Do leadership abilities work when not the leader?

For example, if I zeta gmys leader ability to become immune to shock, will that be active if gmy is not the leader? The wording says that "blah blah, some stuff. Grand master Yoda is immune to shock.

Replies

• Leader abilities only apply when in the leader slot.
  • If you borrow a sixth for light/dark/cantina/mod energy, pick a leader and that leaders abilities ALSO apply.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    If you borrow a sixth for light/dark/cantina/mod energy, pick a leader and that leaders abilities ALSO apply.

This. Note that a couple of abilities don't work with characters in the "borrowed character" slot - bounty hunter bounties, the zeta portion of Revan's Hero ability, and maybe one or two others.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    If you borrow a sixth for light/dark/cantina/mod energy, pick a leader and that leaders abilities ALSO apply.

This. Note that a couple of abilities don't work with characters in the "borrowed character" slot - bounty hunter bounties, the zeta portion of Revan's Hero ability, and maybe one or two others.

I was not aware of this, that's good to know
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

I was not aware of this, that's good to know

They're noted in the ability descriptions, as such:

Jedi Knight Revan is immune to Stun and Ability Block. Revan has +10% Tenacity, Health Steal, Max Health, Max Protection, Critical Hit Avoidance, Defense and Critical Damage. Other Light Side allies gain half these bonuses while Revan is active. These bonuses are doubled while Revan is in the leader slot and not the ally slot.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Leader abilities only apply when in the leader slot.

So all abilities 1-7or8 are pointless to upgrade on characters that you will never use in leader slot? I'm asking, bc I've never thought about all those mats wasted that I could have saved. Is this right?
  • Eastryder wrote: »
    Leader abilities only apply when in the leader slot.

So all abilities 1-7or8 are pointless to upgrade on characters that you will never use in leader slot? I'm asking, bc I've never thought about all those mats wasted that I could have saved. Is this right?

If the character is a Crew Member of a Ship, then Leadership levels will provide power to the Ship just like any other ability.

Ability levels 2-3 are super cheap since they don't use the Purple Mats, so its really Level's 4-8 where its wasted if you are not a Pilot or in the Leader Slot.

• Eastryder wrote: »

That's correct. It's pointless to waste ability mats on the leadership of the likes of Old Daka, Talia, Greedo, Zam, or even Nihilus. Although some of them may come in handy when 3v3 GA is making a comeback at some point (the devs promised to bring it back along with fleet GA modes).
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    Eastryder wrote: »

That's correct. It's pointless to waste ability mats on the leadership of the likes of Old Daka, Talia, Greedo, Zam, or even Nihilus. Although some of them may come in handy when 3v3 GA is making a comeback at some point (the devs promised to bring it back along with fleet GA modes).

Them brining back 3v3 is about as likely as Santa brining me the God **** bike I asked for when I was 7 and never got... I still remember old man!!

Wrong. From last week's Q&A:
    sxlkhx0hupdc.jpg