
    • 4,45 mln
    • 4,28 mln
    • 4,47 mln
    • 4,52 mln
    • 4,23 mln
    • 4.32 mln
    • 4,48 mln
    And me:

Great matchmaking CG, thanks.

What’s the GP of your top 80 characters look like?
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    What’s the GP of your top 80 characters look like?

Well i didn't count for everyone. 11 G13 and 2 r7 on my side. But having 16 teams to secure i have to put my miserable g9/g11 R1 and phoenix squads into def. If my opponents have something like 50% more G12's it's hard to compete. It doesn't make much sense to me.
    Matchmaking is drunk and should go home. For now it makes me think about quitting the game.
  • It validates the quest but not the match won, i **** going looose no thx ea
  • I don't like the matchmaking they are using for Grand Arena but that is only because it does not favor a lean roster like I have. I crushed everyone in the original GA's because I have very little fluff but now I don't have the depth to compete. However, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is cheating. CG - PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT CHEATERS! There is absolutely no way that people are averaging 60+ banners against the defenses I am setting. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE implement a match review to show what characters opponents are using to beat you with so the cheating will stop. It is making me hate the game.
  • hhnxpqb2n66o.png
    ea you not valide trium on geo and i lose, shame on you, shame on you, b.... H
  • First time gac is normal pg and you décide no valide my win, fu. K
  • Vice_torn wrote: »

hmmm, I have found strategically placing my Zetas and having lots of them has put me at an advantage over shallow stacked teams that have higher Character GP with a few better high end toons (but little depth). Do not underrate the power of zetas on characters especially when used to augment the depth of ones roster.
  • rickertron wrote: »

hmmm, I have found strategically placing my Zetas and having lots of them has put me at an advantage over shallow stacked teams that have higher Character GP with a few better high end toons (but little depth). Do not underrate the power of zetas on characters especially when used to augment the depth of ones roster.

One level 7 relic makes all those zetas useless. Try to augment that.
  • Anyone else not getting his 1k points for winning or their inbox reward message?
  • Restarting the game multiple times helped ...
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    edited was not an issue afterall
    Post edited by jayjonbeach on
  • I've gotten two byes in two GA's in a row and each bye has a massive impact on your lifetime score. It appears to me you loose out on up to 10,000 lifetime GA points for each bye because you are only awarded 1,000 points at the end of a full GA round (6 days/3 matchs) where you could get 3,000+ points per match with feats, plus the 1,000 points for the win. This sucks, esp. if you get multiple byes early on in the GA.

Sounds like a bug in lifetime points

Byes literally give you the MAXIMUM amount of points possible there is no way byes are hurting you if anything your benefitting from byes
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Ya if you were not an **** and focused on ships and placed zetas... Matchmaking is great. For those with 80+ zetas, matchmaking is broken.... I keep getting matched with players with 50-60 zetas and it's a complete blowout. I have 50k more GP In zetas, they have 50k more in g13 and relics..... The addition of GP In relics really does not fix this.

It's not a surprise that everyone In the top 10 ranks in division one have under 70 zetas. Even though those that were active with regard to zetas have over 100....

TVF has been told all of several times by several players, but still makes his posts.... This really only effects higher end players... If the matchmaking works for you fine, but that does not mean it's not broken, and it's not a resource management issue...

It appears you have come up with your answer on what you need to do to compete at the high end, start focusing on developing more G13 toons.

I feel Like I am banging my head against a wall here.... IF I am matched with someone with 21 less zetas, they can have 21 more G13 Relic 3 toons then myself and still have the same top GP. If I manage to take 20 toons to G13, if I am matched with someone with 20 less zetas they will have 40 g13s giving 4 additional teams of G13 toons, not allot better.

You get that right? Look at the reports of suggested mismatches.... the have one thing in common a large difference in zetas. The player with more zetas is at a disadvantage.

There is no way a player can build out of this hole. The only way to fix it is to remove the GP added by zetas.

I get it, you don't like losing.

I get it you struggle to understand matchmaking.

Nope, I get it. I just don't agree.

What exactly do you not agree with?

It seems completely obvious to me that with current matchmaking, if I have 20 more zetas then my opponent I am at a huge disadvantage, do you disagree with that?. I would have 50k gp more in zetas, and they would have 50k more GP in G13s/relics, and 6dot mods, this could be a full squad of relic 7 toons. This really is not an issue below 3mil GP. But above 4.5mil it really it is the case.

Do you disagree that matchmaking should be between similar rosters, and blowouts should be avoided? Whales pay for the fun of dominating their opponent, so someone has to be dominated.

Is it just that the problem does not affect you? So you do not think it should not be a concern, simply because it is not a concern for you?

I am curious, what exactly do you disagree with?...

I disagree that there is a problem with matchmaking. i have said it several times.
  • What does it look like when you get a bye?

I won my last GAC a couple days ago & now its saying there isn't one available.

I never got a chance to join anything, it just had a review period & then nothing available.

But guildmates are in a GAC right now so I'm wondering why I'm not.

• Decay
    108 posts Member
    Matchmaking is a joke -

I faced a opponent with 48 more GL13 than me - What is that ? those toons have anywhere from a 6 to 22 speed advantage to an equivalent GL12 - This is not fun nor fair - maybe your programmers should actually play and test their algorithms before pushing them out - This is worse than Tesla's AP SW and Summon - Such horrible code and algorithms for this matching.