California Power Outages - General Skywalker event

Replies

• Hmm... I visited Turkey in the Marine Corps - port of call for the float I was on - just 6 months before I invaded Iraq so... I guess America invades people too.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    A reasonable request based on the dev's location is now going to disappear due to thread derailment. sigh
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • If the event runs smoothly, power outages in California, wars in Turkey, or any other "localized" event aren't a reason to delay the event.

If the event doesn't run smoothly, all of those things are irrelevant and they will need to fix the event and reset things when they have power in CG offices again.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I like to have Turkey Chile with my German Frankfurts while dining in an Italian bistro
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-power-outage-map-20191009/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/northern-california-faces-massive-power-outage-as-pgande-hedges-wildfire-risk/2019/10/09/576facfa-ead9-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

Well, Needless to say there's a big event happening locally for me. The developers are also in the state, perhaps we can push the event off a week, give everyone time to farm a bit? Just seems like rotten timing for us in California affected by this, especially considering the developers are here as well and may be unable to respond if there's issues.

Stay safe, for any of those affected.

If this was the case the event would be postponed dozens of times since every different region has problems.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-power-outage-map-20191009/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/northern-california-faces-massive-power-outage-as-pgande-hedges-wildfire-risk/2019/10/09/576facfa-ead9-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

Well, Needless to say there's a big event happening locally for me. The developers are also in the state, perhaps we can push the event off a week, give everyone time to farm a bit? Just seems like rotten timing for us in California affected by this, especially considering the developers are here as well and may be unable to respond if there's issues.

Stay safe, for any of those affected.

Idk if I beleive it, it's the Washington Post after all...

• Maybe stop posting on the forums and save your battery for the event
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Yodas_papa wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    There's a war going on in my country (seriously). Can we push the event 3 weeks?
    Which country are you in?

Turkey

Maybe dont invade people

I don't invade people, do you?

Only turkey

Only turkey invades people? That's rather laughable. Guess who just left.

Turkey has been responsible for some terrible things and still refuse to own up to them. It's sick.

I won't respond since this is already breaching forum rules repeatedly. I can just say I live in this country, I don't own it, I don't own up to it either.

Bet.

I think you own it.

I will just say, for the record, that I am 100% okay with the event being postponed for any reason whatsoever.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    A reasonable request based on the dev's location is now going to disappear due to thread derailment. sigh

Lol ok man reasonable ??? How man shak fee shards you need... i live in CA state did it to themselves it is what it is its not rewasonable for rest of game (no im not getting hime cause i could give two expletives
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Yodas_papa wrote: »
    There's a war going on in my country (seriously). Can we push the event 3 weeks?

Turkey

Maybe dont invade people

Only turkey

Turkey has been responsible for some terrible things and still refuse to own up to them. It's sick.

I won't respond since this is already breaching forum rules repeatedly. I can just say I live in this country, I don't own it, I don't own up to it either.

Bet.

I think you own it.

I will just say, for the record, that I am 100% okay with the event being postponed for any reason whatsoever.

Would be even better if servers were lost in CA for whatever reason and the backup started 2 yrs ago
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dont feel bad had to cancel my macau trip because disneys overlords PROC does not exactlyhave me feeling safe taking ferry from hong kong..... world sucks..... pooh bear
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    There's a lot of serious issues going on in my homestate this week. I understand it's easy to make light of the situation, but the area right around Sacramento is heavily affected. I started this thread with a genuine question and tossed in the "light-hearted" comment about being able to farm for a few extra days. Needless to say, 2-3 day delay isn't going to help me or the vast majority of people panic farming. Either you're ready for the event or you're not, a couple days delay while the state's infrastructure is handled is pretty reasonable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/us/california-power-outage.html
  • It's getting chilly in Ohio. Can we get like 3 weeks to catch up on yard work before it gets cold?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

Don't you think if the dev location was relevant to this discussion they would have already at least said something, if not done something?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Speaking of turkey...

It’s Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, obviously the event should be postponed.
  • PG&E is the supplier that is managing the power outages. Fortunately, Sacramento county is served by another utility. CG (the office) will not be affected by PG&E power outage decisions. I don't pretend to know where the servers are.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    PG&E is the supplier that is managing the power outages. Fortunately, Sacramento county is served by another utility. CG (the office) will not be affected by PG&E power outage decisions. I don't pretend to know where the servers are.

I’m pretty sure I read above that they are in Turkey.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »

Turkey

Pretty sure that was optional...

Pretty sure getting gas or playing this game is optional.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    PG&E is the supplier that is managing the power outages. Fortunately, Sacramento county is served by another utility. CG (the office) will not be affected by PG&E power outage decisions. I don't pretend to know where the servers are.

I rarely believe anything I read on this forum.
  • The problem isn’t the wildfires. The problem is that PG&E is a monopoly and has no incentive to do literally any maintenance on their power lines because you have no other alternative.

So last year when their poorly-maintained lines sparked the fire that burnt down an entire town and killed actual people they were fined heavily. But then they declared bankruptcy so they wouldn’t have to pay the fine. Fast forward to today and PG&E still hasn’t done any maintenance (but they HAVE given their executives $11 million in bonuses) so to prevent more fires they’re just shutting off power to hundreds of thousands of people.

And it’s all legal. Because capitalism is a scam perpetuated by monopolists and syndicalists.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    The problem isn’t the wildfires. The problem is that PG&E is a monopoly and has no incentive to do literally any maintenance on their power lines because you have no other alternative.

So last year when their poorly-maintained lines sparked the fire that burnt down an entire town and killed actual people they were fined heavily. But then they declared bankruptcy so they wouldn’t have to pay the fine. Fast forward to today and PG&E still hasn’t done any maintenance (but they HAVE given their executives $11 million in bonuses) so to prevent more fires they’re just shutting off power to hundreds of thousands of people.

And it’s all legal. Because capitalism is a scam perpetuated by monopolists and syndicalists.

Lol u lr blaming srong ppl but i see it would fall on deaf ears
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Wasn't aware merely mentioning turkey would garner so much responses. Back a few weeks very few would be able to point it on the map. Bet that's still the case even though everyone is an expert now xD.

This topic was never a general discussion about the game. Now it's a dumpster fire.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

Respectfully disagree.
  • TVF wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »

Respectfully disagree.

Disrespectfully agree.
  • Yodas_papa wrote: »

Turkey

Maybe dont invade people

Only turkey

Name literally any country and you’ll find atrocities they refuse to acknowledge. Turkey’s no different from the rest of us except that one time they banned a cool hat.
    NicWester wrote: »
    The problem isn’t the wildfires. The problem is that PG&E is a monopoly and has no incentive to do literally any maintenance on their power lines because you have no other alternative.

Lol u lr blaming srong ppl but i see it would fall on deaf ears

Really? And pray tell who the right people are. Sure is nice to know that I shouldn’t blame the person who turned off my power for turning off my power because it was actually someone else who did it. I’m especially eager to hear what someone who doesn’t live in California or deal with PG&E on a daily basis can teach me about the thing that is happening to me.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Im having a baby in 3 days. Let's postpone this a year so I can get past the breast feeding stage.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »

They are likely on battery backup as well. The servers isn't the issue, I don't think they would be. Redundancies would be in place to prevent from a total loss in the case of a physical location having an issue.

It was just about the developers that live, commute, being able to respond in case of an issue, there were some minor quirks, but not anything gamebreaking thankfully.

I'm excited for the event, when I get to try it
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Why is this still thread.