An easy fix to the GET1 disaster

Prev13
Just let us buy shards with GET1 and 2. Then people can at least chose and no one needs to move to Hoth...

Replies

• J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    ah, just read about general skywalker ..... :s
  • This decision is completely crazy. What are they thinking? There are now 4 toons to be farmed with that currency (Hoda, Wampa, Malak, GS). Farming all four of them will take new players 2 years or so, no matter how much money they put in.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    HansSnah wrote: »
    This decision is completely crazy. What are they thinking? There are now 4 toons to be farmed with that currency (Hoda, Wampa, Malak, GS). Farming all four of them will take new players 2 years or so, no matter how much money they put in.

They’ve stopped thinking a while back.

Think of all those whales spending $20k a month now losing in arena because a ftp hoarded 80k GET1!

Revenue short term up, long term down. But hey, bonus is short term based only so too bad for the health of the game.

They maybe would understand that if they played, but they dont so...
  • Azza wrote: »
    This decision is completely crazy. What are they thinking? There are now 4 toons to be farmed with that currency (Hoda, Wampa, Malak, GS). Farming all four of them will take new players 2 years or so, no matter how much money they put in.

Think of all those whales spending $20k a month now losing in arena because a ftp hoarded 80k GET1!

Revenue short term up, long term down. But hey, bonus is short term based only so too bad for the health of the game.

I do not think a lot of people have GET1 saved up, because it was pretty clear after Malak that this currency was already overloaded...

• The GET1 decision makes no sense. This isn’t going to make them more money either, just upset guilds and players.
    Solution, have GeoTbs get the same amount of GET1 as hoth. Otherwise this just is dumb to potentially break up guilds over the choice to use old content
  • It was stated pretty clear that no new toons will be added to that store after Malak, or I just dreamed that!!!
  • I thought so too, we need to find that post
  • GET2 makes GS even harder to get ...
  • HansSnah wrote: »
    Azza wrote: »

I do not think a lot of people have GET1 saved up, because it was pretty clear after Malak that this currency was already overloaded...

You know there are people who have him saved up because CG did it once already. You can argue we should have been prepared, but honestly it’s just a terrible way to play the game for most of us. Not many people want to not spend any currency because we don’t know when we will need it. A lot of people would rather have fun and spend resources and then if they have to spend money later because they already used it up then so be it. But you can’t even do that here.
  • The emphasis on GET1 is probably because the currency is the least saved (at this time), and because CG can starve us of it to limit G12 pieces.

I had this discussion and realized that’s GET1 was chosen because it is a direct bottleneck to G13 without overtly slowing other farms. Which in turns emphasizes spending to refresh or outright purchase G12 pieces.

The irony is that there is next to no emphasis on G12 pieces by current whales because we haven’t gotten any new characters. So they’re artificially gating for something most of their heavy spenders already have.
  • HansSnah wrote: »

But this isn't a character intended for "new players" it is intended for players with all the required toons and ships which would likely take a year or two to get anyway.
    A 'new' player would be doing a load of Hoth TB and getting Hoda & Wampa, then eventually would switch to Geo TB by which time they likely only have to buy Malak and Ganakin, or choose to stick with Hoth TB longer.
    An existing 'Geo TB' player who is ready to activate Ganakin this time around likely already has Hoda, Wampa, fully farmed and has Malak either mostly or fully farmed too, so only needs to use their GET Mk.1 for Ganakin, so what's the issue?!
    You use your GET Mk.1 on Ganakin, and your GET Mk.2 on Negotiator and have 2 meta buys to keep you up the top of both arenas.
    If they'd added him as a GET Mk.2 buy people would probably have moaned that "Ugh, we have to choose between Negotiator or Ganakin, that's so stupid..."
  • I'm not even sure I am playing a game any longer, I feel like it is a chore I have to do if I want to actually play. I will be able to get General Skywalker, but I don't even know why I would bother unlocking him. I have 5 Zetas sitting there, I didn't spend my GET II on Negotiator for fear that it would be like Malak and now this. I hate hoarding, it is not fun I agree with you @Bulldog1205 what is the point. Resource management is one thing, but having to literally use nothing for months on end is just plain unenjoyable. There will be that guy in my Arena who has it at 7* and sits at 1st place, laughing at the rest of us scrubs some who spend some who don't and every one of us will be stuck behind him based on a choice we didn't know we had. The difference between managing resources and making sacrifices is that you actually have to be able to make an informed decision about what you are going to spend on, and with the lack of communication around requirements until 5 days before the event does not qualify. @CG_SBCrumb You don't call the shots you just are the messenger so take this message and the other 20 odd posts back and please tell the rest of the development team this new 5 star normal is terrible. I mean I should be happy, I guess I don't have to panic for anything and I have absolutely zero reasons to even get the new relic packs, can't apply them.. so it's a flat out waste can't even elevate GAS to that status for a long, long time.
  • gflegui wrote: »
    It was stated pretty clear that no new toons will be added to that store after Malak, or I just dreamed that!!!

You dreamed it. They said GW store, Fleet store and Arena store would have no new characters ever added. They did not state anything regarding GA store, Guild shop or GET stores.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • The GET1 decision makes no sense. This isn’t going to make them more money either, just upset guilds and players.

It makes tons of sense. They don't want everyone to 7* him right away, and it follows precedent. Just let this be a lesson to you: After you get GAS to 7*, hoard back up to 70k GET1 and don't let it fall below that so next time you can 7* him immediately like I can.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    The GET1 decision makes no sense. This isn’t going to make them more money either, just upset guilds and players.

It makes tons of sense. They don't want everyone to 7* him right away, and it follows precedent. Just let this be a lesson to you: After you get GAS to 7*, hoard back up to 70k GET1 and don't let it fall below that so next time you can 7* him immediately like I can.

