An easy fix to the GET1 disaster

13Next

Replies

• Liath wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, they did add g12+ to the shard shop and fleet nodes and the GAC store. So it’s not really accurate to say there has been no let up on it anywhere else.

Though they confirmed a reduced drop rate for those pieces in fleet battles. So it's kinda -- thanks, yeah I'll take it. But, c'mon man...throw a dog a bigger bone? A very loyal dog right? A special dog! Er..maybe not. lol
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    And I understand that they can't just throw gear out to players. I realize this.

However, wouldn't it be honest to say that now, some of these gear pieces should flow as plentiful as the lower gear stuff because it is starting to be, lower gear stuff?

That way, it might allow for more of a focus on characters in the GET store like it was prior to G12.

• Liath wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, they did add g12+ to the shard shop and fleet nodes and the GAC store. So it’s not really accurate to say there has been no let up on it anywhere else.

Though they confirmed a reduced drop rate for those pieces in fleet battles.

Can you provide the quote that its a lower drop rate for those pieces in Fleet?

I've been wondering myself.
  • HansSnah wrote: »
    This means that something like 35000k GET1 (correct me if I'm wrong) are needed to farm just these 4 toons. How much do we get per month now with Geonosis on the board? Perhaps 15k (likely less). That's a straight 2 year farming operation just for those characters...! How can anyone think this is a great idea is beyond me?!?

318,800 for the 4 characters to 7* = (330*270*2)+(185*380*2)

Probably a tiny bit less since you can get a couple Hoda shards from achievements.

And 15K a month seems high, but I'm in a guild only getting 28-ish stars in Hoth TB & doing Sith-T6.

Then again, I can't assume the entire population base is going GEO TB & HSR either.
  • How is any guild doing GEO TB even at 1* considered "smallish" ?
  • @Schwartzring

Subtract 1900 b/c you only need 180 to max out Malak (you get 75 each from the light side & dark side of the Malak event, totals 150, even though it opens at 5*/145 shards - giving you a 5 shard head start on 6*).

So... 316,900, unless GAS also gets that 5 shard head start, in which case it's 315k even.

That might be 30 months total to get that much, but it's hard to know exactly since you're obviously earning a lot more than 10k/month by the time you can access GAS, but you're going to be spending a lot of months earning less than 10k/month at the beginning of the game.

It's also obviously dependent on what guild is willing to have you and not merely your personal play. If you can get in with a guild with an average GP much higher than your roster GP, then you'll get those 315k sooner ... but not because you're a better player or you accomplished more.

I think this is terrible.
  • Subtract 1900 b/c you only need 180 to max out Malak (you get 75 each from the light side & dark side of the Malak event, totals 150, even though it opens at 5*/145 shards - giving you a 5 shard head start on 6*).

So... 316,900, unless GAS also gets that 5 shard head start, in which case it's 315k even.

I think this is terrible.

Ah thanks, I missed the 5 bonus & was just thinking 145.

And agreed, it is terrible.

At 10,500 GET per month that is 2.5 years w/o ever spending on gear. LAME.

I just laugh & shake my head though, as a new player only 6.5 months into the game I have not purchased a single Hoda/Wampa shard yet, & probably won't ever get 7* for either epic character.
    The gear is far more important for the other 100 characters that I can get far easier than those 4.