Joker (Spoilers) [Was It Real?]

NotTheChosenOne
128 posts Member
edited December 2019
I'm asking this on multiple sites but basically, (Spoilers)

Do you think the ending where Joker shoots murray on live TV, then gets freed by having a police cruiser get rammed by a hospital truck real?

Its quite a confusing movie with many mysteries. I mean did he kill his neighbour after finding out he hallucinated their relationship (next scene had an ambulance)

Or did he kill his physiatrist at the ending when he left the asylum room leaving red (blood?) Footprints?

What do y'all think?

Placed spoilers in tags. ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

• wow. thanks for spoiling the ending. I havent even seen the movie yet ;)
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    wow. thanks for spoiling the ending. I havent even seen the movie yet ;)

Lol it's not like it says (spoilers) anywhere ;)

that doesnt stop me from reading it ;)
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

that doesnt stop me from reading it ;)

That's fair ;);)
  • I'll reply to this much more in depth soon, but the movie is amazing and very much embodies "The Killing Joke"'s quote of having a past that's multiple choice.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I'll reply to this much more in depth soon, but the movie is amazing and very much embodies "The Killing Joke"'s quote of having a past that's multiple choice.

And...?
  • Director confirmed Joker did not kill the gal he hallucinated dating. He left her alone. I believe the fridge scene and the relationship are the only things he really hallucinated. The riot and Joker killing Murray makes sense, it was setting him up to be that iconic supervillain everyone knows and loves. The Wayne's getting shot also gives credit to the riot he caused being real.
  • Here's a thought:
    What if Arthur hallucinated being the Joker after seeing the Joker? The movie could be his mind's attempt to reconcile his failed reality with a purposeful one. The Joker could have killed Murray and Arthur sees this in Arkham and begins to construct a reality wherein he was the Joker. That could explain his line to the psychiatrist that they wouldn't get the joke, the joke being he wasn't the Joker afterall.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    yes.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

First of all you didn't miss anything second of all its the only thing that happened in the whole film after seeming like hours of drivel and last but not least its was a waste of time