Help! Returning to the game after 1.5 years

Augusto213
4 posts Member
edited October 2019
Hey everybody! I'm returning to SWGOH after a while (the last time I played Commander Han Solo was just released, alongside those Guild Battles). Would you help me get back into the game?

Here's my rooster: https://swgoh.gg/p/361736831/

Do you have any advice? I was using for Arena Vader, EP, Maul, Savage, Thrawn but I'm getting my **** kicked. I really like Empire and Sith characters, so if it's possible, I would like to use those types. I've seen that there are many new Old Republic and Sith Legends characters, which is pretty cool.

Thanks!! And may the force with you.
Post edited by Augusto213 on

Replies

• Wookiebush wrote: »
    Probably start farming for Darth Revan if you want to stay sith. Carth, juhani, fallen bastilla, canderous, and hk47.

And farm JKR since DR is hotcakes and Malak (requires JKR & DR) Is the syrup
  • Wookiebush wrote: »
    Probably start farming for Darth Revan if you want to stay sith. Carth, juhani, fallen bastilla, canderous, and hk47.

Thanks. For what I see, I won't make it to the next event of neither DR nor JKR, so I will farm the characters needed so that when the next time comes, I'm ready.

On a different topic, what team of my current rooster would you use in Arena? Perhaps I'm missing something, is there something better than what I'm currently using?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    zPalp lead and Bastilia Shan (fallen) will help refresh your squad but I don't know how much that will gain you in squad arena. You are a long way behind your peers in terms of mods, zetas and meta toons.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    zPalp lead and Bastilia Shan (fallen) will help refresh your squad but I don't know how much that will gain you in squad arena. You are a long way behind your peers in terms of mods, zetas and meta toons.

Thanks, I'm feeling the difference at the arena. Should I use the mods that are suggested by the game itself for each toon?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you want to stay on the Dark Side path, give your Phoenix a bit of love, so that you can take Thrawn to 7*. Mainly Ezra could use a gear level or two more.

Bastilla Shan (Fallen) is a must-have disregarding whether you want to farm for DR or you just want to improve your current squad. A zeta on EP's lead and high speed on Vader could help you get into top-500, maybe 300-ish depending on your shard (but not much higher until you get Badstilla).

To get back on track in fleet arena you should farm the 4 bounty hunter ships and their pilots along with a full BH squad of 5. This will help you unlock the Falcon and Chewie, who's part of the crew. Dark side ships are not really part of the two most recent fleet METAs (apart from HT, which is part of every strong fleet under any capital ship).

How is your guild? An active guild that collects many raid tickets daily is key to developing your roster.

Welcome back :-)
  • You'd have an easier time restarting after coming up with a plan. Go for the top spots in areas to help your crystal income and build faster. After 1.5 years you're at a huge disadvantage.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    If you want to stay on the Dark Side path, give your Phoenix a bit of love, so that you can take Thrawn to 7*. Mainly Ezra could use a gear level or two more.

Bastilla Shan (Fallen) is a must-have disregarding whether you want to farm for DR or you just want to improve your current squad. A zeta on EP's lead and high speed on Vader could help you get into top-500, maybe 300-ish depending on your shard (but not much higher until you get Badstilla).

To get back on track in fleet arena you should farm the 4 bounty hunter ships and their pilots along with a full BH squad of 5. This will help you unlock the Falcon and Chewie, who's part of the crew. Dark side ships are not really part of the two most recent fleet METAs (apart from HT, which is part of every strong fleet under any capital ship).

How is your guild? An active guild that collects many raid tickets daily is key to developing your roster.

I used to be in an awesome guild but it disolved (part of why I left the game). My current guild is not too good, they don't even do the hAAT. I'm currently looking for a better one.

Thanks for the advice! So I'll go with Bastilla Shan (Fallen), Phoenix and the Bounty Hounter ships. Regarding the mods, do I use the ones that are automatically suggested? When I left the game I had my toons with mods I thought were good but now it seems they were all wrong as the AI suggests to change all of them
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    You'd have an easier time restarting after coming up with a plan. Go for the top spots in areas to help your crystal income and build faster. After 1.5 years you're at a huge disadvantage.

