An easy fix to the GET1 disaster

Replies

• Kurrgan wrote: »
    They will probably eventually reduce the cost of Wampa and Hoda for newer players. You get some free shards for hoth tbs as well. I only buy stun guns out of there personally so I am ready to go .... assuming we can trade strategy and persistence for relic 3 smash and grab to beat the event.

That would be nice for sure. Maybe limit GET1 toons to 3 (so keep GAS, Malak, and Wampa).

Once your not in the rotation you could get moved into the Guild Store rotation? At the rate that GET1 tokens are available it doesn’t seem like new players or folks who choose to farm gear could ever get all those toons if we start getting 2-3 ECs a year.

A boy can dream!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    HansSnah wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    The GET1 decision makes no sense. This isn’t going to make them more money either, just upset guilds and players.

It makes tons of sense. They don't want everyone to 7* him right away, and it follows precedent. Just let this be a lesson to you: After you get GAS to 7*, hoard back up to 70k GET1 and don't let it fall below that so next time you can 7* him immediately like I can.

You are clearly not getting the big picture. GET1 is now required for Hoda, Wampa, Malak, and GAS. These four toons alone can only be completed through GET1 tokens. This means that something like 35000k GET1 (correct me if I'm wrong) are needed to farm just these 4 toons. How much do we get per month now with Geonosis on the board? Perhaps 15k (likely less). That's a straight 2 year farming operation just for those characters...! How can anyone think this is a great idea is beyond me?!?

It is unlikely that someone will not work on either (or both) wampa or hoda before getting to Geo TB, Hoth offers a lot more GET1 than Geo does. This doesnt change much, but it does mean that 2 years is the outside estimate and someone could choose to make it go faster...

Kyno May I ask are you in a guild?

If so, what is your guild GP and how many stars in Dark Side Geo?

Because, there is a perspective, I don't think can be afforded to you if you are not in a small guild. And it's not a bad thing. But - In this case, your response doesn't pass muster in my opinion.

My opinion is - and I will take the fault and blame if I am wrong, you aren't in a small guild. And if you are getting 20 stars or more, then you aren't experiencing the life of a small guild.

And can you understand what it's like to grind at 3k get per week. 6k per month? That's what we face. We are 160 mil. With the majority of free to play.

I'd say we're pretty average. Maybe a little low.

This move hurts.

Can you define what you mean by small guild?

There are many guilds in many places in development, just like players. I never said it didnt hurt. Are you saying that in your guild no one has Yoda or wampa farmed or in the process of farming?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The GET1 decision makes no sense. This isn’t going to make them more money either, just upset guilds and players.

It makes tons of sense. They don't want everyone to 7* him right away, and it follows precedent. Just let this be a lesson to you: After you get GAS to 7*, hoard back up to 70k GET1 and don't let it fall below that so next time you can 7* him immediately like I can.

You are clearly not getting the big picture. GET1 is now required for Hoda, Wampa, Malak, and GAS. These four toons alone can only be completed through GET1 tokens. This means that something like 35000k GET1 (correct me if I'm wrong) are needed to farm just these 4 toons. How much do we get per month now with Geonosis on the board? Perhaps 15k (likely less). That's a straight 2 year farming operation just for those characters...! How can anyone think this is a great idea is beyond me?!?

It is unlikely that someone will not work on either (or both) wampa or hoda before getting to Geo TB, Hoth offers a lot more GET1 than Geo does. This doesnt change much, but it does mean that 2 years is the outside estimate and someone could choose to make it go faster...

Because, there is a perspective, I don't think can be afforded to you if you are not in a small guild. And it's not a bad thing. But - In this case, your response doesn't pass muster in my opinion.

My opinion is - and I will take the fault and blame if I am wrong, you aren't in a small guild. And if you are getting 20 stars or more, then you aren't experiencing the life of a small guild.

And can you understand what it's like to grind at 3k get per week. 6k per month? That's what we face. We are 160 mil. With the majority of free to play.

This move hurts.

There are many guilds in many places in development, just like players. I never said it didnt hurt. Are you saying that in your guild no one has Yoda or wampa farmed or in the process of farming?

