Guess who's back?! (Possible spoiler E9) But not really...it's in IMBD

Wedge is back.... back again. Tell a friend. Guess who's back guess who's back guess who back... da da daa da da daa.

So, Wedge is going to be back in E9!

Okay, in some books, or comics. I can't remember - -grrr... but I thought his back story played out that he was born from force sensitive parents? A jedi?

Was it rogue squadron or Wraith squadron?

Anyway, I'm excited for this!!

Replies

• So Wiggs/rebel rework? They used to be a top team when i started this game :)
  • In the books Wedge wasn't force sensitive, it was one of his squadron mates, Corran Horn. Wedge was (and as far as I know, still is) the only person to survive attacks on both Death Stars and in the comics and books was arguably the best fighter pilot around.I'd be more interested if they weren't just killing off all of the old characters. My bet, he dies after two minutes of screen time just like Admiral Ackbar.
  • Being honest, I could not care at all if they killed Wedge in RoS.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • That’s awesome! Can you imagine a Poe/Wedge scene where they’re just blasting Ties left and right. Heck yeah.
  • That’s awesome! Can you imagine a Poe/Wedge scene where they’re just blasting Ties left and right. Heck yeah.

Wedge is going to be like 70 - 80 years old right? So he going to be a slow old man with reflexes to match and unlikely to be an ace pilot any longer right?

Wedge is going to be like 70 - 80 years old right? So he going to be a slow old man with reflexes to match and unlikely to be an ace pilot any longer right?

CGI and making people look young is in the cards. A lot of movies do it these days!

Never know!!! I mean they resurrected grand moff tarkin!

CGI and making people look young is in the cards. A lot of movies do it these days!

Never know!!! I mean they resurrected grand moff tarkin!

Thing is, the movie is set 30 years after the original trilogy. So for this to happen, Wedge would've had to discover the secret to immortality and keep it to himself. And he eventually would've been worked out in the end as everyone else around him was ageing when he wasn't.

Also, you do know that when they resurrected Tarkin and Leia, that movie is set like 10 minutes before ANH, right?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!

No, I don't think so.

Wedge was at the Imperial Pilots Academy in the SW Rebels show..... so age 15-25 range.
    That is 1-4 years before SW depending on the episode.

Wookiepedia has him born 21 years before the first Deathstar blew up. (Legends date, not canon)
    So 25 when the 2nd one did 4 years later in Jedi.

Add 30 years forward to new trilogy puts him at 55 by "legends"

His actual DoB is not listed in canon, only "legends" media.
    But given his age needed to be at the academy, his legends DoB is likely accurate.

• I'm really glad that Wedge has been announced along with Lando.

I was not thrilled w/ the other OG Deaths we've seen so far so its nice to see some veterans still showing up.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    That’s awesome! Can you imagine a Poe/Wedge scene where they’re just blasting Ties left and right. Heck yeah.

Well, Tom Cruise is back playing the role of Maverick in Top Gun, so anything is possible I guess.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Mordekai wrote: »
    So Wiggs/rebel rework? They used to be a top team when i started this game :)

Nah - Biggs was killed in ANH, but according to RoS "no one is ever truly gone" so who the hec knows, lol
  • Boo wrote: »
    Mordekai wrote: »
    So Wiggs/rebel rework? They used to be a top team when i started this game :)

Nah - Biggs was killed in ANH, but according to RoS "no one is ever truly gone" so who the hec knows, lol

Why is no one talking about how we could have ghost anakin in a ghost starfighter with a ghost squadron made up of his clone trooper pilots, the rebels that participated in the Death Star Attacks/Scarif and the Resistance pilots, all going up against an unending horde of either FO ships or even repurposed CIS ships