new player needing advice

Hello everyone,
I've started the game again like 2/3 days ago and I would need your advice :
Who should I farm? (I'm currently starting with Phoenix)
How to find a good guild to start that doesn't have any requirement but is still very active?(very difficult to find in the recruitment forum) (I would like to find a german speaking guild)
Any other advice are also welcome :smile:
Thanks

Replies

• 42Duck__42 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    How to find a good guild to start that doesn't have any requirement but is still very active?(very difficult to find in the recruitment forum) (I would like to find a german speaking guild)
    Thanks

The game is not design for new player so don't start the game.
  • While many perhaps will share the opinion you shouldn't start, I say go for it. Phoenix is the proper place to start.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lsh22p8CnE
    This video lines out the proper progression. Buy energy for the 3 50 crystal refreshes everyday if you can. The game really doesn't start until you hit 85.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jenjhys wrote: »
    The game is not design for new player so don't start the game.

Don't **** the new guy, they're a rare breed. I hear Attenborough is doing a special... :)

For the OP - in all seriousness, Phoenix is still a good place to start, although some people will say start the Old Republic faction to get Jedi Knight Revan and the Darth Revan right away. I don't think I would go that route.

A few things to note:
    1) become familiar with the 'crunch' areas of the game. These are built-in to get you to spend real $$$ to get past them, but if you are patient and focused you can work through them with no or small spends. The crunches are: Gear (all the time), mid-game credit crunch, and omega & zeta ability materials (which open up when you get your characters to level 70+).
    2) Don't 'bulk-up' your roster (ie, advance units randomly). The size of your roster determines your 'Galactic Power' and this is used to match you in in various PvP events. The trouble is that the characters' real power growth (how effective they are) is not scaled accurately vs their 'Galactic Power Rating'. So 1x 25,000 GP character can easily take on 3x 15,000 GP characters. This becomes particularly evident in the end game. It's perfectly ok to have a dozen or more level 1 characters in your roster. (I can't emphasize this enough - lots of mid-level characters is not a great strategy, believe me I know from experience.)
    3) Success in the game comes through resource management, so saving resources and focusing on advancing one or two factions at a time is key. It will be very very tempting to consider a faction 'done' when they are Gear 10 or Gear 11 and level 85, but they aren't. Gear 12 is, imo, the new standard for 'done' (to everyone else - yes I know that G13 and Relics are a thing, but G12 characters still have tons of utility).
    4) I apologize in advance for mods and relics.
    5) Mods: when these unlock for you, learn what a 'good' mod is. Mods are quite frankly, the most confusing aspect of the game (I still struggle with the end game statistical impacts) but can't be ignored. Rules of thumb which you should file for later: Learn the differences between Primary and Secondary mod stats. The Primary stats are great early, but Secondary stats on good mods can almost equal the Primary bonus. Speed Secondaries and Speed Primary Arrows are important. Speed sets are not as good as they seem. Mods with speed secondaries +10 and up are quite good. Offense secondaries of +100 are also good. A very few characters benefit from being extremely slow. Crappy yellow mods are still worth keeping to power ship pilots you won't be using in Arena.
    6) Ships. Don't ignore them. You can often get much better rewards in Ship Arena than Squad Arena, because it is easier to finish higher. When Ships unlocks, learn how ship speed is impacted by mods & gear.
    7) Have fun! If you ever stop having fun with this silly little mobile game, dump it and go for something else. I'm 4 years in and I'm still having fun.

Good luck!

• Thank you for answering. I will try to avoid making too much mistakes now
  • For the OP - in all seriousness, Phoenix is still a good place to start, although some people will say start the Old Republic faction to get Jedi Knight Revan and the Darth Revan right away.

Old Republic is easy to get and helpful, but they should be second to get after Phoenix.

For Old Republic, start with Bastila Shan and Jolee Bindo as soon as your Phoenix is up and running. These are both Jedi, and combined with the two jedi from Phoenix (Kanan & Ezra) that gives you FOUR of the five characters you need for Yoda.

The last Jedi you'll need for Yoda should probably be Ahsoka Tano.

On the Dark Side, Phoenix will get you both Thrown and Emperor Palpatine, which are great Dark Side toons even at the end game. While you're waiting for those two from Phoenix, quickly farm TIE Fighter Pilot and Range Trooper - both are accessible at early levels, and the TIE ship is important in fleet.

For Ships, you want to farm Ahsoka Tano's ship + the two Phoenix ships + the TIE + Vader's TIE (The TIE Advanced).

Once you're done farming Phoenix in Cantina, get to work on Node 3F farming Kylo Ren Unmasked and his ship (they are both on the same node).

Along the way, whenever you find yourself not knowing what to do next, try Bounty Hunters. They're very important for recurring events that give you cash and mods and even ship blueprints and materials needed to upgrade ships. Plus once you have their ships, you can get both Chewbacca (using the toons) and the Millennium Falcon, Original Version. Both Original Chewie and Original Falcon are amazing in their respective roles.

By the time you're halfway done with all that, you'll have your own ideas about what to farm based on what seems fun, accessible, and powerful to you!
  • Excellent advice there @MasterSeedy .
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    42Duck__42 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    Thanks

As far as info, be sure to check out some of the youtube creators, AhnaldT101 is definitely an entertaining one, Skelturix has a ton of good info and there's others that do nice work as well.

There is a discord guild recruitment server that you can join and find a DE guild, wouldn't be too hard and honestly, that's the best way to do that.

Next, I'd highly suggest you just keep up with the most current "meta". So right now your focus should be on C3P0, General Kenobi, 501st, seperatists droids, and ships that are part of that event. Given you're just starting out, I would suggest episode 9 content would be the timeline for you, JTR, First order squads as well. As far as top characters, squads, you need bossk, bounty hunters for credit heist and a variety of events. Everything else will kind of work itself out (being stuck farming phoenix now, etc. The biggest thing is once you get all of the shops open to make sure you're farming the right gear, right zetas.

Discord is probably your biggest ally with this game.

Best of luck.