Cool story bro. Do you have pictures of yourself posted all over your house and office? Or just mirrors everywhere so can constantly remind yourself how awesome you are?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    The GET1 decision makes no sense. This isn’t going to make them more money either, just upset guilds and players.

Cool story bro. Do you have pictures of yourself posted all over your house and office? Or just mirrors everywhere so can constantly remind yourself how awesome you are?

say that without crying
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Bad design decisions arent easy to fix. Devs in this game arent the brightest lights on earth for sure. People are usually happy about new stuff, apparently not in this game. Because well...not well done.

Raids - old
    GAC - unbalanced, pts system is bad, mm is wonky and there is still the cheating factor and the reward for 1 month is 2 Droid callers...wuwu
    Arena/Fleet - needed every day, but boring...they replaced now mirror with one shot aoe groups how exciting
    Legendary event - Clone Clash...more like a rip off for a 5 star Ani in the end or well you belong to the mega kraken having 100k+ get in their pockets than carnage for half year while others even investing in him need to wait this time to gear him to any useful level. Hilarious.

This whole game gets [Removed - CM] with every new stuff they introduce. Its not about the game or gamer, its about the cash decision in all aspects and the whole sense, fun and time off from reality is gone. Honesty about GET token? Nope. Honesty about no epic event this year? Nope. Its just about the cash, but in the end no content is coming...just a milk event and char with 4 zetas and 4 kyros...omg so exciting
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • StarSon wrote: »

You are clearly not getting the big picture. GET1 is now required for Hoda, Wampa, Malak, and GAS. These four toons alone can only be completed through GET1 tokens. This means that something like 35000k GET1 (correct me if I'm wrong) are needed to farm just these 4 toons. How much do we get per month now with Geonosis on the board? Perhaps 15k (likely less). That's a straight 2 year farming operation just for those characters...! How can anyone think this is a great idea is beyond me?!?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

say that without crying

You mean laughing? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You are clearly not getting the big picture. GET1 is now required for Hoda, Wampa, Malak, and GAS. These four toons alone can only be completed through GET1 tokens. This means that something like 35000k GET1 (correct me if I'm wrong) are needed to farm just these 4 toons. How much do we get per month now with Geonosis on the board? Perhaps 15k (likely less). That's a straight 2 year farming operation just for those characters...! How can anyone think this is a great idea is beyond me?!?

It is unlikely that someone will not work on either (or both) wampa or hoda before getting to Geo TB, Hoth offers a lot more GET1 than Geo does. This doesnt change much, but it does mean that 2 years is the outside estimate and someone could choose to make it go faster...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It is unlikely that someone will not work on either (or both) wampa or hoda before getting to Geo TB

I was in a smallish guild (my fault, I didn't want to leave my "family") for those two years and never received a huge amount of GET1 currency. What I little did receive, I choose to spend it on gearing up some of my toons to G12.5. (Again, my fault, my choice)

You said it was highly unlikely and you just found somebody. lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    It is unlikely that someone will not work on either (or both) wampa or hoda before getting to Geo TB

I was in a smallish guild (my fault, I didn't want to leave my "family") for those two years and never received a huge amount of GET1 currency. What I little did receive, I choose to spend it on gearing up some of my toons to G12.5. (Again, my fault, my choice)

Correct, 1, out of how many? That's where the highly unlikely part comes into play, not that its outside of possiblity just not likely.

Kyno wrote: »

Correct, 1, out of how many? That's where the highly unlikely part comes into play, not that its outside of possiblity just not likely.

882? ;)

• None of the toons available for GET MK1 or MK2 are related to each other, meaning you don't need any of them to unlock the others. New players can make choices on who to go for first. Long time players may already have the previous three and need to save for GS. Yes, starting this game now would be daunting. But starting any mobile game years after launch is going to be the same. You'll be way behind without any way to really catch up, because sprinting to the end game isn't the point.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

No, I get the big picture. I have Wampa and Hoda as well. It's a natural progression. Any new player will have them long before they can even hope to activate GAS. As for any veteran player, this was an obvious move, and you have only yourself to blame if you don't have the GET1.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    You think this is an accident? If they stop adding high cost stuff to the GET1 store, you'll get to use it for easy stun guns. They don't want that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They will probably eventually reduce the cost of Wampa and Hoda for newer players. You get some free shards for hoth tbs as well. I only buy stun guns out of there personally so I am ready to go .... assuming we can trade strategy and persistence for relic 3 smash and grab to beat the event.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    You think this is an accident? If they stop adding high cost stuff to the GET1 store, you'll get to use it for easy stun guns. They don't want that.

STUN GUNS!
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »
    It was stated pretty clear that no new toons will be added to that store after Malak, or I just dreamed that!!!

You dreamed it. They said GW store, Fleet store and Arena store would have no new characters ever added. They did not state anything regarding GA store, Guild shop or GET stores.

too many people remember this post to have it be a coincidence

It is unlikely that someone will not work on either (or both) wampa or hoda before getting to Geo TB, Hoth offers a lot more GET1 than Geo does. This doesnt change much, but it does mean that 2 years is the outside estimate and someone could choose to make it go faster...

@Kyno May I ask are you in a guild?

If so, what is your guild GP and how many stars in Dark Side Geo?

Because, there is a perspective, I don't think can be afforded to you if you are not in a small guild. And it's not a bad thing. But - In this case, your response doesn't pass muster in my opinion.

My opinion is - and I will take the fault and blame if I am wrong, you aren't in a small guild. And if you are getting 20 stars or more, then you aren't experiencing the life of a small guild.

And can you understand what it's like to grind at 3k get per week. 6k per month? That's what we face. We are 160 mil. With the majority of free to play.

I'd say we're pretty average. Maybe a little low.

This move hurts.