What PC/Console game do you wish you could experience again for the very first time?

Prev1
For me it would have to be Subnautica.

I thankfully went into it really knowing nothing more than "survival game at sea" and the joy of finding and exploring new places and piecing together the story as you go, coupled with the sheer terror of the dark depths and swimming swimming swimming... wait, what's that? No, seriously...WHAT. IS. THAT?!?!!? GetBackInTheSeamoth, GetBackInTheSeamoth!!!

I'm swimming along. I find this neat area I'd never been to before just NW of some big mushrooms.

PDA: "Detecting several leviathan-class creatures in the area. Are you sure whatever you're doing is worth it?"
Me: "Huh? You mean a bunch of those Reefback things?? No worries..they're like whales."
Reaper Leviathian: "RooooooooaR!!"
Seamoth: "*Snap-Crackle-Pop!*"
PDA: "You have died and lost some belongings."
This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

Replies

• I have only played a few PC games, but one of the first ones that sticks vividly out in my memory is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. My first play through, I fell into the catacombs below the castle. Obviously it is creepy. I turned my character around and standing directly behind me was a zombie skeleton. Scared the crap out of me. One of a few times a game has done so.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    If i could only ONE, i can't choose only one.
    So two games:Minecraft Java Edition and SWBF2 (Console)

I would give almost anything for a remastered version of SWBF 1 and 2. Those games were legit
  • Morrowind
  • Spyro the Dragon.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Final Fantasy VII best game ever
  • Fallout 3. I know most people might say the other games are better, but it's my personal favorite.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Mechwarrior 2
  • TVF wrote: »

My Apple IIe was soooo wasted playing Oregon Trail.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Planescape: Torment.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Jagged Alliance 2
  • Probably Resident Evil 4 for me, although Ratchet and Clank 2 would be in consideration.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Wing commander
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Age of Kings 2
  • Spyro the Dragon.

Did you get the remastered 3 game edition? I spent some time on that.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

My Apple IIe was soooo wasted playing Oregon Trail.

Ha, indeed.

Rescue Raiders was amazing for what the IIc (what I had) could do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Mechwarrior 2

Oh man, this. Loved that game.
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Mechwarrior 2

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries comes out in Dec (I think). I'm on the fence due to it being an Epic exclusive however.

But I may cave to tide me over until Subnautica: Below Zero has it's full release.
    I got it early access to support the Devs, but I don't wanna play it till it's done.... right?? Right... right?
  • It's a tie between Warcraft II and Ultima IX.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Mechwarrior 2

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries comes out in Dec (I think). I'm on the fence due to it being an Epic exclusive however.

But I may cave to tide me over until Subnautica: Below Zero has it's full release.
    I got it early access to support the Devs, but I don't wanna play it till it's done.... right?? Right... right?

I stopped at Mech 2 ;)
  • I played mech commander 1&2 on my PC a few years back, think that's the most recent single player game I've played, really enjoyed them.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Mechwarrior 2

I stopped at Mech 2 ;)

They made a free downloadable version of Mech4 a few years ago. It was pretty good.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Mechwarrior 2

I stopped at Mech 2 ;)

They made a free downloadable version of Mech4 a few years ago. It was pretty good.

I don't have time for anything other than SWGOH and my job at CG.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Mechwarrior 2

I stopped at Mech 2 ;)

Black Knight was awesome. My son used to play it for hours.
  • Legends of Dragoon was my intro to turn based games. Still love that 4-disc behemoth.
  • Max Payne! That game was sick back then.
  • Wraithe_227
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    BamWrath wrote: »
    Age of Kings 2

Its available on GOG. Works with Win7, 8 and 10.
  • Sid Meier's Pirates!
    Star Trek Elite Force
    Gunship
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Tie Fighter was amazing when I first played it, as was Dark forces 2. Freespace 2 probably just for that one mission (Pull up! Pull up! Pull Up!). Sank way too much time into Mechwarrior over the years, the original MW: Mercenaries was probably my favourite of the bunch. Looking forward to dusting off my Sidewinder JS to play MW5 next month.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • KOTOR and FFVII