So, again, may i ask, are you in a guild? And what is your guild GP and how many stars do you get in Dark side Geo?

Small guild is this: https://swgoh.gg/g/47229/silver-order/

2 members are gone indefinitely on active duty. So subtract about 5 mil GP. We have 43 Active.

I'd say we count as a small guild. And GP isn't the defining factor. I want to know HOW STRONG is your guild .. how many stars are you getting?

So now that I have given you my definition of a small guild or maybe I should call it a "not powerful guild" no doubt you want that info before you answer so you can say for certain I'm in the same or small etc... GP matters less if the rosters are built out in specific ways and you know this... so my question -- how many stars does your guild get in Dark Side Geo. because if you are clocking 20 or more, you don't get to say you're in a non powerful guild. let's go with this.. not small..we'll say powerful. Fair?
  • More over, what difference does it make if I have farmed Hoda? I did. And it took a LONG time. Wompa, stopped as soon as they put Malak in Get1. Had to make choices. 3k a pop buddy - make those choices!

If you're trying to state that people should have farmed all these toons and therefore spending GET on a new one isn't a big deal. I don't agree with that. At all. Look at me, I'm proof in the pudding.. https://swgoh.gg/p/671797632/ look at my wompa.. look at my malak. And I have been thrifty ha hell on my get1. man...it's okay..
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Edit: nevermind.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    capifico22 wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »
    It was stated pretty clear that no new toons will be added to that store after Malak, or I just dreamed that!!!

You dreamed it. They said GW store, Fleet store and Arena store would have no new characters ever added. They did not state anything regarding GA store, Guild shop or GET stores.

too many people remember this post to have it be a coincidence

Found it. It's in the 8/1 Q&A:

Q: Will characters be added to the GAC store or as GAC rewards?

A: Cyanides - We don't have plans to add characters to the Championship Store. One thing we have noticed is that whenever we have gear and a character in the same Store, a majority of players will go for the character. This means that gear farming drastically slows down. We do this in the Guild Events Store (which was a strong internal debate), so I wouldn't want to also do this in the Championship Store.

That says the opposite of what people are claiming.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    It was stated pretty clear that no new toons will be added to that store after Malak, or I just dreamed that!!!

You dreamed it. They said GW store, Fleet store and Arena store would have no new characters ever added. They did not state anything regarding GA store, Guild shop or GET stores.

A: Cyanides - We don't have plans to add characters to the Championship Store. One thing we have noticed is that whenever we have gear and a character in the same Store, a majority of players will go for the character. This means that gear farming drastically slows down. We do this in the Guild Events Store (which was a strong internal debate), so I wouldn't want to also do this in the Championship Store.

It actually very explicitly says they will continue to put characters into the GET store.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This move hurts.

So, again, may i ask, are you in a guild? And what is your guild GP and how many stars do you get in Dark side Geo?

Small guild is this: https://swgoh.gg/g/47229/silver-order/

2 members are gone indefinitely on active duty. So subtract about 5 mil GP. We have 43 Active.

I'd say we count as a small guild. And GP isn't the defining factor. I want to know HOW STRONG is your guild .. how many stars are you getting?

So now that I have given you my definition of a small guild or maybe I should call it a "not powerful guild" no doubt you want that info before you answer so you can say for certain I'm in the same or small etc... GP matters less if the rosters are built out in specific ways and you know this... so my question -- how many stars does your guild get in Dark Side Geo. because if you are clocking 20 or more, you don't get to say you're in a non powerful guild. let's go with this.. not small..we'll say powerful. Fair?

Yes sorry for not answering.

Yes I'm in a guild, over 2m and getting 30*.

I will ask again, can you define a small guild, not give me your guild, im talking about being full, or GP, or other factors that you say would be the threshold for a small guild.

