Really? Ships?

Prev13
Donmanolito
118 posts Member
edited October 2019
I mean I pretty much have every toon that is required ready exept Shaak Ti and that **** me anyway but... GR SHIPS??? "At least 3 other GR Shipps at 7* and 40k" Who has those? Sure there are some that have Anakins Ship and Ahsokas and maybe even Five's/Rex's at 7*, but at least means pretty much If you dont have the Negotiator at 7* 40k (and who has that?) then you will need all the others at 7* 40k too... Who has that? In a game where you have to think twice where to spend your recources, who geared this toons/ships up to that level?

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Nobody will have a 7* Negotiator by the event, probably not even 6*.
    Everyone will use Mace.
    40k GR ship requirement is ridiculously easy to hit, I can't comprehend how there is a complaint even about that.

Who has that? People that are prepared for a meta change. Take it on the second run, but don't expect to get the new meta toons handed to you when you find the easiest requirement of the event to be excessive.
  • Nobody will have a 7* Negotiator by the event, probably not even 6*.
    Everyone will use Mace.
    40k GR ship requirement is ridiculously easy to hit, I can't comprehend how there is a complaint even about that.

Who has that? People that are prepared for a meta change. Take it on the second run, but don't expect to get the new meta toons handed to you when you find the easiest requirement of the event to be excessive.

While the reqs themselves aren’t hard, the issue is getting to them.
    Until 2 days ago, requiring ships for an epic confrontation wasn’t even in the cards. Not to mention a lot of people didn’t even consider farming up the ships (and their pilots) because Mace is the worst ship of the bunch by far and without Negotiator, there’s been no real use for them for a LONG time. Until recently any GR pilot has been useless too. Ashoka and Anakin became relevant under Padme and only about a month ago did clones become useful.

If you have your pilots ready it won’t be hard. If you don’t, clones are a pain to get up there and I’m sure you’ll need those pilots at G12 with their respective abilities omega’d at the minimum. Don’t forget we have no idea how hard this is going to be and knowing CG....kek...it’ll be nuts
  • They straight up said ships would be needed in the next Epic Confrontation last week in the Q&A.
  • It was in the cards since the last Q&A.

Again, the first run of the event was probably not meant for people who are far off from getting the Negotiator and hence lack the GR ships. If the released character is indeed meta defining, requirements shouldn't be set in a way in which they would be fulfilled by half of the playerbase on the first run.
  • Hmm the Negotiator needs GR ships. We know there will be a LS TB coming featuring the Clone Wars and the GR, witch will need ships. If you didn't run the boring Executrix Meta prior to HMF you might have Ahsoka and ETA-5 anyway. Really I think some people might be already quite close to the requirements.
  • EyeG_80ate wrote: »
    They straight up said ships would be needed in the next Epic Confrontation last week in the Q&A.

Yeah one weak makes such a huge difference in this game...
  • They just could have kept out the ships. Everyone farmed the toons that were likely for this event... Putting the ships in it is just a huge middle finger for all that dont enjoy ships and did not put much efford in it since it was never required for a toon event...
  • They just could have kept out the ships. Everyone farmed the toons that were likely for this event...
    That should be enough reason. New exclusive characters are not meant to be unlocked by 'everyone'.
  • Donmanolito
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Honestly I just expected that they will have the toons with a requirement of 20k+ so that you are foreced to relic all the required toons.

Ships just suck... I really hate being forced to do more then the bare minimum with ships...
  • Ships are so easy to maintain considering that they hardly change. You just focus on fleets to get in the top 20 and then leave it for like 3-6 months. I do that and I'm still able to be in the top 10.

If you're beyond 50 or even 100, it just says that you chose to sideline your ships. The sooner you accept the fact that you won't get any new characters / ships the first time around, the simpler your life would be in this game.

