GAC Feat Completions Not Carrying Over Between Tiers

Creme
32 posts Member
This is probably well known, but I find it pretty frustrating that progress towards feats with multiple tiers does not carry forward between tiers until you accept the reward for the previous tier.

I just did 8 undersized attacks this GAC because I was on a roll and in the zone and got back to the feats after finishing only to realize tier 1 stops at 5 undersized wins. I accept, and now I’m 0/8 in tier 2 even though I completed 8 and should be 3/8 into tier 2.

What are your thoughts? Is it my fault for not checking feats after every attack or is that a design flaw?

Replies

• Creme wrote: »
    Is it my fault for not checking feats after every attack or is that a design flaw?

Both :p

It's an incredibly annoying design flaw. And even when you know about it it's easy to forget when you open a new zone and start planning your next attacks. But for the time being it is what it is and you have to try and remember to count your undersized wins. The other one to remember is the full territories cleared feat. It's not a multiple of 4 so on round 5 you need to go in and claim it after clearing 2 territories. That's more silly to me. Would have been much more sensible to set it at 16 or 20 instead of 18.
  • I don't think it's a design flaw. You are always working on active feats. When you have the fleet arena feat, you have to complete 15 fleet battles when the feat is active, not life time. Same for undersized.

I see no reason why it should carry over.
  • I don't think it's a design flaw. You are always working on active feats. When you have the fleet arena feat, you have to complete 15 fleet battles when the feat is active, not life time. Same for undersized.

You might have missed the OP's point? The Fleet arena feats are not split up into tiers so you don't have to go into the feats screen and claim tier 1 before progressing onto tier 2 like you do with the Know Thy Enemy and Tactical Advance feats.

You might have missed the OP's point? The Fleet arena feats are not split up into tiers so you don't have to go into the feats screen and claim tier 1 before progressing onto tier 2 like you do with the Know Thy Enemy and Tactical Advance feats.

I didn't miss the point. I also fell for this during the first GAC. The counter for feats is active the same time the feats are. Part 2 won't start counting while part 1 is still active (even if you hit the threshold, the feat is complete uppon being claimed only).
  • Creme
    32 posts Member
    @RandomSithLord I understand what the counter is currently and how things work right now. The point was, should it work like that? Or should progress carry forward regardless of me having accepted the rewards from the previous tier?

The only thing stopping the counter from ticking forward is me claiming like 100 score and a few tokens.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I agree with the OP. Not a fan of having to back out of GAC constantly to be checking counters on feats. Or having to back out to claim them before continuing. Especially with all the new lag.

They should pop up automatically - like achievements do.

Poor design.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*