Who Rey really is

Altmanizer
30 posts Member
edited March 2016
Who Rey really is:
Rey is definitely NOT Luke's daughter, NOR is she Han and Leia's daughter. Who her parents were doesn't matter, aside from the fact that at least one of them was part of the original Rebellion and fought with Han, Luke, and Leia (you can tell because she has a Rebel pilot helmet and a Rebel pilot doll in her home).
Rey was one of the other Force-sensitives who Luke took to train as the next generation of Jedi. This would explain A LOT of things from the film.
It would explain why she had the flashback—to her as a little kid, being taken away from her family and crying, and the separate flashback to Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren slaughtering all of Luke's other pupils—when she first comes into contact with Anakin/Luke's lightsaber. It would explain why she knows how to command the Force (at least to some extent), and why she clearly has a better idea of how to wield/duel with a lightsaber than Finn—who was top of his class in literally everything, especially hand-to-hand combat—does.
Obviously she received little training with the Force, which is why she had been forgetting to use it while dueling Kylo near the end of the film, until he mentioned the Force. It would also explain why the Resistance was willing to have her go by herself to find Luke. Lastly, it would explain two more things, both from the final scene. It would explain why Rey is on the verge of tears when she finds Luke, and why Luke has a look of sheer surprise and/or amazement that Rey is the one who found him (you can see it in his eyes).
Perhaps the look on Luke's face is actually surprize and/or amazement that Rey is alive. Maybe she barely survived the slaughter of Luke's pupils, but suffered amnesia, which is why she only remembers bits and pieces of any events before that.
I do know the old man in the opening scene of the film—who gives Poe the piece of the map to find Luke—was one of the Rebel soldiers who served under Leia in the original Rebellion, because he says that to him, she will always be royalty. This is also evident in the fact that he knows who Kylo Ren really is, and tells Kylo to "remember [his] family" or to "remember where [he] cones from" (I don't remember exactly how it was worded), before Kylo kills him. It's possible that that old man was Rey's father.
"I can sense you're fear. You're scared that you'll never be as powerful asDarth Vader."
~Rey to Kylo Ren
Post edited by Altmanizer on

Replies

• Eh...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Rey's a kenobi! Only other character with English accent :smiley:
  • Luke totally did not look surprised....but maybe I just need to read emotions better
  • USAmazing wrote: »
    Eh...
    Don't question the truth. I've seen the film (and taken notes on exactly this) enough times to know.
    "I can sense you're fear. You're scared that you'll never be as powerful asDarth Vader."
    ~Rey to Kylo Ren
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Eh.. Good story line but really
    (you can tell because she has a Rebel pilot helmet and a Rebel pilot doll in her home).

She couldn't have picked that up in all scavenging of ships from the rebel-empire.
  • Rey's a kenobi! Only other character with English accent :smiley:

This. It's subtle but crucial. The actor who played Finn had to hide his accent. Why not make Rey hide her's? Because it's apart of the character.
  • Who cares? Speculation, at best.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Solo > no one significant > Skywalker > kenobi

Her being a clone is stupid or another force made person.
  • My family is leaning towards her being the grand daughter of Mace, we read somewhere that Mace did in fact have a child.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Altmanizer wrote: »
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Eh...
    Don't question the truth. I've seen the film (and taken notes on exactly this) enough times to know.

Check out all the posts on Rey in the Off Topic part of the forums... Your not the only one who has been taking notes.

I personally would be very disappointed if her parents are nobodies or new characters... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Rey's a kenobi! Only other character with English accent :smiley:

This. It's subtle but crucial. The actor who played Finn had to hide his accent. Why not make Rey hide her's? Because it's apart of the character.

Since when is accent genetic? What matters is the environment.
    What the hell, are you saying a child stranded on a strange planet for most of her childhood well into adulthood will not aquire the accent, culture and language of those around him?

If having an english accent isn't purely coincidental and you are right, that's beyond silly. It's like a child of english parents being raised in australia away from any other english people and someone magically developing a british accent instead of an australian accent.

I'm all for the theory of Rey being a kenobi, but that's a really stupid reason.
  • Can we move this to where it belongs. This has less than nothing to do with the game, lol
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't know who she is, but I know who she will be...

the_balance_of_the_force___reylo_by_liberlibelula-d9pm0kg.jpg

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    She is definetly connected to Leia in some way, j.j. Abrams even admitted to including a scene which he wanted to replace with but didn't have time to,
    The scene was Leia going to hug Rey instead of Chewie after finding out Han had died. Implementing that there is a bond between Leia and Rey somehow. But still could be just to throw us off, but was interesting that he mentioned it.
    [SöD]
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Luke totally did not look surprised....but maybe I just need to read emotions better

He looked angry to me...like, "what are YOU doing here?"
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    VIII wrote: »
    She is definetly connected to Leia in some way, j.j. Abrams even admitted to including a scene which he wanted to replace with but didn't have time to,
    The scene was Leia going to hug Rey instead of Chewie after finding out Han had died. Implementing that there is a bond between Leia and Rey somehow. But still could be just to throw us off, but was interesting that he mentioned it.
    [SöD]

That's the scene *in* the movie. He said it was a mistake.
  • Altmanizer wrote: »
    Who Rey really is:
    Obviously she received little training with the Force, which is why she had been forgetting to use it while dueling Kylo near the end of the film, until he mentioned the Force. It would also explain why the Resistance was willing to have her go by herself to find Luke.

Wrong...Resistance has nothing to do with Rey in entire movie.Its all about force awakens which refers Rey as force awaken on.So Siths target her as obtain power as a common dilemma of dark side.

Rest of your ideas are just words..Sorry but Rey is rey,she doesn't need to connected to a high rank jedi or sith.Force awaken on her thats simple.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Ouchie
    I know he said it was a mistake but to actually talk about that scene must mean something.
    [SöD]
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Rey's a kenobi! Only other character with English accent :smiley:
    Her father is Robin Hood from Men in Tights? :o
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.