And I will ask again, how many members do you have who have or are working on Yoda and or wampa?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    GET 1 over GET 2 made me happy. Was worried I might have to choose between the Negotiator and GAS. But then again I may not be able to unlock at which point the argument would be 0x2=0
  • I changed the definition to be a powerful or not powerful guild. And I understand different guilds have different objectives. Look at guild recruitment forums. You are in a powerful guild. I'm guessing for a long time. Am I right? I remember when dark side geo came out. They listed their expectations of g uilds and go. Were under where they thought the middle would be. You haven't been on a small amount of get1 for a long time..30 stars..good Lord. We are lucky to get 12...
  • I'm not trying to say that you don't get it and are blasphemous... It's, I'm wondering if you can see things from a perspective of players like myself, guilds like myself. And as far as how many are farming what? Ask them. I'm pretty much the only person who spends in my guild. Take a look. I have 12 G13.. the closest is 4?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm not trying to say that you don't get it and are blasphemous... It's, I'm wondering if you can see things from a perspective of players like myself, guilds like myself. And as far as how many are farming what? Ask them. I'm pretty much the only person who spends in my guild. Take a look. I have 12 G13.. the closest is 4?

Only 20 of your guild are listed, so I cant know by looking.

The statement that started this was that it is a 2 year farm based on the numbers from 0 and doing geo TB. I merely pointed out that it would be rare for a guild to be at the state where they are doing Geo tb and players dont have kne if not both of hoda or wampa started or done.

You are trying to state that you are a small guild, but will not define that so I have no bearing to see how that counters my statement. If you are going to talk about a none full guild as a small guild, then the lack of GET is in your hands, you could be earning more. Have you run the numbers on doing 1 geo and 1 both TB a month, and see how much it could benefit your guild to have the extra GET 1 income.

There are many factors that play into this scenario, and I still stand by the statement that it would be less than likely for a guild to be doing 2 geo TB a month and still have 0 wampa and 0 hoda. I will add that some of those scenarios where that may be the case there are likely to be other factors, such as a not full guild, a more casual stance on the game and commitment to the guild in general. At no point did I say this move doesnt hurt, and I dont think that hurt is limited in any way to anyone, regardless of the size of the guild. That store is a great resource for gear which is always in high demand.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I didn't read a single word of this thread but I'm guessing "disaster" is the usual forum hyperbole.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

That's why I edited it to say never mind. In my head I thought we were talking about the GAC store for some reason.

Not my fault you caught it during the, like, 30 seconds it was up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno wrote: »
    I'm not trying to say that you don't get it and are blasphemous... It's, I'm wondering if you can see things from a perspective of players like myself, guilds like myself. And as far as how many are farming what? Ask them. I'm pretty much the only person who spends in my guild. Take a look. I have 12 G13.. the closest is 4?

Only 20 of your guild are listed, so I cant know by looking.

The statement that started this was that it is a 2 year farm based on the numbers from 0 and doing geo TB. I merely pointed out that it would be rare for a guild to be at the state where they are doing Geo tb and players dont have kne if not both of hoda or wampa started or done.

You are trying to state that you are a small guild, but will not define that so I have no bearing to see how that counters my statement. If you are going to talk about a none full guild as a small guild, then the lack of GET is in your hands, you could be earning more. Have you run the numbers on doing 1 geo and 1 both TB a month, and see how much it could benefit your guild to have the extra GET 1 income.

There are many factors that play into this scenario, and I still stand by the statement that it would be less than likely for a guild to be doing 2 geo TB a month and still have 0 wampa and 0 hoda. I will add that some of those scenarios where that may be the case there are likely to be other factors, such as a not full guild, a more casual stance on the game and commitment to the guild in general. At no point did I say this move doesnt hurt, and I dont think that hurt is limited in any way to anyone, regardless of the size of the guild. That store is a great resource for gear which is always in high demand.

I asked --stated twice - to re frame that. I took the avenue of a powerful guild which 30 stars in Geo tb is. It is.

Versus a guild say... doing less than half the available stars. That's not a ton of power is it?

So let's scratch small guild, and just talk about power in relation to Territory battles. Fair?

Your guild has some power. Period. Wow. 30 stars...

I don't think you've had to decide with constraints how you'd spend GET1 in some time. I am guessing you have a ton saved. Everyone farmed. Hey - that's fine. I'm not bemoaning you for being in a powerful guild.