We're talking about characters and ships that has been around for ages, save maybe 1 or 2. I'm missing some of those droid and Padme but I know I'll get them the 2nd round so I don't stress myself out too much on this coz I learn that this game is all about CHOICES. Learn to live with it.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    My clones are weak, but I still have almost everything for this event. This is really F2P friendly. I only miss Shaak Ti. I will do the event 2nd time like I did Malak for 2nd time. Also everyone knows that th LS TB os coming, and Nego is the new ship meta. If someone didnt gear up the needed chars than that is their fault, not the devs. Most of the time Im on the other side too, but this time Im with the devs. It looks interesting, probably really hard, hopefully fun and I only need to farm 1 toon to do it next time. I will do some gearing too, but I already planed to gear up everyone(some already did) needed. Probably IG100 whom I didnt plan to gear up, but it is ok.
  • @Donmanolito
    "At least 3 other GR Shipps (sic) at 7* and 40k" Who has those?

I do. They're easily over 40k, with another ship at 38k waiting to be boosted if I needed it. And it wasn't hard to collect them and get them up above the minimum. I never even tried. It was just a byproduct of the rest of the farming I was doing anyway - no effort at all.
    Until recently any GR pilot has been useless too. Ashoka and Anakin became relevant under Padme and only about a month ago did clones become useful.

I remember when Princess Zody was all the rage for HAAT p4. People had plenty of reasons to gear the clones not only then, but also at other stages of the game. They even dropped the most gigantic hint ever that they wanted people to gear up Clones & Geonosians back when they were doing faction TW bonuses and were giving Geos and Clones the biggest bonuses and repeating those same bonuses over and over, as if to scream, "Hey, it's worth it to spend your gear on these factions!"

Moreover, getting the GR ships to 7* is trivial. The Endurance requires no investment of resources at all to 7* - just do the challenges. We've been collecting Prestige for so long I have maxed out Endurance just for something to do with all those Prestige mats and I still have 4,000 left over to instantly max Negotiator and Malevolence.

The GalRep fighters are all or almost all in the GW Store rotation, and so I've got those all at 7* as well.

With my recent gearing of Clones, I have 5 GalRep ships over 40k, and Anakin's ship is over 50k. We only need Ani+3.

And for those who were saying that we didn't have enough notice, it was at least one Dev interview ago and I think more than that where they said they were going to try to integrate ship content more into the game so that more toons required ships and more ships required toons. It certainly wasn't a warning about this event in particular, but it sure as heck put everyone who reads the forums on notice that if you want all the toons, you should collect all the ships because otherwise **someday** there would be a toon you wanted that you couldn't get.

Today is that day.

No one is giving you the finger. It's just a game where to get new things you have to collect other things, and you ignored the warnings. But even having ignored the warnings, you're STILL going to be able to get the fancy new toon in a couple months.

How cool is that?
  • When fleets launched I ran an Endurance target lock build that I got #1 every day with until Chimaera was launched.

I have all of those ships, ready. I am mostly FTP. I've spent a little bit here and there over the last year.

Also, because I spend little to no money, I realized because there are so few ships this is an area of the game I can stay ahead in as the game grows. So I've farmed up and developed every ship, or have every ship (except vulture droid) to 6* close enough to finish it off if an event comes.

FTP that haven't been developing ships have been unwise. We have been telling people in our guild since ship launch, if they are FTP, keep your ship roster strong, get ahead of the people who neglect it as ships become more incorporated into the game. This has been a wide open game mode with the constant threat that it will become more integral to the game the entire time it's been here, it has been the easiest area of the game to completely master for FTP because CG has ultimately not delivered on its promise to better integrate it until now.

Now, me and FTP like me, who have been developing ships - and who have put limited resources there - tell me why there shouldn't be events where that pays off so that people who wanted to develop something else can magically catch up?

It's a resource management game. Presumably you got a benefit from the choices you did make.
  • Can someone confirm which figure on a ships display is the figure we should be looking at for the 40k GP requirement? Thought it was the top one which would be ok but YouTube video by Ahnold says it is the crew power number which is on the left near the toons pic??? If it is that number then it is near on impossible to get all above 40k.
  • All my ships minus Reyfalcon and vulture Droid are 7*

For me it's Extinction Bomber (92/100), Sith Fighter (48/100), and Vulture Droid (still 0/30 until they come out with a way to farm it).

