Something overlooked in Anakin’s leadership

Like most new characters, I have to read the kit 50 times to fully digest everything considering how complex they are. One of the things I’ve seen people kind of freaking out about is you can’t damage other 501st allies while Anakin isn’t in cover, meaning first you have to strip his protection and then when he’s in cover you have to quickly defeat everyone else before he comes out of cover. True, but read the ability again:

eca1zxd2fi2j.jpeg

“Other 501st allies can’t lose HEALTH.” The operative word being health. This means you can still strip away all their protection before sending Anakin into cover so that they are much easier to kill.

That is a big distinction. They CAN be damaged, they just can’t lose health. Thus, it seems like one of the strategies to defeating the team will be to remove as much protection from Anakin’s allies as possible, then send him into cover, then quickly kill the allies.

This also makes modding interesting. Do you mod his allies for tons of protection so it takes longer to remove it or do you mod them for tons of health so they survive longer when Anakin is in cover?

Hmmm....

Replies

• He is g11 for 95% of the 0.01% getting him. Means he is a one shot to ani relic7 char with any ability. After that just kill clones?

No Shaak Ti = no tm fun for clones...

G11 with G12 was still ok. But g11 with relic7 is a blatant joke.
  • Varden
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Anakin cannot be killed. Give him Medpack and he recovers very fast. Not to mention he gets 50% TM each opponents turn while he is the last standing (with Blastech Weapon Mod)
  • Varden wrote: »
    Anakin cannot be killed. Give him Medpack and he recovers very fast. Not to mention he gets 50% TM each opponents turn while he is the last standing (with Blastech Weapon Mod)

That is absolutely true. But still, as long as there will only be 5Star G11 General Anakins, the idea might still work. R7 Ani AOE should strip the rest of the clones of their protection and send Ani into cover. Then kill the Clones quickly before Ani comes back. Hm, we will see....

When on Cover GS is immune to all status effects, so Medpack is useless there
  • Aye - when he goes into cover he removes all status effects (including friendly ones), and can't be targeted, so no applying new ones

Yes but you can stun lock him.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I think the big problem under Ani is going to be the 2nd taunt, 5s, especially if he has that zeta where he super buffs clones if he's not killed first. So you'll need to wear down Ani, then break through 5s before Ani retaunts without killing another clone, or you're really toast. Hopefully the AI will be dumb and have 5s taunt while Ani is taunting so you can focus down 5s before getting Ani to cover. Then once ani is toppled (cover), finish off 5s and start on rex before he can one shot anyone your team.

Having 2 counterattacking, taunting tanks with high damage dealers behind them is not going to be a fun battle.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m

• Yes but you can stun lock him.

Check his massive tenacity kit.
  • R7 Rex lead, Chewie, Solo, Lando and ST Han? Guard on Lando so he can’t be dazed/critically hit. Spam aoe? Would probably work if Lando wasn’t terrible.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I think the big problem under Ani is going to be the 2nd taunt, 5s, especially if he has that zeta where he super buffs clones if he's not killed first. So you'll need to wear down Ani, then break through 5s before Ani retaunts without killing another clone, or you're really toast. Hopefully the AI will be dumb and have 5s taunt while Ani is taunting so you can focus down 5s before getting Ani to cover. Then once ani is toppled (cover), finish off 5s and start on rex before he can one shot anyone your team.

Having 2 counterattacking, taunting tanks with high damage dealers behind them is not going to be a fun battle.

Funny, My desire was to burn GAS to cover ASAP so you can actually target 5s. Then just focus on 5s until he's dead. Shouldn't take too long with the right comp

Then again, I am planning on going ahead of them too. 5s should taunt before i burn him down, but that will only help me focus on him when GAS pops out of cover.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

Funny, My desire was to burn GAS to cover ASAP so you can actually target 5s. Then just focus on 5s until he's dead. Shouldn't take too long with the right comp

Then again, I am planning on going ahead of them too. 5s should taunt before i burn him down, but that will only help me focus on him when GAS pops out of cover.

I guess it all comes down to who you want counterattacking you. Might need to mix it up a bit (target ani if you have speed down already, otherwise 5s).
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    with the right comp

Then again, I am planning on going ahead of them too.

