Good try, but a FTP is still alive

Prev1345
Kazeb
39 posts Member
edited October 2019
I just did it. I get GAS as a full ftp.
It s totally useless cos I have no GET and no more gear and no more purple at all, but I did it.
And to be honest this event sucks: I farmed every useful things as soon as possible, and you force me to burn all my purple in 1299 packs cos shaakti was never in store.
You ask for droid faction without GG, you ask for padme team without anakin...

Thanks for https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjEReG2xC6I&feature=youtu.be .
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Shaak Ti was at least 3 times in weekly shipments FYI.

Congrats anyway, nicely done!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    If you farmed her beforehand you would have saved "purple."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wierd flex, but okay.
  • You forgot: They make us have at least 7 star g11 Anakin the lesser for his ship the ETA, but we never need him.
  • You forgot: They make us have at least 7 star g11 Anakin the lesser for his ship the ETA, but we never need him.

Wdym, padmé with both anakins, GK & GMY can auto DR & Malak.
  • Obviously F2P is still alive I mean GAS 501st isnt even the best team in the game
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    With the right planning a F2P can get anything. Problem is that it is a big gamble on spending resources to put you in the best position to get the event toons like General Anakin. If one isn't prepared then they may have to shell out hundreds of dollars. We get only a few days notice on what the requirements are for unlock.

I can clobber any Dr team with Shaak ti, Anakin the lesser and the clones. It's a joke. Just like Anakin 5 star unlock is a freaking joke of epic proportions. Absutely a joke. Anyway I digress...

I can clobber any Dr team with Shaak ti, Anakin the lesser and the clones. It's a joke. Just like Anakin 5 star unlock is a freaking joke of epic proportions. Absutely a joke. Anyway I digress...

That's the norm for epic confrontations.

I mean it was obvious with Malak being like that
  • TVF wrote: »

Often you annoy me, this time you made me laugh.

i farmed her from the first day with a refresh on her node every day. 140 shards missing when event was announced. basically two refreshes were needed and would have saved me 10k "purple".

For a FTP such a focus is a waste of cristal and it s the first time i regret not to have done it.

for all event before GAS, it was possible to buy at 80 purple for a shard, all needed shards in a few days. the world has changed and new ftp will have more trouble getting requirement for event cos they need to focus farm and wrong choice will mean no event...
  • @TVF I both call you out and compliment you and your a no-show... I’m almost disappointed. Perhaps your too busy saving up purple

🤦‍♂️ Classic TVF
  • Kazeb wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

i farmed her from the first day with a refresh on her node every day. 140 shards missing when event was announced. basically two refreshes were needed and would have saved me 10k "purple".

For a FTP such a focus is a waste of cristal and it s the first time i regret not to have done it.

for all event before GAS, it was possible to buy at 80 purple for a shard, all needed shards in a few days. the world has changed and new ftp will have more trouble getting requirement for event cos they need to focus farm and wrong choice will mean no event...

One refresh a day isn't enough if the toon is going to be needed. Two or three is the minimum for getting shards in time.

But don't feel bad. At least you unlocked. I spent 30k in crystals I had saved and got toons up to the requirements only to still not unlock because it was geared to relics not 17.7k toons.

They should habe disclosed that when they announced the event along with the minimum. Had they done that I would have probably not bothered and just waited until next time.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Kazeb wrote: »

One refresh a day isn't enough if the toon is going to be needed. Two or three is the minimum for getting shards in time.

But don't feel bad. At least you unlocked. I spent 30k in crystals I had saved and got toons up to the requirements only to still not unlock because it was geared to relics not 17.7k toons.

They should habe disclosed that when they announced the event along with the minimum. Had they done that I would have probably not bothered and just waited until next time.

