Malak release style shouldn’t be used for GAS

Notadopted
20 posts Member
edited October 2019
Malak release cadence should not be used for GAS.

For starters, relics didn’t exist when Malak was released, g13 didn’t even exist.

Second, Malak has artificially inflated stats through his passive, is a tank, and has a one-shot mechanic paired with a bonus turn mechanic. It was somewhat feasible to use him at 5*.

Third, Malak was not considered as a themed unit for Geo TB, where GAS will be. Being unable to use him for geo Tb at the start is disappointing for the amount of new resources needed to unlock.

Fourth, Malak didn’t require relics to unlock. The level of investment needed for GAS is such that it doesn’t make sense to release him at 5*.

Fifth, 5* heroes can’t be used for any PVE content, and with the introduction of relics, they can’t really be used for pvp. For the investment required to unlock, its quite the slap in the face to have a 5* sitting unused in the roster for 6 months.

Finally, GAS, at 5* with 5• mods and G11 will be put in cover almost instantly. He doesn’t have enough protection to be used in GAC or arena or TW for the people who are actually capable of unlocking him.

Post edited by Notadopted on

Replies

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Congratulations, none of those are compelling arguments.

The game has changed with limited characters needed by veteran players. The response by CG is to increase the requirement to still make it a challenge to get new "epic" characters that will have strong meta impact.

Agreed. It is another Epic Confrontation therefore the rules of Malak should apply.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    It’s hardly epic though anakin vs some seps wasn’t that memorable
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Tattz wrote: »

I don't even know who Malak *is*. How's that for memorable?
  • It works for me. I only just read his kit and already hate him as much as JKR. We need more Thrawn style powerhouses, ones that are fun to play but beatable rather than just “buy the toon and put it on auto”.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    The real problem is that Geonosian TB wasnt out when they released Malak. Now, you have to choose between the new content (which gives less Guild Event Currency to farm General Skywalker) and the old content.

All they really need to do is to open Marquee packs for General Anakin after you unlock. The high end whales can buy him, everyone else can farm him at their leisure, and everyone is happy.

As it stands, the people who hoarded Guild Event Currency are going to have a game-breaking (completely free) advantage for 6 months while everyone else gets tired of the imbalance and quits.
  • Notadopted wrote: »
    Third, Malak was not considered as a themed unit for Geo TB, where GAS will be. Being unable to use him for geo Tb at the start is disappointing for the amount of new resources needed to unlock.

Malak is very important for DGeo because you need to assing him in platoons.
    And believe me, when GS will be needed in the same way and you will need, for examle, 12 of them, and your guild will have, lets say, 11, you wont be able to use your new shiny GS even in r7. You will be donating your shiny new r7 GS for guild needs every time until the next his event and I suspect you wont be happy)
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Tattz wrote: »

I don't even know who Malak *is*. How's that for memorable?

Totally agree dude I played and finished both of the kotor games 20 years ago and never gave malak a second thought now a large percentage of people who haven’t a clue who he is farmed a bunch of toons and spent actual real money to unlock him because CG said so 🤷‍♂️
  • If you’re happy with the requirements unlocking a 5*, you’re definitely in the minority. Malak’s release was also pretty bad. I don’t think they should have released him that way. They shouldn’t double down on the mistake.

You saying the argument isn’t compelling is just your opinion. I think a lot of people would agree that setting a precedent of: 1) high requirement/investment to unlock with 2) a 6 month period where you can’t even use what you paid for, is not a good precedent to set.

By your logic, the next way to “make a release hard” will be putting a year delay on the hero. Btw, none of the requirements here are “hard”, it’s just a pay wall. As is most of this game. So take that for what it’s worth.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Congratulations, none of those are compelling arguments.

The game has changed with limited characters needed by veteran players. The response by CG is to increase the requirement to still make it a challenge to get new "epic" characters that will have strong meta impact.

...in 3 or 4 months. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I wonder if the biggest mistake here isn’t the fact that the Malak system was copied exactly, but the game state has changed. The 5* release hard caps at G11, which was one thing when the max was G12+3, and quite another when the max is Relic7.
  • I wonder if the biggest mistake here isn’t the fact that the Malak system was copied exactly, but the game state has changed. The 5* release hard caps at G11, which was one thing when the max was G12+3, and quite another when the max is Relic7.

I guess that's what they get for "COPY-PASTE"ing the Malak event format. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

I think that's solid thinking man. For sure.
  • What's so epic about this confrontation?

You literally fight Asajj ventress.

Like WHAT? ok so epic smh
  • What's so epic about this confrontation?

You literally fight Asajj ventress.

Like WHAT? ok so epic smh

I agree. She did have a sensitive side. Remember that episode where she's down and out drinking at a bar?

She just like everyone else sometimes.Nothing Epic about her. Just a small town nightsister girl, living in a lonely word. She took the midnight train to any wheeeerr heer heer...
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    the difference is simple... a f2p could have all the requireents, but shaak ti, easy, and her with a little of farm, about 225 crystal a day...