Did GAS paid off?

Devian
663 posts Member
edited October 2019
So, half the ppl who got Malak on first attempt got GAS judging from swgoh.gg (the price is higher by ~25%, the ppl who bought GAS - lower by ~50%)
Was the billing strategy worth it?
Did those nasty minnows finally ****? =D Or cash do?

Think or sink

Replies

• Devian wrote: »
    So, half the ppl who got Malak on first attempt got GAC judging from swgoh.gg (the price is higher by ~25%, the ppl who bought GAC - lower by ~50%)
    Yes, Grand Arena Championships were a worthwile update.
    So, half the ppl who got Malak on first attempt got GAC judging from swgoh.gg (the price is higher by ~25%, the ppl who bought GAC - lower by ~50%)

General "Anakin" ... Cywalker?

That's the best I've got. :neutral:

Ah, lol. Yes, GAS ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »

General "Anakin" ... Cywalker?

That's the best I've got. :neutral:

Why not just throw an "R" in there?! It would have been so much funnier.
    tumblr_inline_o1trrcZzda1th8j8u_250.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It’s way too early to even ask this question.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    It’s way too early to even ask this question.

Forums like to ask questions about things that don't even exist yet.

Everyone is already mad at how terrible Jedi Luke is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Considering people are turning their backs on the game I'd say it was totally worth it for them if closing the game for good fairly soon is the end game.

Maybe after ep9 they are moving on to other projects and trying to break the news to as few players as possible.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    GAS paid off for me, because I get so much entertainment from the forums.
  • I've seen some of the testing videos. He will be at 7 stars. But at 5, you need to find places for him. His leader ability is so unique and specific, that - it's almost unfair to say anything unless he's within his intended group.

Marking him where he's at with a GP or Jedi group just isn't going to be a fair assessment.

So when I have him at 7 stars and g13 and Relic 7 in 5 months, I'll get back to you...

But I guess that's about when he will show again and everyone will have him max and you'll be able to report on this again!
  • I think this will be just like DR. He won’t be that great until arc trooper joins the team.
  • MSUjboots wrote: »
    I think this will be just like DR. He won’t be that great until arc trooper joins the team.

Arc Trooper will make him worse against Padmé teams, not better. Just saying.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So, half the ppl who got Malak on first attempt got GAS judging from swgoh.gg (the price is higher by ~25%, the ppl who bought GAS - lower by ~50%)

Think or sink

Are you sure about the final number of units? I vaguely remember first time malaks to be 5k, and there are 6.1k gases.
  • @TVF

That's not fair. I'm not mad about how terrible Jedi Luke is, not per se. I'm just mad that EA/CG still hasn't responded to community concerns about him. It's the poor communication on the issue that gets me.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    No_Try wrote: »

Think or sink

Are you sure about the final number of units? I vaguely remember first time malaks to be 5k, and there are 6.1k gases.
    I remember 13k Malaks myself. And 872 of them - ftp, Carrie said. But some states there were 15k Malaks

Post edited by Devian on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Think or sink

I remember 13k Malaks myself. And 872 of them - ftp, Carrie said. But some states there were 15k Malaks

Yeah I browsed back topics. Memory failed me. CG managed to cut it to less than half then.

In my pure f2p guild, it's 12/100. This much surely surprised me, everyone who managed it dumped their piles. Certainly a worse outcome than Malak for even most competetive f2p. So maybe mission accomplished as far as CG is concerned hehe.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Think or sink

Yeah I browsed back topics. Memory failed me. CG managed to cut it to less than half then.

In my pure f2p guild, it's 12/100. This much surely surprised me, everyone who managed it dumped their piles. Certainly a worse outcome than Malak for even most competetive f2p. So maybe mission accomplished as far as CG is concerned hehe.

Of course they dumped their piles. Cg stated the requirements were 17.7k. For malak, it was beatable just a little above the min they announced.

Sadly, they failed to mention that without g13 on a few toons from each team, you really stood no chance until the event started.

I'm sure several ftp like myself dropped their stash believing they could make it only to still fall short. How many. Who knows?

And for the record, if they want the requirements to be high, fine. But they should disclose that up front.

Also if relics are going to be the new normal, it's time to relieve the stungun crunch. They already milked the whales on this event, it's time to make getting teams up to relic levels more realistic for players that aren't super hardcore.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Think or sink

Of course they dumped their piles. Cg stated the requirements were 17.7k. For malak, it was beatable just a little above the min they announced.

