Galaxy Wars Question

Apologies if this has been answered umpteen times, but how exactly is it calculated?

Is it based on total galactic power? The top 5 toons? Your arena ranking?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Top 5 roster power until you reach player level 85. It then retains that power level for all future GW matches so your GW will never get "harder" in that respect.
    An interesting upshot here is that some not-so-whaley ancient veteran launch-era players hit L85 with much lower roster power than newer players. This means that the 4-year veteran player's GW table is waaaaaaaaay easier to complete than the 1-year player's table. I have a pretty lame g8 clone team with 4* Shaak Ti lead that I can bring in fresh off the bench with no TM load to blow up almost every 12th node I ever see in GW. It's not because I'm gooder than the rest, it's because my GW is just that easy.
    I hesitate to wish for a rescaled GW table though, because then I wouldn't have anywhere at all to use my Gar Saxon team.
  • That's very interesting, and thanks for explaining it so well.

On my new alt, I was steam rolling GW with my PS team until I decided to level up my Rebel and Sith teams. I suddenly couldn't get past nodes 9-12. I guess it was in my head; confirmation bias or something.

Anyway, what I can take away from what you've said is that there is no adverse effect in GW for levelling up multiple toons.

Thanks again.
  • This might interest you. You probably noticed that the nodes vary in difficulty in a fairly predictable pattern. It looks something like this, with notable difficulty spikes on nodes 3, 6, 9, 12:
    JeGqSsf.png
    I have not revisited this power curve in a very long time, but it does not seem to have changed. At node 11 you reach a team that should have a total power roughly equal to the top 5 in your roster, and node 12 is around 115% of your top 5. You can use this chart to plan your attack and charge up the turn meters on your various squads to prepare them for the final hard nodes.
    When you were rolling the GW with Phoenix and gearing other squads, I suspect you were not developing PS. What likely happened there was that other characters became more powerful than PS and suddenly your top5 started growing again. As your top5 increases in power, so does your GW get harder ... until you reach the L85 plateau. It wasn't just in your head.
    Witnailer wrote: »
    Anyway, what I can take away from what you've said is that there is no adverse effect in GW for levelling up multiple toons.
    Just to point out again, you can level up and gear as many characters as you like, but as soon as you start improving the most powerful heroes in your roster, it will indeed affect the difficulty of your GW table.
  • Once again, thank you. That was a stellar reply and explanation.

Time to redouble my work with PS ... I hope Thrawn is worth it!

Thanks again.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    This is one reason why my alt is mainly working on 86.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Could I get both of your opinions on something else?

I started my alt about a month ago for several reasons; primarily because after a considerable break, my arena rank is relegated to around 4,000 for ... well, I won't be climbing anytime soon. While I have no legendary characters, my fleet is in the 100 range and I've a lot of good characters grinded.

I was surprised how quickly my alt has caught up though, following the advice on the forums (PS, Empire etc.). I'm going to keep both going, but I'd like your thoughts on which account to spend money on? I'm not a whale, but I'll spend a fair bit on the game. However, I don't want to start spending on both accounts. :/

That's a hell of a long way of asking if I should spend money on my arena-crippled main, or my new lean alt?

What would you do?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lean alt.

Assuming arena is important to you. Some people do alts for fun.
  • Yes, that sounds like the most logical option.

As you say, I should spend on the more serious account- the one with arena makes more sense.

Many thanks - I appreciate it.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Don't tell anyone I was helpful. I have a reputation to uphold.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Don't tell anyone I was helpful. I have a reputation to uphold.

Ha ha, I've seen you on the other threads :p

Won't tell a soul!
  • The issue you might have run into is that at L76 characters can start putting Omegas on their Primary attacks.

Then at L82 you start to see Zetas arrive on characters.

Both Omega/Zeta count as considerable GP (Galactic Power), but, they don't count under SP (Stat Power).

G-War still matches based on the old SP & not the new GP.

So you get to about 80 & all of a sudden your matched against teams with 10K more GP than you.

That GP usually comes because they have put on Omega/Zeta & you have not.

Prior to 70 if you see a mismatch its usually Levels v/s Gear/Abilities.

But from 75-85 its often the L8 Ability Mats issue.

Leveling 2-3 other teams is not at all a hindrance in G-war.

It actually works to your advantage.

If you have 3-4 teams all around the same GP then you can throw them into the fights in sequence to always be fresh against a tough team instead of wounded.

It also means that you have more "tools in your toolbox" to choose just the right team that counters an opponent more effectively.

Going into the first 5 fights of G-War that are easy wins with a different team each time also gets their TM reved up so when you hit a later round your characters might move first before an otherwise faster opponent.

Hope that helps.
  • Wow.

I'm going to reveal something very embarrassing...

I had no idea you could lose a match in GW and then throw another team at the enemy. As in, the damage you inflicted isn't reset ...

Just ... wow. I have no excuse for that one.

I'm just co.ing up to l76, so I haven't encountered the Omega issue you've outlined. However, thanks to you, I'll be ready for it.

Time to upgrade my lovely Sith and Rebel squads <3

Thanks!
  • Nerfdruids
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Witnailer wrote: »
    Wow.

I'm going to reveal something very embarrassing...

I had no idea you could lose a match in GW and then throw another team at the enemy. As in, the damage you inflicted isn't reset ...

Just ... wow. I have no excuse for that one.

I'm just co.ing up to l76, so I haven't encountered the Omega issue you've outlined. However, thanks to you, I'll be ready for it.

Time to upgrade my lovely Sith and Rebel squads <3

Thanks!

You also might want to know that if your GW match is going bad, you can forfeit and try again. You dont lose anything for this. Basically resetting the fight and trying a new tactics instead. Makes it a lot easier for comps that you aren't familiar with.
  • @Nerfdruids thanks for that tip. I've come to realise that GW is kinda rigged (not in the pejorative sense); if you forfeit and swap toon places, the AI still attack the same spot. So it seems to target battlefield spots, rather than specific toons.

I'll have to keep testing that.

My GW's difficulty has stabilised now. :)
  • Having 3+ similar strength teams is very useful in GWar but another thing is knowing when to sacrifice a smaller team to soak up the targets early "specials".

Tossing in a team of L40/50 characters to eat up all the AE's/Nukes from Empire/NS & die in 2 turns before you send your Phoenix in to beat on them can be VERY useful.

Continue to play with strategies & be ready to eject out & end the match early if you don't like how it is starting out.

Strategy turns GW from a 40% finish L12 rate to a 90% finish L12 rate.

Some days you will just get hammered with a team that can wipe our your entire roster and that's annoying but we can't win every day. Just come back tomorrow & try again after reset.