GAS Achievement Reward - GET 1 Currency

Prev134
So after spending a significant amount of time, energy and money unlocking GAS I along with many others have been rewarded with HALF a character.

The only people that can actually enjoy this character are the ones that were sitting on a pile of currency you told us was made available to ease the gear crunch in game. Penalizing your most dedicated player base because they spent this currency in that fashion is disappointing to say the least.

You have a simple way of fixing this issue. It doesn’t require you to refund GET or change the event in any way.

Create an Achievement Unlock that rewards you GET currency once you completed the Clash on Kamino event.

You have retroactively done this in the past and it would fix the issue of all the players who didn’t spend the GET and allowing them to 7* him. It also rewards the players who stockpiled that currency by paying them back what the used to Star him up. It doesn’t even have to be a full 70k. Just a decent amount to show that you hear us as a community and you care about your customers.

This is honestly a straightforward and easy fix to mend the relationships with your most loyal and paying customers.

The progression system has changed significantly since the introduction of Relics. Darth Malak wasn’t released with the significant bump in stats made available by Relics which would have dramatically effected his viability when he was released. Even at 5* he was a viable option. GAS has a kit built around survivability. The Relic system makes his viability significantly reduced. For a character with the highest investment of gear, Zetas, Relics and the required units we should get the whole product not part of one.

The sooner you address this the better. I have seen numerous launch players quit the game this weekend. Some of them have spent thousands of dollars and just walked away. That’s not how I would want my customers to feel or react when introducing new content. You might want to take care of this before the release of Rise of Skywalker. You have a sure fire season of spending ahead of you that looks like it could be derailed based on how you have handled this release.

Replies

• I for one won't bother spending money for future characters, in light of what's just happened. Why bother, when a 5* unlock means the character is unusable in the short term?

It also doesn't help that I just don't have any emotional attachment to characters in Rise of Skywalker following on from TLJ.
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @Rhod101 I agree. I have been playing a month after launch and I have all but two toons ready for the GAS event. I will be able to unlock him the 2nd time, but I am not looking forward to it.
    He is a 5star unlock with required 7* Gear12 or even relic levels needed to unlock. Plus it will take 70k GET 1 to just 7star him and be useful.

Plus, I am still not done with Malak, because I wasn’t able to hoard as much GET1 because I needed the gear...

GAS should be a 7 star unlock.

I am definitely not looking forward to Rise of Skywalker. TLJ completely ruined the Sequel trilogy for me.
  • I agree 1M%, but I think they will do what they usually do, go into turtle mode and say nothing. They could even have sold shard packs to 7* him after unlocking him, but they apparently don’t want the money.

Malak was not as bad. Why? Because we were only running Hoth, that’s 10K+ GET per TB. Now we’re running Geo which is only 6K (max) GET per TB. 5 months is beyond a joke.
  • A shard mate just raised a good point. The advertising for GAS, a few days ago was all about him being essentially a raid boss, the most powerful character in the game. People spent serious money on the back of that. Now he's unlocked, he can't beat the current meta at 5*, Padme walks all over him, CLS and rebels demolish him too.

So false advertising there, CG? Maybe a few refund requests will be incoming.
  • +1
  • icanectc wrote: »
    But once again crickets from cg about anything.... Im not saying they have to fix him but Jesus communicate... Be part of the bloody community. That's honestly what **** me off more than the way they release content.... The developers community people don't even interact with the community. At least Carrie talked to us from time to time... Which imo still wasn't enough. But since her departure cg has forgotten how to form any sentences at all.

Nah their communication was even worse with she who shall not be named.

At least now they're doing monthly Q&As
  • You guys will still have a very useful team for GAC & TW with a 5* GAS. And you will have an advantage over the ones who don't have him unlocked in those 2 modes. He might not be arena viable at 5* but you can just keep using your regular Malak, GG, Padme teams (or whatever it is that you're using) to get #1 in arena. You paid for a character, you got him. You will be superior to others (the non-unlockers) in TW and GAC; arena will stay the same. So where's the problem?
  • You guys will still have a very useful team for GAC & TW with a 5* GAS. And you will have an advantage over the ones who don't have him unlocked in those 2 modes. He might not be arena viable at 5* but you can just keep using your regular Malak, GG, Padme teams (or whatever it is that you're using) to get #1 in arena. You paid for a character, you got him. You will be superior to others (the non-unlockers) in TW and GAC; arena will stay the same. So where's the problem?

I think the problem is in the following:
    Phase 1 requires
    Windy cap ship, ETA, +3 GR ships
    Which means Mace windy, Anakin, +3 GR characters at g10 or more.
    (5 ships + 5 characters with gear)
    Phase 2 requires
    Padme (requiring 5 seperatists)
    C3P0 (requiring 5 Ewoks)
    Ahsoka and Shaak Ti,
    then General Kenobi (which probably requires some characters to, I don't know, do the tank raid)
    (12 characters + g12/13)
    And finally, the last phase. That one I will give you for free, since you could use those 5 to get Padme, but still need gear.
    In summary: 5 ships, 17 characters, with at least G10 and up to G13.
    I got a 7* Thrawn with a G10 Phoenix team.
    CG has made characters harder to get and less worthwhile, all while demanding more gear and taking more ways to get gear away.

• Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    “The only people that can actually enjoy this character are the ones that were sitting on a pile of currency you told us was made available to ease the gear crunch in game. “

They can’t remember what they said. CG this is not ok you can’t say one thing and then say fooled you this is simple Bait and switch

Uh, how so? Pretty sure a Shaak Ti lead or even a Rex lead with zBarris is better than a 5* GAS lead. I can’t really find any use for him at 5*.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Yup. I invested in getting him too. No GET to take him to 7*. I got him now because I was led to believe there would be a *real* advantage to having him now, even at 5*. If I’d known how average he is at 5*, I would have spent nothing, hoarded tokens and finished the little bit that needed to be done for the event, taken advantage of the inevitable rework/touch up to Assaj Ventress that we all know is coming (just like happened with separatists after Padme), and then gotten him and taken him to 7* when the event eventually returns in 6-9 mths. It will take me that long to save the GET anyway.

No-one is going to go and grab toons on the first release anymore at this rate.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    You guys will still have a very useful team for GAC & TW with a 5* GAS. And you will have an advantage over the ones who don't have him unlocked in those 2 modes. He might not be arena viable at 5* but you can just keep using your regular Malak, GG, Padme teams (or whatever it is that you're using) to get #1 in arena. You paid for a character, you got him. You will be superior to others (the non-unlockers) in TW and GAC; arena will stay the same. So where's the problem?

The problem is that having GS 5* is NOT going to make anyone superior to anyone without him. It will make very little impact at all, if any, and for a meta changing toon likened to a Raid Boss, that is pretty awful behaviour from CG if not addressed. They fixed Malak when this happened with him and Empire, so time to step up again and fix it CG!
  • What amazes me about the rollout of GAS is just how much money CG is giving up by releasing as a 5* character. I am a long time player and I have spent a good deal of money on the game. I am also a hoarder, and I was prepared for this event. I did not spend anything to beat the event and get my 5* GAS so they got no money from me there. It did drain most of my saved resources though to complete the event and right now I have him leveled up to g10 with some decent mods. The only resource I didn't hoard was GET1. So, I'm looking at 2-3 months before I can 7* and relic him. As a guy that spends on the game, I would be willing to drop a few hundred to complete his stars, gear and mods but CG has decided to not allow me that option. In summary, I didn't spend anything to get him and I CAN'T spend anything to level him up! Seems like a REALLY bad business decision on their part. AND, once Arc Trooper comes out, no matter how he might be released, there is NO CHANCE that I will spend money on him because I am so far behind with GAS. Doesn't seem like this was thought out very well on their end...
  • zzWaltzz wrote: »
    What amazes me about the rollout of GAS is just how much money CG is giving up by releasing as a 5* character. I am a long time player and I have spent a good deal of money on the game. I am also a hoarder, and I was prepared for this event. I did not spend anything to beat the event and get my 5* GAS so they got no money from me there. It did drain most of my saved resources though to complete the event and right now I have him leveled up to g10 with some decent mods. The only resource I didn't hoard was GET1. So, I'm looking at 2-3 months before I can 7* and relic him. As a guy that spends on the game, I would be willing to drop a few hundred to complete his stars, gear and mods but CG has decided to not allow me that option. In summary, I didn't spend anything to get him and I CAN'T spend anything to level him up! Seems like a REALLY bad business decision on their part. AND, once Arc Trooper comes out, no matter how he might be released, there is NO CHANCE that I will spend money on him because I am so far behind with GAS. Doesn't seem like this was thought out very well on their end...

As greedy as you think they are, they're not making the game 100% p2w.

They add content while ways to make money
  • Ummm, sorry guys but the game is designed specifically for money to be able to be spent in every single area. No one has to spend money, but the option does exist. Content??? Nice try CG
  • Here's the single most ridiculous thing about GAS opening at 5*.

If you're not sitting on a pile of GET1, then you know the toon is going to worthless in raids and LS Geo TB and other important game modes for at least a period of MONTHS.

By the time the character comes around again, you might still not have enough GET1 to immediately 7* him.

Soooooooo.... why would you spend to get him now, when you can get him to 7* at the exact same time that you would get him to 7* if you bypassed this event and got him the next time around?

If what makes the toon usable is the GET1, and you don't have the GET1 sitting around (which most won't, because of Malak and also because we were told this was a source of gear and we were told we would need high-gear characters to get ready for GAS), why bother with an early unlock process?

Getting the toon to 7* instantly makes spending for him worth it.

Getting the toon to 7* 5 months from now makes it worth spending for him 5 months from now, but you probably won't need to spend for him then, because you've had long enough to plan.

