Why Does General Skywalker look like Hayden Christensen?

Prev1
Seems like Jedi Knight Anakin should like
maxresdefault.jpg
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.

Only problem with your argument is that Anakin never wore his clone wars outfit in Revenge of the Sith while the pic above definitely has him wearing his clone wars outfit but has Hayden's face. I just chalk this up to being the character depictions go hand in hand since....well....they're both anakin.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.

Only problem with your argument is that Anakin never wore his clone wars outfit in Revenge of the Sith while the pic above definitely has him wearing his clone wars outfit but has Hayden's face. I just chalk this up to being the character depictions go hand in hand since....well....they're both anakin.

That's not really a problem with my argument. My argument wasn't that GAS was movie anakin, just that we don't have one yet. It seemed like OP was implying that jka was movie anakin and GAS is cartoon anakin. I'm not sure what GAS is, I just know that JKA is cartoon anakin.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Isn't this basically asking why he looks like himself?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.

There's no need to get math involved.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

But... But.... I like math!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

It's simple y = a(x - x)² + y

Hayden = Anakin(JKA - GA)² + y

Solve for Y

Y you ask? Because we know Padmé is anakin's X
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But... But.... I like math!

As is always the case in these forums, not everyone shares your experience. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

wouldnt general skywalker be now considered the clone wars one (hopefully he gets the twilight ship) and the Jedi knight anakin we currently have would be the episode 3 anakin?
    or maybe this is just the "season 7" anakin?

like to me general skywalker i never think of the ep 3 anakin i think of him in the clone wars as thats what he was always called during it. meanwhile in ep 3 i dont recall him being called that meaning it would be a weirder name for that version of anakin if im remembering the movie right.
  • Cuz Hayden is teh sex
  • maybe capital game don’t have hayden portrait right because he left starwars ages ago so they couldn’t put his face on jka

but now... ep9 coming...

purely speculation
  • Hmm, looks a little bit like the young David Hasselhoff. Very sweet!
    :*
  • flux_rono wrote: »

wouldnt general skywalker be now considered the clone wars one (hopefully he gets the twilight ship) and the Jedi knight anakin we currently have would be the episode 3 anakin?

like to me general skywalker i never think of the ep 3 anakin i think of him in the clone wars as thats what he was always called during it. meanwhile in ep 3 i dont recall him being called that meaning it would be a weirder name for that version of anakin if im remembering the movie right.

Not at all. We could go this whole game's lifespan, get 30 Anakins and not have a one of them be a movie Anakin. Just because there's multiple doesn't mean one has to be the movie version.
  • I am excited to try this character out, but from a lore standpoint, the waters have gotten a little muddy. Since the event is having him face-off against Ventress(A character we don't see in any of the films), I assume it's at least partially related to TCW cartoon. I feel like JKA is now more close to Episode 3 Anakin; his attire looks like the robes he wore when fighting Kenobi on Mustafar, while this new Anakin very much looks like the cartoon. As far as the new toon looking like Hayden; all of the likenesses of Anakin pre Darth Vader and post little Ani are meant to be of Hayden even the cartoon.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    That's the money face man, you already know it. Let the dollaz drop all over Hayden's face.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Darn, I was hyped to unlock this guy, but I think I'll pass now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The event takes inspiration from clone wars episodes.. This is the cartoon character and JKA is the film version
  • On a similar topic, I've noticed that Han Solo looks a lot like Harrison Ford.... weird huh?
  • Slippyfist wrote: »
    On a similar topic, I've noticed that Han Solo looks a lot like Harrison Ford.... weird huh?

**** and Yoda looks awfully a lot like Kermit the frog.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Seems like Jedi Knight Anakin should like
    maxresdefault.jpg

Because General Skywalker is Anakin Skywalker. In canon he looks like Hayden.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The clone wars version Of Anakin looks a lot more like his voice actor (Matt Lanter) than Hayden. Good to actually have a movie likeness, IMO.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member

Solve for Y

Actually no. Padme died before a divorce could take place, so technically Anakin is a widower.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »

Solve for Y

Actually no. Padme died before a divorce could take place, so technically Anakin is a widower.

The marriage was not recognized by the Senate, so technically they were never married.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    EdSolo wrote: »

Solve for Y

The marriage was not recognized by the Senate, so technically they were never married.

What happens on Naboo Stays on Naboo....
  • When it comes to Clone Wars characters, CG's designers seem to try and strike a balance between the big-eyed cartoon version and the movie version (where applicable). Besides, that's just a drawing / concept art.

cqxudhwt695c.jpg

• You should be asking why Luke and Leia look nothing like Hayden Christensen or Natalie Portman.

Or maybe why Kylo Ren has a British accent when neither of his parents nor his uncle do.
  • jfears2
    185 posts Member
    edited October 2019

Solve for Y

x-x = 0, 0 squared is 0, 0 times a is 0, 0 plus y is y, therefore y = y.... Hayden = hayden... oh god... it's a paradox.

Also you used two different values for the same x variable which is impossible but whatevs... math laws shmath laws
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
    flux_rono wrote: »

Not at all. We could go this whole game's lifespan, get 30 Anakins and not have a one of them be a movie Anakin. Just because there's multiple doesn't mean one has to be the movie version.

Well i could agree but according to the dev insight what i said is correct.
    General skywalker is clone wars, jedi knight anakin is episode 3 :D
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    They updated Jedi Knight Anakin’s portrait and it’s a pleasing update