Kit Reveal: ARC Trooper

Prev13
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We have a second kit to reveal today, the ARC Trooper! ARC Trooper is coming to the game in a future update but will appear in the Clash on Kamino event. This powerful Clone Attacker can command a Blaster Turret on the battlefield and will enable you to field all 501st Clone Troopers with General Skywalker! Stay tuned to the forums for which Update ARC Trooper will join the Holotables.

UNIT NAME: ARC Trooper
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, 501st, Clone Trooper, Galactic Republic
Powerful Clone Attacker that can command a Blaster Turret on the battlefield.

ABILITIES:

Basic: Crossfire

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If they had no buffs before this attack, deal 30% more damage.

Special 1:Assign Command(Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Give Command to target other Clone ally until they are defeated or until Command is granted to a different ally.

Command: The Blaster Turret assists whenever this character uses an ability during their turn

Unique 1: ARC Arsenal

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) ARC Trooper has +35% counter chance. ARC Trooper always has Command and summons a Blaster Turret to the ally slot at the start of the encounter and when he is revived. The Blaster Turret will assist when ARC Trooper attacks out of turn.

Unique 2: Blaster Turret
[Basic] Shattering Blast: Deal True damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them, which can't be evaded.

[Unique 1] Summoned Object: This object's stats scale with the summoner's stats. This object can only be summoned to the ally slot if it's available. This object can't be summoned in raids. This object can't be revived. If an effect counts defeated units, this object doesn't count. When there are no other allied combatants, this object escapes from battle. A unit can't be revived if this summoned object exists in their slot.

[Unique 2] Object Properties: This object can't be targeted, is immune to damage and effects, and does not take a turn. When there are no allies with Command, the Blaster Turret is destroyed.

Replies

• Kind of cool I guess, pic please!
  • So he is like the Clone counterpart to Geonosian Brood Alpha. Interesting.
  • FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) ARC Trooper has +35% counter chance. ARC Trooper always has Command and summons a Blaster Turret to the ally slot at the start of the encounter and when he is revived. The Blaster Turret will assist when ARC Trooper attacks out of turn.

I'm confused by the bold part. General Skywalker prevents revives, and who is going to be reviving him? Is this the part added by the Zeta?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    This is a simple and efficient kit. I like it.
  • Skiddlydiddly
    129 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Still no crit chance buff (for echo) from the new toons. Must be another one in the pipeline; who likely revives (medic?)
  • Still no crit chance buff (for echo) from the new toons. Must be another one in the pipeline; who likely revives (medic?)

Probably not with the release of General Skywalker, cause his lead prevents all revives
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think a 501st CT that revives might be in the works
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    He will fit in with either Shaak Ti or General Skywalker. My guess is Kix/Clone Medic is next.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I like this kit.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Yes yes yes! Please release more characters like this, this is the innovative content we need.
  • I hope that he is the GeoLSTB equivalent of GBA, and that they release him straight to cantina
  • makoamagana
    121 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Somebody let CG know to make sure to test ARC with GBA. I don’t want to hear any excuses that they didn’t test the interaction between 2 toons trying to summon to the ally slot. I’m just a dumb pleb with lower than average intelligence and I thought of this so they should def have thought of it.
  • Interesting and much more innovating than the godmode general skywalker
  • Somebody let CG know to make sure to test ARC with GBA. I don’t want to hear any excuses that they didn’t test the interaction between 2 toons trying to summon to the ally slot. I’m just a dumb pleb with lower than average intelligence and I thought of this so they should def have thought of it.

Do you mean if they both have the zeta? Assuming thats what the zeta part is of arc troopers ability and so are trying to summon at the same time?
  • Somebody let CG know to make sure to test ARC with GBA. I don’t want to hear any excuses that they didn’t test the interaction between 2 toons trying to summon to the ally slot. I’m just a dumb pleb with lower than average intelligence and I thought of this so they should def have thought of it.

Do you mean if they both have the zeta? Assuming thats what the zeta part is of arc troopers ability and so are trying to summon at the same time?

That’s exactly what I mean. If they are the same speed and both have the zeta what happens?

• two_step wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) ARC Trooper has +35% counter chance. ARC Trooper always has Command and summons a Blaster Turret to the ally slot at the start of the encounter and when he is revived. The Blaster Turret will assist when ARC Trooper attacks out of turn.

I'm confused by the bold part. General Skywalker prevents revives, and who is going to be reviving him? Is this the part added by the Zeta?

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

He can't be revived under General Skywalker lead. He can be under other leads. That's when the unique applies.

Under another lead he could be revived by Fives.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think a 501st CT that revives might be in the works

Maybe hmmm. Kix and for the Crit chance I have a feeling that will be Jesse (likely attacker) and hardcase most definitely and attacker.
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA

That’s exactly what I mean. If they are the same speed and both have the zeta what happens?

One will summon their “ally”, then the other will go, see that the ally slot is occupied, and do nothing. Which one will go first is the only question (other than what are you doing putting GBA and arc trooper on the same team), and will likely be determined by a coin flip.

I dont think you need the zeta to get the summon for the arc trooper and the beginning of the round, cause GBA's summon is a playable toons, but this is just a cannon that assists. Also GBA has an ability that summons the brute but the ARC ability is just to change Command
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    two_step wrote: »

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

He can't be revived under General Skywalker lead. He can be under other leads. That's when the unique applies.

Under another lead he could be revived by Fives.

Fives's ability works like Jedi Knight Revan's Savior ability. The "saved" character doesn't die.
  • He looks good in the GAS event, pretty pumped to see this kit in action!
  • BX Commando Droid must out too. In BF2 they are in same class and same launch date. Bring the balance to Separatist!
  • Banmeong wrote: »
    BX Commando Droid must out too. In BF2 they are in same class and same launch date. Bring the balance to Separatist!

Seps have enough balance, bring on the clones!
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Why buy it? Only 2k of players have unlocked gas yet. And most of us have no get1 as we have been milked dry by the hunt for g13.
    So why such a toon? Even if he is nice and shiny ... i do not need him as GAS is in the virtual bookshelf waiting until i accumulate 69k of get1 which take approx 5 month.
    Until than i simply have no use for both.
    Just maybe 5% of 2k will have use for him. Wow. What a waste of resources from cg. My boss would gibe me a new opportunity... cleaning dishes or waste paper basket manager.

You're absolutely right. There are just over 100 7* GAS in the wild. Nobody else will care about Arc Trooper, why buy another 501st character when the leader of your squad is useless at 5*?
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Why buy it? Only 2k of players have unlocked gas yet. And most of us have no get1 as we have been milked dry by the hunt for g13.
    So why such a toon? Even if he is nice and shiny ... i do not need him as GAS is in the virtual bookshelf waiting until i accumulate 69k of get1 which take approx 5 month.
    Just maybe 5% of 2k will have use for him. Wow. What a waste of resources from cg. My boss would gibe me a new opportunity... cleaning dishes or waste paper basket manager.

You're absolutely right. There are just over 100 7* GAS in the wild. Nobody else will care about Arc Trooper, why buy another 501st character when the leader of your squad is useless at 5*?

I'm not going to buy, but I will gear Arc quickly if possible. I love Clone Troopers, whether theyre good or not.
  • I’ll do what I usually do: play the game, buy the pack, farm the rest. It really doesn’t involve a lot of financial or emotional investment.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »

"Useless."

Ha.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Palanthian wrote: »

Why not if you have extra to spare?
    Arc trooper probably ended in single node again, which takes forever to farm.