They should have added a recommended in my opinion. Although this did come out in the datamining. My Droidekka barely made the cut with GP, but I had relic 3 on B1 and Ventress with the rest gear 12 with some 12 pieces so the minimum requirements worked if you could make up for it with higher gear on other toons. Couldn't manage it till I got B1 to relic 3. A zeta on Droidekka would have helped a lot for damage as well, but I didn't have the zeta.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Exactly.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

The gear gate has been creeping with every new event. Last event was G12 or G11+zeta. It was obvious that this one would push to G12+ with the introduction of relics, so it was therefore obvious 17.7k would not be enough. With that said, I was surprised myself to see a couple of relic'd toons were necessary, but planning ahead took care of that for me.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

🤦‍♂️ Classic TVF

Sorry I keep telling the truth and it bothers you.
  • Kazeb wrote: »

I agree with the sentiment albiet the wording being a little choppy. One of the difficulties of this particular event is that many players had to "guess right" on a great many things - and for f2p one wrong guess can leave them out in the cold. Whether it wasn't having enough gear on their sep droids to finish p4, not refreshing Shaak Ti and coming up short there or not having Eta-2 at 7* (raises hand). Honestly, if Eta-2 wouldn't have been included, I had enough crystal stashed to make the rest happen.

All of that said, I will easily get him the second time around - and by that time also have enough gear, zetas and GET1 to take him to 7*. And that's cool with me.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    If someone keeps guessing right though, at some point it's not actually a guess.
    If someone keeps guessing right though, at some point it's not actually a guess.

While that's a wonderfully glib answer, that's paper-thin logic - even for you. ;)

Unless someone has "inside information" (let's not debate this here), everyone is guessing to an extent until requirements for a particular event are actually announced. Sure, there can be some well thought out and educated "guesses" - but, since CG has virtually changed the rules for every event (Malak being one of the first to require characters of a specific power level, GAS being the first character to ever require ships, etc.) it's still guessing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • One refresh isnt enough to get it 7* before events that s for sure but when you have multiple choice to farm, it s better not to focus and wait to know what is exactly needed to rush. most of my toons are 6* and i ll wait to finish them if needed, priorizing toons not farmed at all. as a ftp you wanted to avoid to need more than x shards for an event, so what is important is to have possible required toons at 6* or close when announced.

well it was. now with only pack to get shards 140 shards costs me close to 15k purple :(
    for JTR it cost me nothing except daily refreshes, close to 2 months to get the shards
    for revan and drevan it cost me 20k (+daily refreshes) for the whole team, with required gear, 3 weeks was not so bad and you could finish safely the last day with the 80/shard shop offer.

now for only 140 shards, it cost me more than for the whole team for previous event (maybe 400 shards ?).

it sucks.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

While that's a wonderfully glib answer, that's paper-thin logic - even for you. ;)

Unless someone has "inside information" (let's not debate this here), everyone is guessing to an extent until requirements for a particular event are actually announced. Sure, there can be some well thought out and educated "guesses" - but, since CG has virtually changed the rules for every event (Malak being one of the first to require characters of a specific power level, GAS being the first character to ever require ships, etc.) it's still guessing.

How's that paper-thin logic though?
    If you're prepared for anything and everthing, there's little to no guessing involved, even if they virtually change the rules for every event.
    I would also like to point out that for this particular event it wasn't necessary to "guess" the requirements, if you're on top of your game you would have all the required characters. No one is saying that they knew this event would require these toons (aside from shaak).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Perhaps the point is that if you're prepared for anything then you don't actually have to guess right at all.
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    In 2018, super dedicated f2p could compete at the highest levels, that is simply not the case in the 2nd half of 2019.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    capifico22 wrote: »
    In 2018, super dedicated f2p could compete at the highest levels, that is simply not the case in the 2nd half of 2019.

What makes you say that?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    I'm doing better right now than I was in 2018. My first time hitting the squad arena leader boards came after the introduction of relics, and I made kyber last GAC.
    Still not a he.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    capifico22 wrote: »

Perhaps you mean to say that more super dedicated f2p characters could compete at the highest levels?
  • at this point i can say that i can compete as a full ftp (that was the point of the thread), but it s harder each time , despite i am stronger than never (no more usefull toon to farm at this moment).