Whooops!
  • If you want a 12 pack, don't buy a 6 pack. We all knew going into this it was a 5 star unlock. I don't like it. I hate it. I feel the same way as you. I really do. But we were full aware we'd be staring at a 5 star dude who may or may not have full zetas.

Just to let you know I tried mine agains a DR team, with no zetas... It went so so.. no horrible.

He's not useless.... small consolation, I know. But we'll have to just take it. But I feel your pain!
  • If you want a 12 pack, don't buy a 6 pack. We all knew going into this it was a 5 star unlock. I don't like it. I hate it. I feel the same way as you. I really do. But we were full aware we'd be staring at a 5 star dude who may or may not have full zetas.

Just to let you know I tried mine agains a DR team, with no zetas... It went so so.. no horrible.

He's not useless.... small consolation, I know. But we'll have to just take it. But I feel your pain!

They described him as likened to a raid boss, we knew he unlocked at 5* yes, but they probably should have mentioned when describing him that he’s only anything like a raid boss at 7* or it really is false advertising tbh.

Think that’s the issue here they made it sound like he was going to be awesome even at 5* kinda like malak was.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    If you want a 12 pack, don't buy a 6 pack. We all knew going into this it was a 5 star unlock. I don't like it. I hate it. I feel the same way as you. I really do. But we were full aware we'd be staring at a 5 star dude who may or may not have full zetas.

No we dont just have to take it and we can voice our opinion and ask for a correction. We might not get it, but if we dont say anything now, the next epic toon will unlock at 3* and the next one at 1*.

If the world was made of people just like you, we would still be living in caves as we would just accept our lot in lives...
  • zzWaltzz wrote: »
    What amazes me about the rollout of GAS is just how much money CG is giving up by releasing as a 5* character. I am a long time player and I have spent a good deal of money on the game. I am also a hoarder, and I was prepared for this event. I did not spend anything to beat the event and get my 5* GAS so they got no money from me there. It did drain most of my saved resources though to complete the event and right now I have him leveled up to g10 with some decent mods. The only resource I didn't hoard was GET1. So, I'm looking at 2-3 months before I can 7* and relic him. As a guy that spends on the game, I would be willing to drop a few hundred to complete his stars, gear and mods but CG has decided to not allow me that option. In summary, I didn't spend anything to get him and I CAN'T spend anything to level him up! Seems like a REALLY bad business decision on their part. AND, once Arc Trooper comes out, no matter how he might be released, there is NO CHANCE that I will spend money on him because I am so far behind with GAS. Doesn't seem like this was thought out very well on their end...

The reason you don’t have the GET1 to 7* is because you’ve presumably spent it on gear. CG is trying to train spenders to not use currency on gear and to use cash on gear instead. That’s how you could have bought 7* GAS.
  • The people that will unlock Malak in the upcoming event will have the same problem: they’ll get a 5* character that can’t compete at all against relic whatever characters so it’s not asif GAS is an isolated issue.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Globuhl wrote: »
    The people that will unlock Malak in the upcoming event will have the same problem: they’ll get a 5* character that can’t compete at all against relic whatever characters so it’s not asif GAS is an isolated issue.
    Not the same problem. Malak is in the game for over 6 months now, anyone who remotely cared about him should have the GET hoarded.

G(A)S was announced less than a week ago (although speculated quite some time now) after a previous update note concerning the use of GET currency for gearing purposes once you are done with Malak. There was virtually no reason to hoard GET after Malak unless you decided you are just not going to believe what they say.

Edit: In addition, 3-4 months before the first Malak event there was a Q&A or Road Ahead blog about future character(s) coming to the GET store. Prior to G(A)S there was one about GET being a source of gear. Hard to compare the two.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    The people that will unlock Malak in the upcoming event will have the same problem: they’ll get a 5* character that can’t compete at all against relic whatever characters so it’s not asif GAS is an isolated issue.
    Not the same problem. Malak is in the game for over 6 months now, anyone who remotely cared about him should have the GET hoarded.

G(A)S was announced less than a week ago (although speculated quite some time now) after a previous update note concerning the use of GET currency for gearing purposes once you are done with Malak. There was virtually no reason to hoard GET after Malak unless you decided you are just not going to believe what they say.

Edit: In addition, 3-4 months before the first Malak event there was a Q&A or Road Ahead blog about future character(s) coming to the GET store. Prior to G(A)S there was one about GET being a source of gear. Hard to compare the two.

There was no previous update note like that. The statement people keep referring to was a statement they had no immediate plans to put someone in the GAC store because they put characters into the GET store. That statement heavily inferred more people would be put into the GET store.
    It’s been a while since a new epic confrontation was mentioned. The same causes have the same effect, if you didn’t hoard it’s on you.
    Globuhl wrote: »
    It’s been a while since a new epic confrontation was mentioned. The same causes have the same effect, if you didn’t hoard it’s on you.
    Obviously it's on me, but then again I'm not overly concerned about facing too many 7* General Skywalker(s) until I'll get mine ready.

I just consider comparing the 3rd event of Malak to the first release of G(A)S ridiculous, to say the least.