Welcome to the 1st Division in GA

As a welcome gift in the 1st Division on Grand Arena you get opponents with 500.000 gp more...

This i call fairness! Thank you EA!

P.S

The most stupid thing is...even if you get the same amount of points at the end...you will loose, cause you have less gp!!! There is the logic behind this?! You should be awarded to fight against a more powerful opponent...but no... :(

No wonder people get more and more angry about this game...

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    But on the bright side your opponent is finally facing an opponent that has less GP. 1 happy and 1 sad, there is balance.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I don't know man, i've had much closer matches with the new matchmaking.
    I guess it was to be expected though, at first we had fluffed rosters complaining about having to face lean rosters eventhough their GP was similar, now we've got people complaining they're facing opponents with much higher GP
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The last team I lost to had 400000 less Char GP than me. I took 1st this GAC and all opponent matched my char GP. Last 2 battles had DR and or DR Malak, JKR, 1 had JTR.

They lost due to poor modding and horrible strategy. My rank is about 1000

Overall point: wins and losses are probably not due to just GP.
    Post edited by Mephisto_style on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Let me guess, you have a lean roster?
  • No_Try wrote: »

Nope, not at all. Started 3 years ago, quit for 1.5. Got tons of useless stuff, but when GA came out I saw a fun version of gameplay that made sense. I'd need 5 good defending teams and 5 good offense teams. My arena team is 1 of the offense. When I up stuff, it's GA or Arena or upcoming stuff like clones. Stop upping useless stuff... To the extent that that is lean.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Nope, not at all. Started 3 years ago, quit for 1.5. Got tons of useless stuff, but when GA came out I saw a fun version of gameplay that made sense. I'd need 5 good defending teams and 5 good offense teams. My arena team is 1 of the offense. When I up stuff, it's GA or Arena or upcoming stuff like clones. Stop upping useless stuff... To the extent that that is lean.

Sorry, that was a question to the op since he's the one drawing much higher than his gp in his pool.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    When I transitioned to 1st division, I didn't see much change in my win rate. No, I have no idea how much total GP my opponents have. I never check total GP, since it's irrelevant. However, the matches are quite even and more even in general than before GAC was introduced. Just hang in there. Total GP is not what matters in GA. You can probably still win some rounds. You will be fine.
  • I only count ground gp not the fleet...

I can say that i spend all my energy towards the most important characters/packs...but if my opponent have 500.000 more gp on the ground...and also the most important characters...i cannot match with him...no way...somewhere i will loose...atack or defense...

If a super top character now is about 20.000 - 25.000 gp my opponent will have 20 more of them then me!!!! This is too much...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    mark41279 wrote: »
    I only count ground gp not the fleet...

I can say that i spend all my energy towards the most important characters/packs...but if my opponent have 500.000 more gp on the ground...and also the most important characters...i cannot match with him...no way...somewhere i will loose...atack or defense...

If a super top character now is about 20.000 - 25.000 gp my opponent will have 20 more of them then me!!!! This is too much...

Your opponents has 100 20-25k gp super characters? Do you have 80 such super characters?
  • My opponent will have the secondary characters like for example the first order maxed out...and my will be tier 11-12

And this makes the differentes then it comes to how many points you will do...atack/defense

Also, if someone have 500.000 gp you can assume that he is longer in the game and have more zetas...even if they are on secondary characters...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    My opponent will have the secondary characters like for example the first order maxed out...and my will be tier 11-12

And this makes the differentes then it comes to how many points you will do...atack/defense

Also, if someone have 500.000 gp you can assume that he is longer in the game and have more zetas...even if they are on secondary characters...

And the alternative? Punish ppl who have played longer and have more stuff (most of which is useless??
  • leef wrote: »
    I don't know man, i've had much closer matches with the new matchmaking.
    I guess it was to be expected though, at first we had fluffed rosters complaining about having to face lean rosters eventhough their GP was similar, now we've got people complaining they're facing opponents with much higher GP

Since the "real" GAC started, I agree. The exhibition rounds were not - but since then, some really even groupings.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Alternative is not more than 100.000 - 200.000 gp difference 🤔
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    My opponent will have the secondary characters like for example the first order maxed out...and my will be tier 11-12

In order for you to get matched with such folk your top 80 gp has to be the same you know. So you are saying you have teams such as FO at -only- g11-12 and their FO are g13-relic?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    GP is meaningless. All three opponents in the first bracket of this GAC had 200k or more GP more than I do. I still beat all three of them.

Full disclosure, I'm in Div 2, but my point is that a large GP discrepancy does not necessarily equate to a better chance of victory.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png