Theory crafting counters for General Skywalker

Nova44
30 posts Member
edited October 2019
Wanted to start a discussion on what people think might work against GS. Obviously there wont be a hard counter to him (and even if we find im sure CG will just nerf/buff teams like what they did to palpatine/malak) but there may be some soft counters that might be able to put a dent in him.
This would be primarily for GA/TW as Im not expecting a team to be able to clear a full GS lead 501st team but being able to find some teams that may have some success will help people and guilds when they face one. Obviously we wont know for sure how he works until we see him in action and see his stats but we may find something here

I saw someone post that a zmaul lead team with nihilus, sion, and traya may be able to do some damage. The zeta from maul will let the team go first before any of the others and you could put sith assassin in there to ensure it as her base speed is high and she can give more turn meter to the other team. With the advantage of going first traya can isolate GS sion can do his aoe and nihilius should be able to increase all there cool downs then maul can daze them. From there its just a battle of getting nihilus ready to annihilate. With mails lead sith allies cant be critically hit if they are under stealth so that may combat GS cool down increases.

I want to here what other people think about this approach and if there are any other ideas out there

Replies

• FenrirsFirstborn
    268 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    You can't hit 501 health when gensky is in advance, but can hit protection. Need to topple him and quick hit clones before he comes back....also need to survive what he hit you with....

Nute lead with jango and R2? Stealth all but jango who can't be hurt. Aoe to remove 501 protection. Big hit on gensky, then need more big hits....
  • Don't bother. You know CG is going to nerf at least the first 2 theory-crafted counters that work. lol

JKA and EP say "Hello".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Most probably an AoE intensive team would work.
    Getting all protections ripped off at almost same time, so when GSk covers you can continue with health on the 4 team members while GSk rebuilds his protection and until only GSk is alive.
    Which members should fit in in this theory: I haven't think of yet. At the moment the 2 most intensive/heavy AoE hitters are JKA, and GG but they don't synergize.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Maul might work - I thought that through yesterday. His double damage to Jedi will help get Gen Ani kneeling pretty quickly, and the stealth-when-crit effects of his leadership will sort of punish the Gen Ani squad crits. If you had an r7 Barriss with 150k health, she would always be standing there out of stealth and healing herself when she takes the crits - effectively tanking for a while, and also providing some healing to the sith when they take a crit when they are out of stealth, so healing them as they go back into stealth again. But Barriss would need 150k health in order to heal herself for 30k every time she takes a crit. That is do-able, since she won't need speed at all in the squad.

Rex lead with zBarriss might also work, since that also punishes crits. But you would need serious health on your team, and your Rex would have to be faster than theirs, which will be hard since they will get +20% speed and you will likely have +12% at best. Having GK also punishes crits, with his reactive taunt.

@FenrirsFirstborn I'm not sure Nute/Jango/R2 would work. The entire enemy team will go first due to Rex, so there is no stealthing everyone but Jango happening.
  • That's a fair point. Also there's a possibility that the damage immunity could be stripped? Not entirely sure of which "undispellables" ani can dispell. Was just trying to find ways for someone to soak up the hits whilst aoes hit their protection.
    Auto taunting tanks? Where taunt will simply reappear even if stripped? If could get that running with DN, annihilate works apparently
  • My bet is Relic 7 Nest with Qi'ra, Hermit Yoda and Wat Tambor.
    May be unlucky with Rex's special but would have a chance.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @FenrirsFirstborn GK would be the best auto-taunting tank, since he taunts based on crits, and the General Ani squad will be critting. So you would absolutely need barriss to try to keep GK alive. So you might as well also have Rex lead for TM gains.

@Akenno yeap, the good old Clash-style Nest thunderstick machine might work :) that would be brilliant

Maul lead, with at least Sion, could also work though. The enemy tenacity is to high that Sion won't land pain, but that means he can use his AoE every turn and keep clearing Tenacity Up. Maul will certainly land Daze, though, because his Potency is 180% at a minimum, at r7 (every few turns Rex will dispell it again, but then sion can dispell tenacity up, and so on). Meanwhile an r7 maul would chew General Ani apart, with the offense up and double damage to Jedi
  • That's a fair point. Also there's a possibility that the damage immunity could be stripped? Not entirely sure of which "undispellables" ani can dispell. Was just trying to find ways for someone to soak up the hits whilst aoes hit their protection.
    Auto taunting tanks? Where taunt will simply reappear even if stripped? If could get that running with DN, annihilate works apparently

He can dispell every status effect. Wat Tambor's gear, Thrawn's fracture, Traya's isolate, both Bastila's etc.

