After playing through this several times...

Buzzsaw
89 posts Member
edited October 2019
I still find this game mode as enjoyable as jumping off a 20 story building.

It is still way off on difficulty even with relics.

Forcing us to play stupidly with second rate leaders is silly.

OP Shaak Ti is a joke, and about as fun as sliding down razor blades into an alcohol pool.

Multiple guild mates are showing game crashes which have destroyed attempts on the special mission.

All that in less than 2 hours.

On the bright note, the artwork for Acklay is great.

I’ve got no love for this event. None. Even after waiting. Even after relics. Even after investing more into the game. Why am I paying money for something that brings no joy to me whatsoever?

It’s a means to an end for Negotiator and Wat shards. The same Negotiator that no one will have ready for the General Skywalker event.

And while I’m in rant mode, I’d recommend CG stop bragging about how many relics it sold to whitewash 3Q fiscal results. The number of colonoscopies performed worldwide is skyrocketing, and I’m pretty sure that’s not an indication of how enjoyable they are. Sometimes something is a means to an end, but that doesn’t mean we like it. And it doesn’t mean it was good for the long-term health of the game.

Replies

• You can jump off the windu first seeing that you can use him instead of negotiator.

Sep droids are general req for padme, so it should be there if you already got her. C3PO is useful under padme so there's that too.

Sure Shaak ti is a joke, but people have them unlocked as a f2p already. Wat is not a hard requirements for GAS.
  • Dex, I’m not sure you fully understood my frustrations. Or maybe I’m not following your logic.

My point about the Negotiator shards is that CG rolled the GS event out before anyone can have a 7* Negotiator. So even those who have fully embraced and had success with the Geo TB aren’t going to see a potentially tremendous benefit of that dedication. Sure Windu also has a GR Capital Ship, but Geo TB will have no bearing on the new event, making it even less valuable.

I have Sep Droids. Thanks to OP NPC Shaak Ti, that investment is a little bad RNG from being a worthless investment.

And Wat shards are the other potential benefit of the Geo TB, and Wat likewise is not overly useful at this point, and won’t be for the GS event. Wat is a creatively developed character, but by no means is a game changer.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    You can jump off the windu first seeing that you can use him instead of negotiator.

Sep droids are general req for padme, so it should be there if you already got her. C3PO is useful under padme so there's that too.

Sure Shaak ti is a joke, but people have them unlocked as a f2p already. Wat is not a hard requirements for GAS.

he's talking about geotb

op, it gets better, you and your guild just need to build the chars
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I’m 5.3mil. In a top 20 guild. And I truly hate GeoTB (a word I use sparingly).
  • Buzzsaw wrote: »
    The number of colonoscopies performed worldwide is skyrocketing, and I’m pretty sure that’s not an indication of how enjoyable they are. Sometimes something is a means to an end, but that doesn’t mean we like it. And it doesn’t mean it was good for the long-term health of the game.

I see what you did there 'Means to an End"... on the other hand colonoscopies are potentially good for your long term health, or so my Dr. tells me....

• Yeah. The analogy isn’t perfect. But I don’t think the logic of “people paid money for it, so they must like it” is infallible either.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    You're aware of the Poggle geos+ zDooku strategy for the p1 poggle combat? Use dooku to finish as many of the clones as possible, even letting medics revive clones so you cam do it again, all to stack as much of the separatist buff as possible. Make stage 4 a lot easier.

As for the nute special, I was able to do it once and then never again. Not sure why. Got by shaak ti without too much trouble the first time, ever since she kills magna and ends up being a 10min match just to get to p4 which I know I'll lose. It might be that nute's zeta actually makes it harder since it used to take a lot longer to get through stages 1 and 2, b1 stacking the entire time. I recall have over 200 stacks of droid battalion, but I'm nowhere close to that now. Several others in my guild have the same issue.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kalidor, I think the root issue for me starts with the intentional obsolescence of a developed roster. Then complicate it by forcing us to use inferior leads by hard coding them. Then add whacked mechanics and OP NPCs that are tragically difficult even if you succumb to the out-of-control power creep.

The event just isn’t fun to me, and reinforces a lot of the issues I have with the game right now. This is the feeling I get when a game is in panic mode near death. I participate in GeoTB because I need to for my own roster’s and my guild’s progression.

It just isn’t fun to me. Except maybe Acklay (which is 7-9 minutes of a 6 day event).