Drop out grand arena

Is there away to just drop out grand arena all together?
Im so far behind the players im getting matched with its a waste of time.
So by forfetting i save us both 24 hrs

Replies

• Nope. You joined the GAC, you'll be in the GAC until it's over.

You can not sign up subsequent weeks and not have to set any defenses, but you're "in" the GAC.
  • Thats disappointing.
  • You could still try testing some counters to help your guild in TW. Since there is no pressure, you can get an idea how well you perform against certain teams without a cost.
  • Is there away to just drop out grand arena all together?

Just place 1 team on defense and move on. If they refuse to do fair matchmaking p**s off enough people that they have to.
  • Mitch08 how does placing 1 team annoy people?
  • Mitch08 wrote: »
    Is there away to just drop out grand arena all together?

Just place 1 team on defense and move on. If they refuse to do fair matchmaking p**s off enough people that they have to.
    Place defense, ignore GAC if you don't care, just not this.
    This way you only ruin the progress of 4 weeks for another 3 players with no other impact whatsoever.
  • Mitch08 how does placing 1 team annoy people?

If your opponent wants to complete challenges you basically give them a giant middle finger and say "no challenges for you from me" many have to be done in a short time and you end up stamping them from a lot of progress.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Wow this thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Don't join the GAC next time you are asked. I chose to do that and I am much happier for it.
  • NotTheChosenOne
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Lmao imagine being petty you want to put yourself at a bigger disadvantage

-100iq
  • I really don't understand the issue here. If you don't want to do GAC, don't sign up for it. If you sign up, and don't want to participate, then don't set any defence (it will be auto filled using your top gp toons in a random order of sqds).
  • Halfbaked wrote: »
    I really don't understand the issue here. If you don't want to do GAC, don't sign up for it. If you sign up, and don't want to participate, then don't set any defence (it will be auto filled using your top gp toons in a random order of sqds).

And actually, this is fun to play against, because it's not the same boring teams. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Reptis5000 wrote: »
    Mitch08 how does placing 1 team annoy people?

If your opponent wants to complete challenges you basically give them a giant middle finger and say "no challenges for you from me" many have to be done in a short time and you end up stamping them from a lot of progress.

Sounds good the hot place wit em
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Reptis5000 wrote: »
    Mitch08 how does placing 1 team annoy people?

Sounds good the hot place wit em

It takes more effort to be a poor sport. Don't hate the players, hate the game....or CG/EA.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Halfbaked wrote: »
    I really don't understand the issue here. If you don't want to do GAC, don't sign up for it. If you sign up, and don't want to participate, then don't set any defence (it will be auto filled using your top gp toons in a random order of sqds).

I accidentally did this. Crazy busy week at work, had forgotten that the GAs switched over and didn't set my D (switchover time is 5pm for me, not exactly ideal). Rather than use what I had set last GA, it randomly assigned my top heroes. Seems like a silly thing for the game to do, but that's what it does. Oh well, managed to clear 2 territories & done.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    Halfbaked wrote: »

I accidentally did this. Crazy busy week at work, had forgotten that the GAs switched over and didn't set my D (switchover time is 5pm for me, not exactly ideal). Rather than use what I had set last GA, it randomly assigned my top heroes. Seems like a silly thing for the game to do, but that's what it does. Oh well, managed to clear 2 territories & done.

It only uses your previous defense during round 2 or 3. Each time it starts over, you have to set defense the first round. If you don't it sets your top toons in order (not random).
  • Nope. You joined the GAC, you'll be in the GAC until it's over.

You can not sign up subsequent weeks and not have to set any defenses, but you're "in" the GAC.
    Thats disappointing.

While is is true that you cannot opt out of the GAC entirely, simply ignoring it and not clicking the join button for any of the four week-long GAs within the GAC amounts to the same thing. You don't have to be an active participant if you don't want to.
  • This is a joke right ?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    This is a joke right ?

Sadly, no