Why GET for GAS Makes No Sense

2Next

Replies

• Whales have hoarded the GET because they buy gear with money
    And 68k GET is just about 13 full stun guns worth of currency if you buy the stun gun AND the carbanti salvage
    Count that on top of the 4 zeta and the 500 kyros 300 stun cuffs and so on
    If you then even invest money into the requirements it is a whole lot for a single character
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Whales have hoarded the GET because they buy gear with money
    And 68k GET is just about 13 full stun guns worth of currency if you buy the stun gun AND the carbanti salvage
    If you then even invest money into the requirements it is a whole lot for a single character

I have hoarded the GET, but do not buy gear with money. I use arena cyrstals sometimes, though.

But, I hoarded GET because I wanted to 7* the next Epic character immediately, because they told us we were getting another one.
  • Fhoenix wrote: »
    Was reading OP post as critically as I could and he is spot on with his rationale and the issues be bring up... the only thing he isnt seeing is that this IS the new price tag they have set. They expect a select few to do whatever it takes to get anakin if its spend to unlock, spend the refreshes to farm the gear asap, whatever it takes going to 800 800 refreshing... it's an all out race to 7 star him by allinging with guilds of 49 other like minded playersthese select few whale out they make a ton. Some people have nearly unlimited income and can afford to spend $1,000 or 5k or more a month on a game it just doesn't matter to them. I know a guy he made like 60 million last year if he wants anakin he can get anakin doesn't change a thing...

They dont care about your $200 your willing to spend, you can spend it but the days of getting a 7 star max character for a couple hundred bucks are gone. No more $5.99 5-330 packs for the newest things, now if u want the newest thing u will need 3 to 4 full teams to unlock, a stockpile of the newest reward to take to 7 and a ton of Crystal's to access the end game relic content without waiting months...

Once you understand this concept then everything they did makes sense, make the people with unlimited income race to finish first for bragging rights and profit. Then you can be happy you get anakin and get to play the game for free... it's a symbiotic relationship once u see the big picture.

This is pretty much it. The people who are on here most upset are those who used to be considered "baby whales and dolphins" no true "kraken" even cares they don't use currency, the only currency they deal in is crystals and they stockpile the rest so they are never caught off guard. We are all just learning our place as CG brings balance to the force, and we don't have the high ground.

Yep and when its the krakens and f2p this game will die quicker. the marginal baby whale represents alot of players. My thousands (and thousands) over the last year is now limited to cheapo gimmick packs and marquee only. Good luck CG.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Whales have hoarded the GET because they buy gear with money

My experience suggests that many whales don’t hoard anything because it’s not in their nature and they don’t think they ever need to. Whereas f2p hoarders hoard everything just in case. I had 7* Malak well before some of the biggest whales on my shard for this reason. Maybe they learned from that experience though.
  • For midgame players and guilds which are not able to play geo tbs successfully it makes sense. They can get an op toon for ls geo tb and will be able to progress faster:

getting earlier g12r gear and get2 tokens to reach faster g13 and relics
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    5. Geo TBs reward just over half the amount of GET that Hoth TBs do, so players who want a fast GAS farm are going to be tempted to ignore the new LS Geo TB before it's even released!
    6. Players seeking out Hoth-only guilds are going to break up established guilds and relationships, because - as good as Negotiator and Wat are - the GET2 characters are by no means required for anything at all.

How high are you? Geos TB give you more GET than you can get from the Hoth TB so nobody will be leaving their current guild to go to one that's doing the old raid.

Max GET from Hoth TB is 6k and you can get that same amount with only 28* on the Geos TB. Our guild used to get 43* on Hoth (5.5k GET) and currently on Geos we get 24* (5.6k GET), so trust me nobody is thinking about doing the old Hoth TB.

hez6kohb3z41.jpg
  • Got to include SM GET from Hoth. We only get GET2 from SMs in GEO..
  • Got to include SM GET from Hoth. We only get GET2 from SMs in GEO..

If you really think you get that much extra GET from the SM in Hoth and would rather give up GET2 from the main prize and SM in Geos, be my guest. But I know myself and my guild would rather have Wat shards and the new GET2 than worry about missing out on a few hundred GET from the Hoth SMs.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Got to include SM GET from Hoth. We only get GET2 from SMs in GEO..

If you really think you get that much extra GET from the SM in Hoth and would rather give up GET2 from the main prize and SM in Geos, be my guest. But I know myself and my guild would rather have Wat shards and the new GET2 than worry about missing out on a few hundred GET from the Hoth SMs.

DS- 3700
    LS- 4250

So, with full completion of all SM in LS Hoth you would get 10,250 GET, which is quite a bit more than Geo gives. If you get 48* and all SM in DS Hoth then you get 12,500 GET, which is double what Geo gives.
  • StarSon wrote: »

DS- 3700
    LS- 4250

So, with full completion of all SM in LS Hoth you would get 10,250 GET, which is quite a bit more than Geo gives. If you get 48* and all SM in DS Hoth then you get 12,500 GET, which is double what Geo gives.