Problem with DN would be if he would be critically hit by GS.
  • Just for reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Mp0Ruw6Zg

Looks like beating clones is the easy part (at least for DR), then Anakin goes crazy.
  • Akenno wrote: »
    That's a fair point. Also there's a possibility that the damage immunity could be stripped? Not entirely sure of which "undispellables" ani can dispell. Was just trying to find ways for someone to soak up the hits whilst aoes hit their protection.

He can dispell every status effect. Wat Tambor's gear, Thrawn's fracture, Traya's isolate, both Bastila's etc.

Problem with DN would be if he would be critically hit by GS.

I thought he could only dispel effects on himself, not enemies? Maybe I read the kit wrong...

Fracture, Isolate, Fear, Plague and probably CBM would be removed but enemy Dark Infusion (Malak), Damage Immunity (Jango, Droideka) and Tech (Wat) should be unaffected. BHR will still be there but won't work (no revives under GSky lead).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • If you want to two-step it it should be manageable with a heavy AoE team (like GG) to take out his clones, then just follow up with any control team. Kylos could probably just stun lock him to death, if you’re trying to save Han/Chewie for another team.
  • Juzz wrote: »
    Most probably an AoE intensive team would work.
    Getting all protections ripped off at almost same time, so when GSk covers you can continue with health on the 4 team members while GSk rebuilds his protection and until only GSk is alive.
    Which members should fit in in this theory: I haven't think of yet. At the moment the 2 most intensive/heavy AoE hitters are JKA, and GG but they don't synergize.

Imperial troopers?
  • Jawas?
    Dengar-led BH?

:P
  • Great suggestions everyone. Hopefully now that he is out we should see how some teams work on him and it should give us more ideas
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Easiest counter should involve Traya lead triumverate of course since her lead will punish GAS, AT, Echo, 5s and maybe ARC Trooper, and Devs confirmed that GAS can be annihilated by Nihilus.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Easiest counter should involve Traya lead triumverate of course since her lead will punish GAS, AT, Echo, 5s and maybe ARC Trooper, and Devs confirmed that GAS can be annihilated by Nihilus.

I wonder though... that team won't hold a taunt. And GAS can dispell isolate. So how can you stop a GAS team from just ripping down DN from the get go?
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    I thought he could only dispel effects on himself, not enemies? Maybe I read the kit wrong...

Fracture, Isolate, Fear, Plague and probably CBM would be removed but enemy Dark Infusion (Malak), Damage Immunity (Jango, Droideka) and Tech (Wat) should be unaffected. BHR will still be there but won't work (no revives under GSky lead).

You are correct. He can only remove status effects that are on him.
    Wat's tech (if applied on GS) will be removed. Otherwise not. And it'll only be removed if he changes into cover mode.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Bulldogg made a vid in which its showed how Anakin is pwned.
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    Bulldogg made a vid in which its showed how Anakin is pwned.

Link? Owned by what? What relic levels? Was it 5 ir 7 star GAS?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »

I wonder though... that team won't hold a taunt. And GAS can dispell isolate. So how can you stop a GAS team from just ripping down DN from the get go?

My thoughts on the needed pretaunt were running along the lines of Wat or SiT. WIth Wat you can give that weapon tech to nihilus that makes him gain tm whenever an enemy takes a turn in addition to that permataunt prot regen tech on Sion.

Stack speed and tenacity on nihilus and watch him hit annihilate super fast.

Wat is hard to come by. GBA as 5th could be really good too.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • To bad we can't target him while he's toppled, eh?
    doi4gf9iuyex.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • No theorycrafting needed....Just bring Padme team in and turn it on autoattack
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I also think gg lead with 88, t3, je, and jka has a good chance of beating it.

JE in this comp should have pretty comparable speeds to Rex under GAS. JE in this comp over bb8 puts needed speeds in the 205-215 range on your droids while bb8 would require speeds in the 250 range on your droids to go first (assuming 370-380 rex)
  • No GG doesn't stand a chance i've wrecked them in moments droids almost all die to 1 GAS AOE
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    No GG doesn't stand a chance i've wrecked them in moments droids almost all die to 1 GAS AOE

In the comp I mentioned, GAS should never take a turn until everyone else is dead, and that will happen rather quickly.

Him killing people off will just trigger gg and jka thereby ending his own life.
  • Okay I'm a few months behind but I'll chime in anyway. I've used zMaul, Nihilas, Fallen, Malak, and Thrawn with some success but it is a soft counter. You go first if modded correctly, but are very RNG dependent and I'd prefer surer things. I adjusted my DR team slightly removing Thrawn, and adding Sith Trooper. Trooper, and Malak take the hits, Fallen, and DR fear, and you hit him hard with Malak, HK, DR, and Fallen. clear the clones in round 1 and your golden. If General gets up twice its most likely over. Needs heavy relic to be consistant.
  • JarJarReubs
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    a