But if I restart, won't I be in a bigger disadvantage? I won't have the crystal inflow, the ability to farm the toons I'd like, I won't have all the mods I currently own and neither will I have any of the zetas. I won't have the toons for neither CLS norThrawn, and I won't have any ships
  • Augusto213 wrote: »
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    You'd have an easier time restarting after coming up with a plan. Go for the top spots in areas to help your crystal income and build faster. After 1.5 years you're at a huge disadvantage.

But if I restart, won't I be in a bigger disadvantage? I won't have the crystal inflow, the ability to farm the toons I'd like, I won't have all the mods I currently own and neither will I have any of the zetas. I won't have the toons for neither CLS norThrawn, and I won't have any ships

You wouldn't necessarily be at a disadvantage. You would be restarting from scratch, but would know what you are doing/how to farm. You would also reset who is in your arena shard, so you wouldn't be 1.5 years of mods/characters behind and could compete for top spots early.

What you lose with starting over is the time/money you already invested in your account. If your main focus is competitive PvP (arena/GAC/TW), I would recommend starting over with a good plan. If you just want to play and collect your favorite characters, then keep your original account and build with what you have.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Try to get ahead on the new meta, so work on your first Order and resistance because episode nine is coming
  • You want help??? Run away is my advice.

The New 17 thousand plus power requirements to access new toon events/G13 gear/hundreds of kryotechs needed/ relics/ insanely over powered toons that you need to read abilities over and over again just to understand how they work/not too mention the horrible randomness of drops is enough to make even a seasoned veteran of this game with over a 5million GP roster like myself start to doubt if it’s even worth it to continue playing.

The road CG has picked to go down in the past year is enough to suck any fun out of the game for me. Today I play more out of habit than I do fun.

I never liked ships/don’t care for GAC/don’t care for GeoTB/don’t like the new gear cap nor do I care for relics.

I’m glad this happened though. Most online game I play for 2-3 years tops before moving on.

December makes 4 years now. Guess I just needed some motivation and a kick in the rear to finally get disgusted with this game.

So I actually Thank the devs for this:))

OP good luck coming back to the game.
  • Augusto213 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I used to be in an awesome guild but it disolved (part of why I left the game). My current guild is not too good, they don't even do the hAAT. I'm currently looking for a better one.

Thanks for the advice! So I'll go with Bastilla Shan (Fallen), Phoenix and the Bounty Hounter ships. Regarding the mods, do I use the ones that are automatically suggested? When I left the game I had my toons with mods I thought were good but now it seems they were all wrong as the AI suggests to change all of them

Could you maybe show us a picture of the mods
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Welcome back!
    Ignore the “sky is falling on our heads” comments ;)

Advertise for a guild doing HAAT and tier 5/6 HSTR + Hoth TB.
    I’d suggest you aim to get squads that are easily obtainable and useful in Hoth TB/Daily Events and Unlocking Legendaries.
    —> CLS
    Finish Old Ben to 7* (Cantina) and you’ve got this event! He’s worth it
    —> Bastila Shan
    Darkside 5B, the second best Jedi Leader (needs her zeta) and works great with GMY, who you have. Throw in Old Ben, Ezra and Kanan, until you can replace with GK, Jolee and eventually JKR Lead. This one character combined with GMY will make your Jedi useful.
    —> BHunters!
    So many events, Rebel Roundup, Galactic Bounties, DSTB Missions (Hoth), needed to unlock Chewie (who will supercharge your Han and CLS) + Pilots (HTooth!) + needed to unlock the MFalc.
    Aim towards Chewie (a very tough event) and then later unlocking the MFalc.
    Farm Dengar to 7* (Guild Store) - the Chewie event is very hard without him.
    You also want to start the slow process of farming Bossk and HTooth (which gives Jango to).
    This will take a while but is worth it!
    —> Sith
    Bastila Fallen - will supercharge EP and eventually useful for DR
    zeta lead on EP

TL:DR —> Get CLS, Farm both Bastilas and gear/farm BHs.

• Dooku and BSF are hands down the best easy to get siths and among the best toons in the game right now.
  • Dooku and BSF are hands down the best easy to get siths and among the best toons in the game right now.

Good point, especially with his roster!
    If he ran a “shock team”
    zzEP, zBSF, Dooku who complete that team?