Sound issues since last night's update?

Anyone else experiencing issues with missing sound on various things since the latest update?
Here's an example of one of my Territory Battle encounters with sound issues for reference:
https://youtu.be/N6bFdQ_WVk8

Replies

• I had at least one TB fight last night where I had the sound on and it just cut out mid battle, there may have been more but I normally play with the sound off so I can't verify more than the one.
  • porkfist
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Yep, major sound issues (in this game only) since last night's patch on my Pixel 3 XL running stock Android 10.

Been running thru some Galactic War battles to feed my bounty hunters some payouts and about halfway thru a fight the battle noises (gun, laser, etc.) start stuttering and sounding almost like static. Music still sounds OK but maybe somewhat muted. Character sounds (death cries, R2 beeping, etc.) still come thru OK even as the other battle sounds are stuttering and failing. It will continue like that for a while until the sounds just die altogether -- lasers, music, whatever. Total silence in this app until you kill and restart it.

All other apps (music player, Netflix, etc.) still play audio fine. The only app with a problem is SWGoH and that was only after last night's update.

EDIT: Just uninstalled & reinstalled the game to see if that would help and, if anything, the problem is even worse than before.
  • Yes, at one point during my Asajj/Dooku mission in Geo TB it sounded like my daughter was doing the sound effects for the droid saying "pyoo...pyoo pyoo" behind me.
  • Yeah it went in and out. Sometimes I could only hear the screams! lol
  • That would be disturbing lol
  • this game has sound?
  • Nihilmus
    45 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Can confirm this happened to me in TB fights as well after the patch.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Yeah it went in and out. Sometimes I could only hear the screams! lol

:thinking:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah it went in and out. Sometimes I could only hear the screams! lol

:thinking:

okay haha my mind never went there until I read this... LOL wow man. Just wow! lol

But you have a point LOLOL omg what did I do.
  • I managed to lose all sound completely just now and had to reopen the app to get it back
    @cg_sbcrumb hopefully Devs can look into this
    ...and potentially also into the screams at @taquillasun house :D
  • Well, I suppose that's better than having the entire game freeze up, like I had happen 2 turns into a combat with my R7 grev. I'll take crappy sound I mute anyways any day.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing issues with missing sound on various things since the latest update?
    Here's an example of one of my Territory Battle encounters with sound issues for reference:
    https://youtu.be/N6bFdQ_WVk8

Same issue @EA_MindTricks
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Wait this game has sounds? Always play silently... like a ninja
  • Same issue here. Almost thought my phone speakers died on me...
  • Yep same issues,
  • Hi all, thanks for the report and replies on this. We have flagged this as a bug now.
  • Yep, sound problems and casually in my guild yesterday we did haat and in phase 2 when i toppled the tank it lagged between 3 to 5 seconds till i could start hitting it toppled....
  • I get a few sounds here and there. Mostly it is quiet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please report and discuss all bugs and issues at Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>