General Skywalker, Jyn, C3P0, and Thrawn

Caiaphas
187 posts Member
edited October 2019
So a squad of Gen Ani, Jyn, Thrawn, C3P0, and one more (lets say Biggs or Ezra just for fun, but it isn't necessary - it could just as easily be Rex for a 501st and the bonus TM gains)
General Ani modded for crit chance.

G.Ani AoE. Enemy cooldowns +1. Second attack a basic. 1 stack translation
Jyn give G.Ani 100% TM. G.Ani Sunders, followed up by AoE. Enemy Cooldowns +2. 3 stacks translation.
C3P0 does a basic. Reduces G.Ani cooldown by 1
Biggs calls C3P0 to assist. G.Ani cooldowns reduced by 1 (this isn't necessary because you already have enemy CDs at +2. You can wait before the next AoE)
Thrawn swaps TM with G.Ani. G.Ani either Basics then AoE, or AoE then Sunder ...whatever. +3 cooldowns on enemies

Keeping in mind that Jyn, Biggs/Ezra/Rex/Whoever, and C3P0 are also building Translation stacks, and that G.Ani reduces his cooldowns by 1 is he uses a basic first.

So the enemy team can never do anything. Ever. Only basics. It doesn't even matter who the enemy team is - they can never do anything but a basic.

Ummmm....

Replies

• Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    oops - please move me to Character Strategy - placed it in the wrong forum!
    (OK it's been moved)
    Post edited by Caiaphas on
  • Interesting strategy, but I don’t think unbeatable. It really depends on his speed. If DR + Thrawn goes first, mass fear + fracture on anakin would absolutely wreck that setup. Also GG nuke squad would plow through that pretty easily since he gets the whole bonus turn/cool down reset.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I am not sure that CG have fully thought out the interaction between G.Ani being able to do 2 specials on the same turn and C3P0's translation, in addition to Rex unique.

Rex unique gives all 501st -1 cooldown reduction (edit: as pointed out below, this only applies to 501st clone troopers). C3P0's basic will do the same on G.Ani, since he will automatically have +3 translation. G. Ani himself gives himself -1 cooldowns on his basics if he uses that first. Fives calling C3P0 to assist might be enough to keep JKA doing only his two specials every turn.

It doesn't stop GG from taking his bonus turn, and nuking the squad. What does that is that 501st are immune to damage to their health while Gen. Ani has protection, and General Ani will go into cover after the nuke instead of dieing. So the nuke kills nobody. Also, Gen Ani will 'remove' fear, fracture, isolate, or whatever else when he goes into cover.

But at least forcing him into cover means he can't continually spam his 2 specials (he also 'removes' translation from himself, the **** lol)
    Post edited by Caiaphas on
  • Caiaphas wrote: »
    Rex unique gives all 501st -1 cooldown reduction. C3P0's basic will do the same on G.Ani, since he will automatically have +3 translation. G. Ani himself gives himself -1 cooldowns on his basics if he uses that first. Fives calling C3P0 to assist might be enough to keep JKA doing only his two specials every turn.
    Rex reduces cooldowns only for 501st clone trooper allies. That's where your loop falls apart.
  • Good point. Well nevermind that. The first loop still works (and other iterations of it, I suspect)
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I strongly suspect it will be far better to just run him with a 501st squad.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I strongly suspect it will be far better to just run him with a 501st squad.

I lightly suspect the same, but theory crafters tend to come up with very interesting things - eventually.