Relics with star level

Would relics be more accepted if instead or requiring g13 they required star counts? 3 star toon can push to relic level 3. 5 star to relic level 5? Not sure how it would impact newer players but would make these 5 star unlocks less demoralizing.

It also lines up well unless they plan on just doing relic levels from here on out.

Also would need lower relic gear acquired at lower cantina nodes for younger players.

Replies

• Relics is nothing more than g14, though players were promised something new but who really believes CG keeping their word...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Relics is nothing more than g14, though players were promised something new but who really believes CG keeping their word...

Relics are much easier to obtain than and entire tier worth of gear. Signal data is farmed in cantina nodes, so isn't limited to 5 attempts per day. As such it isn't in "competition" with other farms (hard nodes, "finishers", kryos, etc.) There is at least one "lesser" gear requirement at each tier past 4, for players who are in active guilds.

And while it is technically another "progression grind" like gear, it doesn't increase speed - instead focusing on other stats which, in effect, balances speed in some ways.

I do think keeping relics at g13 makes sense though. Primarily because most "end-game" players already have finished farming most of the useful characters from cantina. Newer players would be forced to choose - and that could lead to some very poorly developed rosters that are very top-heavy, but very much useless outside of arena.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Relics are not the hard farm (at least not up to R5). GL13 is.

Instead of stars, look at gear level - I always thought it could have been fun to start adding relics at a lower gear tier though. Perhaps R1 available at GL8, R2 ar GL9, etc. That would make it possible for players to focus more on toons that they like, rather than what is dictated by the current metas, since a GL9R2 Ugnaught may be able to beat a GL12 Revan (unlikely, but you get the picture).

It would add variety and customization to the game for mid level players, while still maintaining a fairly well defined meta that is mostly available to big spenders that can take any new toons to GL13R7 quickly. It would mean greater options to fall back to your favorite team when a new meta is introduced, at least until everyone has that new team GL-ed and Relic-ed.

As it is now, Relics do not offer any customization - actually the opposite, since it forces you to invest even more into any single character, that may eventually fall out of favor, and you have to start on another.

IMO, There is no reason to add Relics to lower star levels. Even a mid level player has all of their (usefull) roster at 7*, and I think that it is a reasonable requirement and grind for having access to any Relics.

I suspect that suggestion is only around because of GAS. There is no reason to change the game for one irrelevant character, that had a release that everyone knew would work exactly as it did. If you didn't hoard GET, you weren't ready for the event (to produce a useful toon) - it's that simple.
  • I have said this other places but Relics should open at G8 and relic shards should be farmed from a new game mode instead of Cantina. They basically threw their younger accounts under the bus for a quick payday.
  • And it's not something new and "every iconic toon gonna get their unique Relics" what was announced - just bald nearly same stats increase tied to g13 requirements. It's not a content :D
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Relics is nothing more than g14, though players were promised something new but who really believes CG keeping their word...
    What promise did they break? They were very open about what it was and how it'd work when they announced it.

Just because you don't like it doesn't change the fact they did exactly what they said they'd do.
    Still not a he.
  • Straegen wrote: »
    I have said this other places but Relics should open at G8 and relic shards should be farmed from a new game mode instead of Cantina. They basically threw their younger accounts under the bus for a quick payday.

No. Forcing younger accounts to chose between characters and relic signal data in cantina nodes by having relics available before g13 would have been "throwing their younger accounts under the bus for a quick payday."

Encouraging younger rosters to develop a complete roster before moving on to relics allows newer players to focus on things needed at their level of play.

Besides, explain to me how making people wait makes them more money?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*