Since I'm only a couple days away from 7* Shaak Ti, I'll be doing 15/day of SithFighter soon, which means 5 shards/day... so about 2 weeks from now I'll only have Vulture Droid left. At that point all fleet energy goes to g12 gear. I'm really, really looking forward to that.
  • All my ships minus Reyfalcon and vulture Droid are 7*

For me it's Extinction Bomber (92/100), Sith Fighter (48/100), and Vulture Droid (still 0/30 until they come out with a way to farm it).

Since I'm only a couple days away from 7* Shaak Ti, I'll be doing 15/day of SithFighter soon, which means 5 shards/day... so about 2 weeks from now I'll only have Vulture Droid left. At that point all fleet energy goes to g12 gear. I'm really, really looking forward to that.

This is how every FTP should treat every toon they don't have, if you've been around in the game for any amount of time, to be ready for events.

It defeats the purpose - especially amongst FTP who compete with each other in guilds and GAC - to make it so resource management choices don't matter and anyone can catch up to big events at the last minute.

Other FTP spent on other things, I spent on this stuff, I've been at a disadvantage playing the long game, they've had an advantage going for other things. Eventually the long-game has to pay off.

What's the point of having resources choices constitute the major activity of the game if everyone can get everything all the time?
  • Can someone confirm which figure on a ships display is the figure we should be looking at for the 40k GP requirement? Thought it was the top one which would be ok but YouTube video by Ahnold says it is the crew power number which is on the left near the toons pic??? If it is that number then it is near on impossible to get all above 40k.
    Considering that the entry GP for the other tiers equals G12+1 without zetas, I think it's safe to assume they won't make relic 5+ pilots an entry criteria for ships.
  • Nice thing about ships- completely prevents me, and some of the whales around me, from unlock. I couldn't whale if I wanted to.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Agree with the OP to a degree. This is the first time in the history of the game there has been any kind of ship requirement for a character unlock. Whatevs. With a new movie just 2 months away, people will whale, get GA, then CG will drop a hard counter just a few weeks later, and expect people who want to be "at the tip of the spear" to whale again. It's the way of the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I read the OP and nothing else, so apologies if someone already pointed this out.

If something has been in the game a long time, and you can't 7* it by now, that's on you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Not to mention a lot of people didn’t even consider farming up the ships (and their pilots) because Mace is the worst ship of the bunch by far

QFT, and Mace himself is complete garbage w/o a rework
  • Donmanolito
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Ok listen... I play this game since 1,5 year. I have 2.8m GP and I think thats kind of high for this time. I'm really invested in the game, plan everything, participate on everything that brings me forward, I'm #1 in both arenas every day AND I have 0 chance to get this event! So the conclusion is, ether you play this game since the beginning or you are the one that cant participate the events if its not just by pure exident. AND that sucks. That, in my humble oppinion, will destroy the game because only a group of players can play the game completly and therefor enjoy the game completly. And that in a time where more and more players leave the game for the poor choises that the devs make and newer players are just screwed. This would have possibly been a event that breaks this cycle, but they screwed up. AGAIN!
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Adamklark wrote: »
    honestly I didn't expect this. I started to gear up clones. for no reason it seems. oh well should I say I'm not even surprised EA comes up with the most random things to make walls?

New player approaching 11 months and I will have at least 5 gr ships ready and a 40k+negotiator. Of course will miss shak due to only 2 refreshes and 5 star c3p0 but neglect ship at your own risk. Been #1 in fleet for 10 of those 11 months at 400 crystals and 1800 fleet shards a day 😉

And to guy abov me I agree. This is an event that is hard for newer players due to diversity.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It should be hard for new players. New players shouldn't expect to get the newest content first time around.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    e26.jpg
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I had umbaran ,plo and ahsoka' fighter maxed back in the chimera-biggs days because they were useful reenforcements. Jumped on ani's after finishing b1 because it's a great ship. With geo lstb announced, I finished off the remaining clone arcs and jedi consular ships. So it's not so crazy that people would have 40k+ GR ships, there's been enough reasons to work on them (including the fact that ship content is so stale that there isn't much to work on).

Endurance is probably the main hurdle for a lot of people who haven't geared mace (though he's an easy gear). Anyone who's been playing for 2+ years should have piles of prestige to upgrade the mats, though fleet currency may be an issue.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m