El Kamino

Has anyone seen the movie "The Mexican" with Brad Pitt?

He's in Mexico and needs a ride. So he's talking to this Mexican car dealer and he keeps saying "El Camino!" So whenever I see this Clone Clash on Kamino, I read Clone Clash on El Kamino! And in my mind I hear the car dealer saying "El Camino"!

Speaking of which, the Camino was a sweet ride. I wish I bought a junker back in the day to fix now. I bet most people have never seen an El Camino in person. They're pretty rare now.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    If Darth Vader drove a car:09fwhrtcxyyj.jpg

• That is beautiful. Wow. I just love the shape, the lines... it's so smooth!
  • Yo hablo tres idiomas amigo. Entiendo en todo las palabaras ellose estan hablando. Entonces, si, puedo hablar, y escribir y leer en espanol. Mis padres viven in Mexico por 5 meses del ano. A mi tambie, visito a mexico muchas vezes in el ano. Trabaje por una compania de serbisio y hable con clientes en Espanol.

2 ban jae ono - Hankook imnida. Sugi oryorro kuraeso, irokae sugoisso. Musun mal algetchi? Ama, han do morogess ji? Kenchana, arrasso. Haji man, taum e - joshim hae. Uri ta tarun ono aldo.

• I speak 3 languages my friend. I understand all the words they're saying. So, yes, I can speak, write and read in Spanish. My parents live in Mexico for 5 months of the year. And I too visit Mexico a lot in theyear. I worked for a company for service and I spoke with Spanish speaking clients. For my job.

Then in Korean written in Enlgish.. 2nd language is Korean. Writing like this is difficult. Do you understand? Maybe you don't. Okay, I get it. But next time, careful we all know another language.
  • Oh and it's still funny because my take was they were making fun of the lack of language knowledge he had. Like a dumb foreigner. I think that was kinda the part of the scene that added humor to it.

More importantly, the El Camino he was given was very very very nice!

It's such a cool car. I wish I was alive when it came ut to see what kind of pepole bought it and used it when it was the car of that era. Like, was it a grocery getter? Was it a jock car? I mean - did it have a buying base? Why did they stop? Will they ever continue? I should read up :)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Oh and it's still funny because my take was they were making fun of the lack of language knowledge he had. Like a dumb foreigner. I think that was kinda the part of the scene that added humor to it.

More importantly, the El Camino he was given was very very very nice!

It's such a cool car. I wish I was alive when it came ut to see what kind of pepole bought it and used it when it was the car of that era. Like, was it a grocery getter? Was it a jock car? I mean - did it have a buying base? Why did they stop? Will they ever continue? I should read up :)

I'm not an expert, but I think the el camino had several uses and types of owners. It came out in the 50s and I'm pretty sure ended around 85 so it spanned 5 decades.

Also, if you plan to read up, also consider looking in to Fords version, the Ranchero. (Funny, I never realized both companies gave them spanish names lol)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I can totally see Han and Chewie driving this one:

2czuapj3gd83.jpg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Orrale
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • My first car was a 1973 Chevelle. It was the same car as the Camino in a coupe style. Really nice ride for a 17 year old kid. A few years later I bought a Ranchero, think it must have been a 60something model, don't recall.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    If Darth Vader drove a car:09fwhrtcxyyj.jpg

I kinda think that Vader would rock Dom's Charger from Fast and the Furious franchise. Not sure if any other vehicle has been destroyed and rebuilt as many times as vader has.