Do you consider deathstorm a cheese?

Prev1
It was a discussion. I want to know popular opinion.

Replies

• ronnio wrote: »
    It was a discussion. I want to know popular opinion.

Personally, no. I think it is fair game, since it isn't breaking the mechanics built into the game. My opinion is that if there is an unintended reaction, that is on the developers who released it.
  • There are legitimate cheeses. Nightsisters are cheesy by design in all areas of the game.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    There are legitimate cheeses. Nightsisters are cheesy by design in all areas of the game.

No worse than JKR Jolee revive mechanics
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    definetely cheese, but at this point it seems unlikely they'll patch it (like they said they would once geo TB was lauched iirc). I've been wrong before though, so don't blame me if you invest, but it gets patched anyway.
    please ignore, wrong team.
    Post edited by leef on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    never tried it. the ns/jka team is awesome tho
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

That reminds me...where is baldie?? He used to whine about that nonstop.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

He's preparing the novel about the apocalypse brought by GAS.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

He's preparing the novel about the apocalypse brought by GAS.

Which will be shortly followed by Edward's book: "I told you not to unlock him (A millionaire's guide to being FTP - sometimes)"
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    definetely cheese, but at this point it seems unlikely they'll patch it (like they said they would once geo TB was lauched iirc). I've been wrong before though, so don't blame me if you invest, but it gets patched anyway.

Deathstorm is not the JKA team that CG has said they will look at after LSTB. Deathstorm is a full NS team, and as such cannot get into a loop like the JKA team can.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm horrible with team names, please ignore my previous comment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

It's not your fault people insist on coming up with the ridiculous things.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Or use initials. Just one of my pet peeves. As for the Anakin/ Nightsister combo, I like calling it Darthstorm.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Or use initials. Just one of my pet peeves. As for the Anakin/ Nightsister combo, I like calling it Darthstorm.

We have three Anakins now though, so you would have to type out "the Jedi Knight Anakin / Nightsister combo" every time and ain't nobody got time for that.
  • StarSon wrote: »

We have three Anakins now though, so you would have to type out "the Jedi Knight Anakin / Nightsister combo" every time and ain't nobody got time for that.

3 Anakins?

But it would be funner to write out the jedi knight Anakin from episode 3, before he became bacon incarnate and the sisters of the night who scared the sith out of the... sith. Yeah.. it is kinda wordy, but a great name for an indie punk band. lol
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Don't you dare claim Vader is an Anakin. That's like claiming a pop tart is a sandwich.

*cue sandwich alignment chart*
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I guess we have to define what you mean by cheese. It’s a “cheap trick” type of team, for sure. But it’s something that operates within the confines of the game, so it’s a legal team, and I don’t really support banning it by guilds.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don’t really support banning it by guilds.

I don't think your opinion really matters on the subject other than in your one guild.

Or eight guilds, maybe.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I guess we have to define what you mean by cheese. It’s a “cheap trick” type of team, for sure. But it’s something that operates within the confines of the game, so it’s a legal team, and I don’t really support banning it by guilds.
    My guild banned it but I think it should be allowed. For the same reasons stated here.
  • TVF wrote: »

I don't think your opinion really matters on the subject other than in your one guild.

Or eight guilds, maybe.

Nobody’s opinion really matters at all here. That’s kind of what forums are for though.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I guess we have to define what you mean by cheese. It’s a “cheap trick” type of team, for sure. But it’s something that operates within the confines of the game, so it’s a legal team, and I don’t really support banning it by guilds.
    My guild banned it but I think it should be allowed. For the same reasons stated here.

The biggest reason I objected was that it’s not enforceable. People will just do it but “only” get 50% or something like that. And heck, deathstorm can solo the phase anyways without Anakin, it just takes really good RNG.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Or eight guilds, maybe.

Nobody’s opinion really matters at all here. That’s kind of what forums are for though.

The forums are for you saying what other guilds should do, which is no one's business but their own?

k
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Duplicate
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited October 2019

Or eight guilds, maybe.

The forums are for you saying what other guilds should do, which is no one's business but their own?

k

He said he doesn't support banning the practice. Gee, how dare he answer the OP?!?!?!

You really should control your own word salad instead of trying to put words into other people's mouths there kiddo.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    He literally posted "I don’t really support banning it by guilds."

And his follow up was not "I only meant for my guild" now was it? If that's what he meant, he could have said so with the second post.

• I thought his initial post was clear and I understood what he meant by the "banning by guilds" thing.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    TBF, Bulldog probably has good reason to dislike bans of any kind.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ronnio wrote: »
    I thought his initial post was clear and I understood what he meant by the "banning by guilds" thing.

Again, he could have said so in the follow-up, but instead he decided to tell me what the forums are for. Ok.
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited October 2019

I thought his initial post was clear and I understood what he meant by the "banning by guilds" thing.

Again, he could have said so in the follow-up, but instead he decided to tell me what the forums are for. Ok.

And yet, you obviously feel your opinion of his opinion holds weight.

Ok...

And yet, you obviously feel your opinion of his opinion holds weight.

Ok...

(edit to note): I'm not trying to be an ***. Reading it back to myself it sounds like I am, but it's not my intention. I just don't understand the logic of who's opinion supposedly matters. Why is your opinion of him more valid than his opinion of guilds banning Deathstorm?

He posted a response to the topic. And said his piece. Which really didn't need further explanation.

You came in and busted his balls. And yet, didn't bother to make mention of your opinion on the topic. Keep trolling.

Ok?