Anakin + General Skywalker = :O

Padmé_Sadmé
208 posts Member
edited October 2019
Abbreviations;
- General Skywalker = GAS
- Anakin = JKA

With GAS being added to the game and since its logical that 501st will synergize with him (501st is missing s 5th)

How is GAS gonna deter players from using JKA and have an even stronger version of Shaak + 501st & JKA squad?

JKA will have a full GR squad surrounding him leading to utter chaos & >100K dmg AoE's.

Obviously the kit reveal may change this problem but I dont see a way where GAS can provide boosts so strong to 501st that people would use a full 501st squad over a GAS + 501st Clones + JKA.

Unless JKA gets hard nerfed

Thoughts?
Post edited by Padmé_Sadmé on

Replies

• My guess is a highly synergistic 501st lead.

The real question is why create a new (nonsensical) acronym for a very old character? Anakin is called Jedi Knight Anakin, thus JKA.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

The real question is why create a new (nonsensical) acronym for a very old character? Anakin is called Jedi Knight Anakin, thus JKA.

Lol because I forgot what he was called in game ;p

I'll change it dw

I'll change it dw

Ha ha, fair. Were you going for "regular anakin" with ra?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    My guess is a highly synergistic 501st lead.

When did sadme create a new acronym? That's the bigger question?
  • dlv1986 wrote: »
    My guess is a highly synergistic 501st lead.

When did sadme call anikan anything but jka that's the real question? Yeah I spelled it like it sounds. And like everyone in film pronounces it. Especially padme!

He edited op after my post

I'll change it dw

Ha ha, fair. Were you going for "regular anakin" with ra?

Yeah
  • IF GenSkyGuy is the new 501st Lead, and strictly trying to answer OP’s hypothetical, it could be that the synergies are highly 501st-specific. Also, remember LSGeoTB is in a few weeks. IF the synergies are high, there could (likely?) be a new 501st Clone who would replace JKAni due to kit/synergies, leaving JKAni to go back to Padme.

So many hypotheticals. Lol.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    It's GS for General Skywalker. No one ever called him "General Anakin". That's like calling Darth Vader "Lord Darth".
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    I like GAS personally
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    It's GS for General Skywalker. No one ever called him "General Anakin". That's like calling Darth Vader "Lord Darth".
    Yes. Please for the love of the force stop calling him General Anakin. You sound five years old.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    I like GAS personally

As do i....mainly because part of my brain is still 9 years old, and it makes me smile. I can't wait until I unlock him and can brag to everyone in my guild that I have GAS.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    Yes. Please for the love of the force stop calling him General Anakin. You sound five years old.

Someones taking the name of a fictional movie characters name wayyy too serious.

But I'll change it if it makes you happy ;D
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    I like GAS personally

As do i....mainly because part of my brain is still 9 years old, and it makes me smile. I can't wait until I unlock him and can brag to everyone in my guild that I have GAS.

I like it too.

Because it's easier to edit in lol
  • I imagine there will be a conditional unique that will only trigger if the entire team is 501st under a GS lead making it more beneficial than not to plug in snips or another new 501st toon over JKA.
  • We have no way of knowing until we see General Skywalker's kit. Raising alarms at this point is of little value.
    Still not a he.

Someones taking the name of a fictional movie characters name wayyy too serious.

But I'll change it if it makes you happy ;D

Well most everyone who plays this game takes it too seriously. :) I just like literary consistency. To me it’s like saying President Donald instead of Trump or Professor Charles instead of Professor Xavier.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    We have no way of knowing until we see General Skywalker's kit. Raising alarms at this point is of little value.

Might be time to raise the alarms they just released his kit. This is a whole new level of power creep.
  • weewoo, WeeWoo, WeEEeEWOoOoOO
  • Might be time to raise the alarms they just released his kit. This is a whole new level of power creep.
    I run Padme in arena and I see something I could plausibly beat.
    Still not a he.
  • I like GAS best for many reasons:
    It is kind of funny.
    GA would be confusing to most as there isn't a GA in game
    GS is confusing as there is already 4 units in the game with the initials GS so using GAS lets everyone know which one I'm talking about without clariification
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Petition to call all Hans "Han."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's pronounced Han.
    Still not a he.
    TVF wrote: »
    It's pronounced Han.

Why did I read this two different ways
    Might be time to raise the alarms they just released his kit. This is a whole new level of power creep.
    I run Padme in arena and I see something I could plausibly beat.

@YaeVizsla - meant to follow up on this earlier, as I also run Padme in arena (mostly R3 team with R7 JKA). Just curious as to what you see the weaknesses in GAS's team might be. And would you swap someone (GMY?) in for C3P0 vs. GAS instead? Normally I run Padme, JKA, GK, AT and 3p0 since my shard is mostly R5-R7 DR/Malak.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's pronounced Han.

Why did I read this two different ways

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla - meant to follow up on this earlier, as I also run Padme in arena (mostly R3 team with R7 JKA). Just curious as to what you see the weaknesses in GAS's team might be. And would you swap someone (GMY?) in for C3P0 vs. GAS instead? Normally I run Padme, JKA, GK, AT and 3p0 since my shard is mostly R5-R7 DR/Malak.
    I run the same team, and when I look at GAS it doesn't seem that different from fighting Shaak troopers except you don't have to get around Fives first since GAS starts of with supertaunt and doesn't give the troopers any form of bulk or sustain. And nobody on the team resists percent health damage, so courage will do a number on anyone you need it to. Clones tend to fold quickly once Shaak Ti is gone. I don't see it being any better when they have two thirds the health and protection.

But we'll see how this pans out soon enough. But I see a situation where Padme soft counters GAS, GAS soft counters Drevalak, and Drevalak soft counters Padme.
    Still not a he.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla - meant to follow up on this earlier, as I also run Padme in arena (mostly R3 team with R7 JKA). Just curious as to what you see the weaknesses in GAS's team might be. And would you swap someone (GMY?) in for C3P0 vs. GAS instead? Normally I run Padme, JKA, GK, AT and 3p0 since my shard is mostly R5-R7 DR/Malak.
    I run the same team, and when I look at GAS it doesn't seem that different from fighting Shaak troopers except you don't have to get around Fives first since GAS starts of with supertaunt and doesn't give the troopers any form of bulk or sustain. And nobody on the team resists percent health damage, so courage will do a number on anyone you need it to. Clones tend to fold quickly once Shaak Ti is gone. I don't see it being any better when they have two thirds the health and protection.

But we'll see how this pans out soon enough. But I see a situation where Padme soft counters GAS, GAS soft counters Drevalak, and Drevalak soft counters Padme.

Sounds good - thanks for the insight. I was thinking along similar lines. I have one player who runs R3 Shaak and R5-R7 Clones in arena and my team can take it out easily. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing - and you nailed it - GAS doesn't provide the Clones with extra healing or protection recovery (or extra speed) like Shaak does. Good stuff.

ETA: The player I was referring to has 5* GAS unlocked. lol. So I might get to test this sooner than I thought. :D