But I'd venture to say, there are more guilds that don't hit 30 stars than those who do.

And thanks for acknowledging that it will hurt players and slow progress.

I'd like to force upon you that people should change the guilds they are in if they like the company and have put time and effort into the guild they have been in.

I'd like to see a drop in incentive to have players move to more powerful guilds to get GET1 for 1 toon. That should't ever be a consideration. Yuk. That's just horrible. No - No one would want that. Right? If avoidable?

And I'm case in point. I farmed hodo restlessly for like 8 months! Then I started on Wompa right away. (i had this idea that both of them will be needed for the next legendary iteration of Luke) I got to 60/100 before Malak was released. And yeah I broke off Wompa, decided to farm through the event. And I've gotten Malak to 65/100 - for a guild of my power, it's normal...

Here, if I look at my shard which I started in late 2016, I see a lot of Malaks at 6 stars -- A lot. So I know my pace isn't out of the norm.

Though, thank you for the response. I 'm not trying to be confrontational or adversarial. I just wanted to state my piece that not all guilds are blessed with tons of power. And that should be fine. And that - hey would it be so bad to not put a character behind currency that, isn['t always easy or plentiful for many. And that - don't put incentive to leave, and we shouldn't have to change as a guild for people to take part in a fun event just to complete an individual feat like this.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

That's why I edited it to say never mind. In my head I thought we were talking about the GAC store for some reason.

Not your fault that you got ninja'd? That's not how it works!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

It’s also not my fault that I didn’t know you had already edited it when I responded. :P
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited October 2019

Actually no. Anyone who has joined in last 2 years who doesnt have wampa etc now will likely never have them. I spent GET1 on gear so was late on malak to 7 (2 more TBs despite having 30k saved). Will finish him and start hording for GAS. No time for chars let alone gear. But CG likes it that way so you have to buy it.

You older players and CG have no idea about the newer playerbase. Anyone who lasts 3 months is a min maxer as this game is gonna weed everyone else out because u cant compete (even with your shardmates as they are alts or min maxers). And who plays to get beat out of the gate? They will be past Hoth as soon as possible even if only 7 star DS Geo. Of course if u really want something (e.g. Wampa) u can ignore everything better and focus on it. New players have no hope of being competitive and getting the old stuff. One or the other. I say that as one of the few exceptions, why will be clear in a couple of sentences.

11 month player at over 3.25 million gp, 1/1 daily arena, and kyber (by thousands) in div 4 (1 GAC in 5 1 in 4 and now 3 so you can sense how fast gp can acrue). Only missing 7* 3p0 from all events (and thousands from my pocketbook). All my shardmates are in same boat even if Div 8. No one would look at old stuff even NS (unless first arena team) as you have to stay close to meta to get crystals esp if f2p. That is bad and made worse by 5 star GET unlocks. So you either care and follow the narrow path or dont and get Wampa....

edit: you have one side in me and something completely diff in guy above me. No one newer is happy with this.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Not your fault that you got ninja'd? That's not how it works!

You must be new here. Nothing anyone does is ever their fault.

giphy.gif

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    @Jarvind I am new here! Any tips?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    @Jarvind I am new here! Any tips?

May I direct you to my signature, good sir!
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• capifico22 wrote: »

Tell me about it. I am the biggest hoarder ever and would NEVER have spent that stuff unless CG gave the green light.

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    raybron99 wrote: »

Tell me about it. I am the biggest hoarder ever and would NEVER have spent that stuff unless CG gave the green light.

They gave the greenlight on the GAC store. They very explicit said characters WOULD continue to show up in the GET store.
  • GET is simply proof that EA/CG lies.

They said it would decrease the gear crunch and be a source of much-needed and rare G12 salvage. Out of the millions of people playing this game, how many people have had the gear crunch meaningfully reduced?

The negotiator is a 6 month farm if your guild is scoring over 20 stars which takes a pretty high power guild, and GET2 hasn't existed for that long yet. We have no evidence at all that they won't introduce a new, major currency sink in the GET2 store either before or right about the time when people first start 7-starring that ship.