Rex with a +160 mod set (as an example) will need 384 speed or a source of first turn TM gain for you to get ahead of them. That's pretty limiting for you if that's really your plan? Your only options are basically BB8, Maul, Bastila or Rex under Shaak Ti.
    Hopefully the AI will be dumb and have 5s taunt while Ani is taunting so you can focus down 5s before getting Ani to cover.
    Fives shouldn't be able to gain taunt while Anakin is taunting.

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Therion wrote: »
    Hopefully the AI will be dumb and have 5s taunt while Ani is taunting so you can focus down 5s before getting Ani to cover.

Doesn't seem like there's anything preventing it. The way I see the AI working is:
    1. Rex goes first because of his clone speed bonus and grants all clones 50% TM and Tenacity up
    2. 5s likely goes before anyone on the opposiing squad and does his special assist and gains taunt.

Both taunts are equal in targeting priority, so you'll be able to hit either Ani or 5s, unless you happen to dispell 5s' taunt.
    Therion wrote: »

Doesn't seem like there's anything preventing it. The way I see the AI working is:
    1. Rex goes first because of his clone speed bonus and grants all clones 50% TM and Tenacity up
    2. 5s likely goes before anyone on the opposiing squad and does his special assist and gains taunt.

Both taunts are equal in targeting priority, so you'll be able to hit either Ani or 5s, unless you happen to dispell 5s' taunt.
    Cover Fire (Fives): Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call target ally to assist. If the assisting ally is a Clone Trooper or 501st, both attackers deal 35% more damage. At the end of his turn if no allies are Taunting, Fives Taunts for 2 turns.
  • I don’t see anything here that CLS r7zolo Chewie C3PO and Thrawn couldn’t blitz.
  • NotTheChosenOne
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I don’t see anything here that CLS r7zolo Chewie C3PO and Thrawn couldn’t blitz.

Attacking out of turn, crit hits & buffs

Seems like trouble against Ani

Btw Anakin can dispel undispellable debuffs so fracture, CBM, isolate & armor shred are useless
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    I don’t see anything here that CLS r7zolo Chewie C3PO and Thrawn couldn’t blitz.

Btw Anakin can dispel undispellable debuffs so fracture, CBM, isolate & armor shred are useless

Yeah I hadn’t read the kit closely enough. It will be OP until they release the FTP counter toon like a week after the event ends.

You know that this is completely wrong right?
    This part:
    "100% counter chance and 50% Critical Chance
    When all other allies are defeated, General Skywalker can't be critically hit and gains 35% Turn Meter after every enemy turn"
    only works if:
    "If all allies are 501st at the start of battle, General Skywalker gains the following:"

So you need all allies to be 501st that he would gain crit immunity and 35% TM gain per turn.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

Only when he takes cover. So if you fracture him while he is taunting it'll be removed once he switches.
    You can do it at the end.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »
    with the right comp

Then again, I am planning on going ahead of them too.

Rex with a +160 mod set (as an example) will need 384 speed or a source of first turn TM gain for you to get ahead of them. That's pretty limiting for you if that's really your plan? Your only options are basically BB8, Maul, Bastila or Rex under Shaak Ti.

Yeah my plans at the moment are to run 88, T3, GG, JKA, JE. it would take about the same amount of speed on g13 JE as on Rex to stay competitive. Everyone else would need to be in the 205-215 range depending on JE's speed. Of course 88 could be whatever speed as long as he was fastest droid. JKA's speed wouldn't matter at all.

Someone could still run BB8, but then you'd need all your droids in the 250 speed range and that would mean giving up a lot of other stats that are kind of needed to make the team work properly. Not saying it can't be done, but JE seems easier to mod with IMO.

Not sure yet if 88 or GG lead will be best here, leaning towards GG. Should be pretty straightforward if it works how I envision it. Want 88 clearing GAS prot right away to get the uber field cleanse out of the way before T3 debuffs everyone. GG goes and crawls 5s. Then JKA and GG will start getting bonus turns and wreaking havoc as droids get hurt and die. JE can revive them.

Seems like a fairly low investment tweak to a currently viable team to keep it relevant.