Plus wat tambor just got nerfed, I mean fixed, vs dr malak teams so he isnt as effective counter anymore now that they stopped the tm gain.
  • StarSon wrote: »

DS- 3700
    LS- 4250

This. We can get nearly 50/50 in special missions on Hoth, where as we have like 3 people completing them on Geonosis (and it gives GET2).
  • I think you're probably right, however, I am very greatful that I'm not going to be seeing 20 maxed out GAS's in my arena right away.
  • The high requirements this event is designed for and the reward for completing are misaligned. This should have been a 7* unlock. By time enough GET1 is saved to get him max stars in 5 months a new meta or squad will jump into the spotlight. So we have a 5* toon capped at G11 that can’t compete with G13 and relics for PvP nor PvE. Especially with LS geo coming. Makes zero sense to get a paperweight that can’t be fully utilized for almost half a year. Well done CG... who gets a cookie for this dumpster fire?
  • For me this is probably the most frustrated I have ever been in this game. I am a day one player and a pretty hard core whale. I’ve spent north of 50k on this game and have always put up with whatever CG has thrown our way, never really mattered to me because I always had an option to purchase what in needed to have fun gearing and playing a new character.

This one though is a hard pill to swallow. What business model has these kind of requirements and rewards you with absolute garbage? Spent several hours beating a challenging event where the end reward was a character that I can’t even play? After waiting for forever for new content I now have a new toon sitting in storage for the next several months before he’s even viable. Where is the fun in that?

At the end of the day this is a game and games should be fun. SWGOH isn’t very fun right now and this event was the ultimate slap in the face to the veteran players who have stuck it out through the good and the bad. This may have been the straw that broke the camels back for me. I can tell you this, CG will not get another penny from me until they make this right. And if not then maybe it’s time to move on...
  • They suddenly decided that they have enough money and don't need more apparently.
    With a 5* unlock, we have plenty of time to farm all the relic materials and gear pieces completely free by the time GS hits 7*.

So now people are criticizing CG for NOT doing a money-grab?

Oh okay. That’s how it is, then.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Reasons it does make sense:
    1. Epic Confrontation characters unlock at 5 stars and then the remainder of the shards are purchased from the Guild Events Store

This is only the second ever epic confrontation. Until this event, the “rules” weren’t set (strictly they still aren’t). When the first cam out for Malak, there was no G13, no relics. The difference between a g11 Malak and a g12 Malak is there, but not as horrendous as the difference between a g11 GS and and R7 GS. And the difference between a G11 Malak and a G12 DR, is nothing like the difference between a g11 Malak and an R7 DR.

The point of Epic confrontations was to bring out these meta shifting toons, not quite at a finished stage, but close to it. No-one would be complaining if this was like Malak and we were just looking at g11 and g12 toons in the galaxy.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    InZidious wrote: »
    For me this is probably the most frustrated I have ever been in this game. I am a day one player and a pretty hard core whale. I’ve spent north of 50k on this game and have always put up with whatever CG has thrown our way, never really mattered to me because I always had an option to purchase what in needed to have fun gearing and playing a new character.

This one though is a hard pill to swallow. What business model has these kind of requirements and rewards you with absolute garbage? Spent several hours beating a challenging event where the end reward was a character that I can’t even play? After waiting for forever for new content I now have a new toon sitting in storage for the next several months before he’s even viable. Where is the fun in that?

At the end of the day this is a game and games should be fun. SWGOH isn’t very fun right now and this event was the ultimate slap in the face to the veteran players who have stuck it out through the good and the bad. This may have been the straw that broke the camels back for me. I can tell you this, CG will not get another penny from me until they make this right. And if not then maybe it’s time to move on...

This is a release that has pleased almost nobody. FTP and dolphins who can’t get him aren’t happy. Whales who got him at 5* aren’t happy. Even whales who hoarded 70K GET aren’t happy because he’s easily countered by Padme anyway.

@CG_SBCrumb just read through these threads, look at the reception of this character. This can’t be what you guys intended. Something needs to be done.

Provide a pathway to getting GAS to 7* in a reasonable timeframe, i.e. not 5-6 MONTHS.
  • I understand, they had to take into account the health of the game. What would happen with a ton of 4 zeta 7 star relic 7s do to the game right off the bat.

And they had to weight it with how much money they could make.

Maybe, maybe they actually thought that the health of the game was more important than making a ton of money.

okay let the laughs ensue.

But it's the only reason I can think of to do it this way.

Considering padme absoloutly destroys him at max relic they wouldn’t have to worry about health of the game.