Sadly, they failed to mention that without g13 on a few toons from each team, you really stood no chance until the event started.

I'm sure several ftp like myself dropped their stash believing they could make it only to still fall short. How many. Who knows?

And for the record, if they want the requirements to be high, fine. But they should disclose that up front.

Also if relics are going to be the new normal, it's time to relieve the stungun crunch. They already milked the whales on this event, it's time to make getting teams up to relic levels more realistic for players that aren't super hardcore.

Same for me, I'm quite above the reqs and still didn't make the last g13 needs without having a pile (did Malak 1st time without a pile xD). "reccomended" is a slippery word though. Previously we managed to cut quite a lot below the reccomended of the events. This time way less so.

Going from here, for anyone that's not a high spender it's better to see the event and the prize first before dumping anything. Having to hoard finishers, 12+s for events like this will hurt me a lot since there's even less room to experiment now.

Maybe they'll cut us a slack with leg/hero events. If CG takes the relic threshold this event establishes for granted, player numbers will keep dwindling.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Maybe they'll cut us a slack with leg/hero events. If CG takes the relic threshold this event establishes for granted, player numbers will keep dwindling.
    They can make another epic for g13, from the upcoming legendary and call it 'mythic legendary - new experience that never happened before' and milk another bunch of whales.
    That's pessimistic side, that won't help making more but still gives some cash. So as I said 'think or sink'
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    @TVF

That's not fair. I'm not mad about how terrible Jedi Luke is, not per se. I'm just mad that EA/CG still hasn't responded to community concerns about him. It's the poor communication on the issue that gets me.

@MasterSeedy you missed the point by a country mile. Might want to read what I wrote again.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    @TVF

@MasterSeedy you missed the point by a country mile. Might want to read what I wrote again.

I dunno, I think it's worth discussing the nuances of JLS's kit. Frankly if they expected him to take over the meta they should have focused less on defensive abilities and more on speed and turn meter manipulation.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    @TVF

I dunno, I think it's worth discussing the nuances of JLS's kit. Frankly if they expected him to take over the meta they should have focused less on defensive abilities and more on speed and turn meter manipulation.

But five zetas!!! For that, he should be more dominating. And giving him out at 3* and only giving shards via crystals was a slap in the face with a salmon to all f2p players.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Cg stated the requirements were 17.7k. For malak, it was beatable just a little above the min they announced.

Sadly, they failed to mention that without g13 on a few toons from each team, you really stood no chance until the event started....

And for the record, if they want the requirements to be high, fine. But they should disclose that up front....

This. And also not say that the toon will be like having a Raid Boss, when, at release without going to 7*, it’s more like a steaming pile of Rancor poo than the Rancor itself. But since we can all solo the Rancor raid, what they really meant by saying “it’s like a raid boss” is “it’s like having a toon who can be solo defeated by just about anyone”.
  • A party with friends and stakes would paid off more.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    A party with friends and stakes would paid off more.

Like high stakes? Or anti-vampire stakes?
  • Sadly, they failed to mention that without g13 on a few toons from each team, you really stood no chance until the event started.
    The datamine showing their recommendation was R3 across the board came maybe one day after the requirement announcement. And if you missed the datamine, it was there for everyone to see after the update. It makes sense to panic farm right away, but it doesn't make sense to spend your whole gear stash right away. The smarter move is to try to lowball it than add gear as necessary. There were plenty of folks who spent their gear stash and never unlocked, but I doubt any of them got R3 everyone and still failed.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Lesson learned, if you're not a whale, observe 1st pass and then you know exactly what you need for 2nd pass. If you spend some, maybe you buy some of the gear packs they sell, relic packs, but hoard. That way you're not refreshing the shops for crystals, doing 200 and 400 refreshes or worse to get those last few pieces of gear, for example
    TommySitt wrote: »
    By now if you're a smart non-whale you have every event toon thar came out, and it's been proven again and again that every new meta has counters that you already own. Even 7 star GAS has a solid counter, ask around and you'll find out.
    Yes, thank you for your wisdom. Pity it's not related to the main theme.
    And a little update to your post. not just crystals, but gear as well, 5 pieces of every single one and now parts for relics. And GET to upgrade 5* to 7*! and nearly 10-11 zetas =D
    And that's only this event. The next epic gonna require additionally to this - 7* mods, lvl 90 and relic abilities if I'm correct XD