Speed help for Bounty Hunters

I have a speed 271 Boba Fett and speed 299 Bossk under Jango lead. Jango gives Bounty Hunters +30 speed. What I want is for Bossk to Taunt and gain Frenzy, followed by Boba's AOE, which triggers frenzy and allows Bossk to call all bounty hunters to assist. I keep facing a Thrawn who is speed 296 and he is shattering Bossk after Bossk taunts which dispels frenzy and kind of shuts my whole opening move down.

With Jango's leader ability, Boba is speed 301, so why is Thrawn outspeeding him? FYI, the enemy team is Palp lead with Fallen Bastilla, Darth Vader, Darth Nihlus, and Thrawn. I see two possibilities:

1) There is an enemy ability I am missing that boosts Thrawn's speed or slows my team down.

2) Speed boosts don't count at the start of battle.

Replies

• Are any of the opponents characters taking a turn before their thrawn (and your boba). E.g. Vader's AOE? If Any debufs expire on your team Thrawn will be gaining TM.
  • Well, Jango's lead works for scoundrels too. Any that could shut Thrawn down? Raid Han would shoot first could stun right?
  • Budgernaut wrote: »
    I have a speed 271 Boba Fett and speed 299 Bossk under Jango lead. Jango gives Bounty Hunters +30 speed. What I want is for Bossk to Taunt and gain Frenzy, followed by Boba's AOE, which triggers frenzy and allows Bossk to call all bounty hunters to assist. I keep facing a Thrawn who is speed 296 and he is shattering Bossk after Bossk taunts which dispels frenzy and kind of shuts my whole opening move down.

With Jango's leader ability, Boba is speed 301, so why is Thrawn outspeeding him? FYI, the enemy team is Palp lead with Fallen Bastilla, Darth Vader, Darth Nihlus, and Thrawn. I see two possibilities:

1) There is an enemy ability I am missing that boosts Thrawn's speed or slows my team down.

2) Speed boosts don't count at the start of battle.

Vader hits your team with a debuff and then uses that saber throwing ability which removes all buffs and debuffs.

This, gives 5% TM to the entire enemy team per debuff.

So thrawn would get loaded up with TM.

Also, BH would struggle against a BSF Zpalp team js
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Jango, embo, boba, bossk and raid han
    You'll win
  • I run EzPz lead zader zzthrawn tfp and Dooku for arena. I target BH squads. Takes something special for me to lose, it's just the mechanics of the encounter.
    EzPz, zader, and Thrawn are g12, tfp G11 and Dooku g10; but will still defeat BH with relic 3 or 4 fetts (either or both of them). Thrawn goes first often, fractures bossk then use a mix of stun (EzPz, Thrawn, Dooku) and ability block (zader tfp) to keep others controlled.
    Sometimes a super fast boba wrecks this with ability block, letting bossk taunt and jango rip my team apart. But it's rare. A decent embo can upset things too. I'd advise looking at other opponents.

As for the speed q: is either Vader or nastybasty going before you? They strip tm
  • Saada wrote: »
    Jango, embo, boba, bossk and raid han
    You'll win

That's what I was thinking
  • I didn't know about the turn meter gain for expiring debuffs. Thanks!
  • Always check the opposing team's leader ability.