He’s absoloutly useless at 5*
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Nice long list of reasons:

1. The toughest event of all time just to unlock a 5* character, and my enthusiasm died the moment I realised it would be a 5* unlock.
    2. Nothing short of a 7* can access G12, G13 or 6E mods, so GAS will be miles behind the curve for 99% of people unlocking him.
    3. A 5* GAS can't use relics, the much-hyped brand new feature in the game, so he's effectively 3-4 gear levels behind other characters, as well as the star deficit.
    4. A 5* GAS can't be used in the soon-to-be-released LS Geo TB, sabotaging the new content before it's even released.
    5. Geo TBs reward just over half the amount of GET that Hoth TBs do, so players who want a fast GAS farm are going to be tempted to ignore the new LS Geo TB before it's even released!
    6. Players seeking out Hoth-only guilds are going to break up established guilds and relationships, because - as good as Negotiator and Wat are - the GET2 characters are by no means required for anything at all.
    7. GET can't be monetised, so CG loses money on either starring up GAS to 7* or gearing him up to G13, and slotting relics to R7.

Based on the above, I think this is - hands down - the dumbest move for the game that I've seen in recent times. I've spent the whole morning trying to make sense of it, and there is no sense to be had.

It's just a bad, bad decision, at a time when a record number of players are deserting the game.

This was a chance to finally put a smile on some faces, new content, a new meta - and it's just another update that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

That's exactly what I was thinking about this event yesterday.

I got my GS at 5*. I'd like to say that the event design has a lot of flaws in it, especially Tier 4. It's very RNG-based, mainly because of the fact that there's a bunch of characters at 100% TM at the beginning or after Rex's first special, and you have no idea of who's going to take their turn next. You can't even plan properly for the event. Your B2/Droideka could be sitting at 100% TM for a long time while the enemy GS and Clones are decimating your team.
    No one likes to restart the event a hundred times, that's not how the events should be designed, even for those who have the recommended gear and relic levels. Although I did like that we didn't have the preloaded TM thing this time, at least I haven't noticed that.

Moreover, the whole model of the Epic Confrontation characters is already outdated. I'd like devs to read that post above and see why. 5* unlock is useless, there's a huge gap between a G11 character and a G13 character with full relic and 6-dot mods. And the gap is going to be even more noticeable after the 6-D through 6-A mods and relic lvl 7 abilities are released. Just imagine at some point in the future CG is releasing Jedi Knight Luke as an Epic Confrontation character. Leave alone the requirements for that event, I doubt that you'll be happy having your useless 5* Luke without any access to the endgame PvE and PvP content.

As it was mentioned before, GET1 is a type of currency that allows you to soften the gear crunch, and it should be that way in the future.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    ReylanT wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Nice long list of reasons:

1. The toughest event of all time just to unlock a 5* character, and my enthusiasm died the moment I realised it would be a 5* unlock.
    2. Nothing short of a 7* can access G12, G13 or 6E mods, so GAS will be miles behind the curve for 99% of people unlocking him.
    3. A 5* GAS can't use relics, the much-hyped brand new feature in the game, so he's effectively 3-4 gear levels behind other characters, as well as the star deficit.
    4. A 5* GAS can't be used in the soon-to-be-released LS Geo TB, sabotaging the new content before it's even released.
    7. GET can't be monetised, so CG loses money on either starring up GAS to 7* or gearing him up to G13, and slotting relics to R7.

Based on the above, I think this is - hands down - the dumbest move for the game that I've seen in recent times. I've spent the whole morning trying to make sense of it, and there is no sense to be had.

It's just a bad, bad decision, at a time when a record number of players are deserting the game.

This was a chance to finally put a smile on some faces, new content, a new meta - and it's just another update that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

That's exactly what I was thinking about this event yesterday.

I got my GS at 5*. I'd like to say that the event design has a lot of flaws in it, especially Tier 4. It's very RNG-based, mainly because of the fact that there's a bunch of characters at 100% TM at the beginning or after Rex's first special, and you have no idea of who's going to take their turn next. You can't even plan properly for the event. Your B2/Droideka could be sitting at 100% TM for a long time while the enemy GS and Clones are decimating your team.
    No one likes to restart the event a hundred times, that's not how the events should be designed, even for those who have the recommended gear and relic levels. Although I did like that we didn't have the preloaded TM thing this time, at least I haven't noticed that.

Moreover, the whole model of the Epic Confrontation characters is already outdated. I'd like devs to read that post above and see why. 5* unlock is useless, there's a huge gap between a G11 character and a G13 character with full relic and 6-dot mods. And the gap is going to be even more noticeable after the 6-D through 6-A mods and relic lvl 7 abilities are released. Just imagine at some point in the future CG is releasing Jedi Knight Luke as an Epic Confrontation character. Leave alone the requirements for that event, I doubt that you'll be happy having your useless 5* Luke without any access to the endgame PvE and PvP content.

As it was mentioned before, GET1 is a type of currency that allows you to soften the gear crunch, and it should be that way in the future.
    Right. My only gripe with Tier 4 is that it’s less of an epic confrontation (puzzle elements like tier 1 and 2) but a straight up fight against the best team just like legendary events are. There are no puzzle elements
    Provide a pathway to getting GAS to 7* in a reasonable timeframe, i.e. not 5-6 MONTHS.
    Reasonable timeframe should be day one