General Skywalker viable at 5*

Kisakee
1648 posts Member
How to basically make him unkillable:
tevjk80idlwd.jpeg
9a2wrjhgg90v.jpeg
"Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
- Grand Admiral Thrawn

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Upgrade level 2:
    b5nm0ybcydrj.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • I’d rather have the bonuses he gets from being in an all 501st team.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Counter Chance and Bonus Crit Damage? That isn't helping at all when he's downed within no time.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Well, I'd say if you have 4 zetas on hand, then yes.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Oh, i do know that there will be some folks in my arena that will have him ready in no time. Especially the one and only Mister Whale:
    hl2q7qoww6q7.jpeg
    :#
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Counter Chance and Bonus Crit Damage? That isn't helping at all when he's downed within no time.

You might want to keep reading. You are missing things.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

Even with Bonus Protection and extra Defense he's not able to restore Protection while being in attack mode.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Even with Bonus Protection and extra Defense he's not able to restore Protection while being in attack mode.

He doesn’t have to. He will only do massive damage on 100% counter chance with his forced, undispellable taunt when he is in a full 501st team. He will have less bonus defense, tenacity and protection for every 501st ally you take out of the team to start.

When he loses protection (which he absolutely will even with one of those tech items) he removes that tech item from himself when he meditates. And characters can only have one to begin with.

Edit: Here is a quote from the developer insight post.

Q: How does the new keyword “Remove” come into play with the Advance and Cover mechanics?
    CG_ParkingInstructor: We’ve used dispel in the past for characters that need to remove debuffs but General Skywalker has the special keyword, Remove. This will remove all status effects, including un-dispellable effects. This was necessary for the mechanics of General Skywalker’s kit and given the legendary nature of General Skywalker’s abilities, we felt it made sense in this rare case but this is not something we plan to use in future character kits.

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I think you don't get the intention.. The plan is do NOT let him fall to zero Protection.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
    I think you don't get the intention.. The plan is do NOT let him fall to zero Protection.

It is impossible. You are giving up what makes him good for something impossible. He will be a forced taunt. The entire other team will be hitting him. He will lose protection. He will also remove the protection regen tech from himself.

I dont think you get the intention of the character itself.
  • Every GS without a full 501st will die pretty fast. He is missing critical key components of his kit if he is outside of a full 501st team.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    If he has two 501st allies and two others who give him unique buffs like Wat and Yoda can i do believe he will be a pain too. That's all about 5* GS, not 7*.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    For the cost of getting him? Probably not.

What exactly are you referring to?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Considering that at 5* his protection will be lousy (g11), it will be super easy to get him into Cover, in which case he will 'remove' the Tech and Master's Training.
    It simply won't work.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    Considering that at 5* his protection will be lousy (g11), it will be super easy to get him into Cover, in which case he will 'remove' the Tech and Master's Training.
    It simply won't work.

That's why i said viable, not super useful. Of course you can't lead him against an army of G13 in this state.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    Considering that at 5* his protection will be lousy (g11), it will be super easy to get him into Cover, in which case he will 'remove' the Tech and Master's Training.
    It simply won't work.

That's why i said viable, not super useful. Of course you can't lead him against an army of G13 in this state.

Good, I wouldnt want to sit through the onslaught of posts complaining that 2 5* characters are on a meta team.....