HY and Wampa are long farms for new players that are made longer by reducing GET1 income in Geo battles. Adding Malak made things worse. I'm in a 200m+ gp guild, and I've been saving months already and don't even have half the currency needed to get Malak to 7*.

And then, when I get him there, I'm finally qualified to... donate him to a platoon in Geo TB.

Now we're adding GAS before most of us have finished Malak.

It is obvious that, in direct opposition to everything EA/CG said about it, the GET stores are not for gear. They are for shards.

I don't like being lied to.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    They said GET would ease the gear crunch?

I mean, they lied about Kyro easing the gear crunch on carbs, guns, etc., but I remember no statement related to that and GET.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    GET is simply proof that EA/CG lies.

They said it would decrease the gear crunch and be a source of much-needed and rare G12 salvage. Out of the millions of people playing this game, how many people have had the gear crunch meaningfully reduced?

The negotiator is a 6 month farm if your guild is scoring over 20 stars which takes a pretty high power guild, and GET2 hasn't existed for that long yet. We have no evidence at all that they won't introduce a new, major currency sink in the GET2 store either before or right about the time when people first start 7-starring that ship.

HY and Wampa are long farms for new players that are made longer by reducing GET1 income in Geo battles. Adding Malak made things worse. I'm in a 200m+ gp guild, and I've been saving months already and don't even have half the currency needed to get Malak to 7*.

And then, when I get him there, I'm finally qualified to... donate him to a platoon in Geo TB.

Now we're adding GAS before most of us have finished Malak.

It is obvious that, in direct opposition to everything EA/CG said about it, the GET stores are not for gear. They are for shards.

I don't like being lied to.

The only reason you need to save for shards now is because you previously used the store for gear.
  • Yep.

In fact, when it was introduced they said the ENTIRE POINT of GET was to purchase g12:

That's two years old now, but they've listed GET as a source of G12 during dev interviews and in other sources.

GET2 is also heavily implied to be a source of g12+ pieces:

Looking back, this seems exceptionally weaselly. They mention G12+, say that the currency is for "powering your team" but never technically says whether you power your team via G12+ or through endlessly spending currency on the next toon or ship required to stay competitive. This one is not a lie, in the sense that they come right out and say the thing that isn't true. Instead it's carefully crafted to make you believe something not true without ever actually saying the not-true thing in so many words.

Now, you might say that this is not as bad as lying. But for me this shows clear consciousness of guilt. Why drop the G12+ reference and go so far out of your way to walk all the way around Lake Gear12 without ever dipping your toe in unless you were fully aware from the beginning that the lake is poison?

If there are transcripts of Dev Q&As I can get you more, but I'm not going to relisten to them all the way through to find specific time stamps in an audio or video file.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I mean.... there were shards in both stores from day 1 so it’s a little hard to claim you were misled into believing those stores were solely for gear.
  • Liath wrote: »
    I mean.... there were shards in both stores from day 1 so it’s a little hard to claim you were misled into believing those stores were solely for gear.

I might be wrong but I think the comment is stating that the GET store, which we could only obtain Hoda and wompa before g12 was mainly used to farm those toons. When g12 came, they seem to be saying that adding the pieces there would be a good way to get to g12.

And I understand that. After a period of time, when a good number of players had farmed them, it wouldn't put too much of a strain on players. I'm on board.

Then Malak came. A new room to farm.

I kinda had a back and forth with kyno on this, but putting him in the GET store just added on to farm time. And you now have 4 people to farm and no let up on g12+ ...anywhere else.

IThere has been no opening the valve on stuns, cuffs or light bulbs. I don't know their name.

So, here we go a 5th character to farm in GET and no let up or was on g12 or G13.

This stings. Yeah yeah I know. Resource management. Yeah at a snail's pace.

And I'm not totally opposed to all this. Just keep stacking toons in a place we can finish out g12 & 13 is a tough call, that's all I'm saying.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Well, to be fair, they did add g12+ to the shard shop and fleet nodes and the GAC store. So it’s not really accurate to say there has been no let up on it anywhere else.