"Our aim is to speed up that gameplay, make it a lot more dynamic..."

DarkstarSunrise
570 posts Member
edited October 2019
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/165361/the-road-ahead-april-5-2018
Referenced here and in other dev posts related to ships 2.0 they stated they wanted to speed up ship combat and make it feel more like a dog fight.

How do you feel Negotiator has helped to this end? M-F battles, win or lose, usually took about 30-60 seconds. My experience with Negotiator is that ship battles now routinely time-out, mirror match or vs. M-F rebels.

Replies

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    When I fight Negotiatior it's a little faster than mirrors, but still less than 2 minutes. Definitely much better than it was originally.
    Though, you're barking up the wrong tree, because they've abandoned ships and don't care about that game mode even a little.
  • My team is strong, all g13/g12, times out as often as anything.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    StarSon wrote: »
    Though, you're barking up the wrong tree, because they've abandoned ships and don't care about that game mode even a little.

I'm going to laugh so hard when the next raid requires strong ships and people are screeching that they can't post damage because "ships don't matter."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I’m only facing the clock when I’m using rebels vs Negotiator

I win in a minute vs rebels using negotiatior and it takes 2 minutes in a mirror (against slower Negotiators)
  • StarSon wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they have already said the next raid will have a ship phase so ignore ships at your own peril

• What is up with Negotiators epileptic attack? It's so annoying.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they have already said the next raid will have a ship phase so ignore ships at your own peril

I didn't say ignore them. Just pointed out that 3 years after their release they've done nothing with them, and we can't even build properly synergy teams with what we have.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I have seen no timeouts yet, either I win or get wrecked (not really depending on the enemy fleet) well before that. But I'm still using Mil F against Nego.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    "...don't care about game mode..." is not always a bad thing - at least they don't make it worse by ship mods or relics :D
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I'm enjoying fighting the one guy in my shard that uses a Negotiator, just because it's a change from the endless Falcon/HT/BiggsOrMaybeBistan mirror matches I've been coasting through for 6 months. It's not difficult to beat right now, but I could see it being a real bear once people have 7* Negotiators.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I have my 5* Negotiator and Relic Anakin with 7* ETA. I've got my g12 clones. Everything is ready for me to use Negotiator, but...

My shard is ALWAYS behind the meta. I'm not sure why, but I generally lead everyone. It was my Thrawn fleet that everyone copied once I decided to start taking #1 in fleet every day. With the Ackbar/Falcon meta, I had a 7* Falcon but my Ackbar was g11 and I had other gear priorities. So I kept using my Thrawn fleet. As soon as someone showed up with an Ackbar squad using a 5* Falcon, I toyed with them, still using Thrawn. A couple others started using sub-par Falcons with Ackbar (usually a sub-par Ackbar as well), but my shard continued to be dominated by the Thrawn fleet that I had pioneered. Then one day I got terrible RNG against someone using Ackbar + 6* Falcon and actually lost. I put in my g11 Ackbar fleet, trounced them, and then pushed Ackbar's gear to G12 +3/6 over the next few days.

As soon as I did that, the rest of the shard slowly followed. Within a month, 75% of folks were running Ackbar and way more than half of those were running my starting lineup. I just kept racking up #1 finishes, and still do. The only days I don't finish #1 are when I'm too busy to play near payout.

Now I could change to Negotiator - mine is as maxed as it can be at 5* and my GK is g12 +5/6. But what would be the fun in that? I can string out this meta where it's still easy to take #1 every day until some young gun show up with a 5* Negotiator and 6* ETA, but by that time I'll have a 7* Negotiator ready to drop and deliver some shock and awe to a shard that's just not prepared.

The longer I delay in showing them what the Negotiator can do, the longer I'll have to dominate the new meta b/c the rest of the peeps on my shard just won't prioritize investing in a new meta until AFTER it changes.

I love having that secret, holdout weapon. I'll keep it in my pocket until I actually need it, constantly improving it behind the scenes, to give my competitors as big a surprise as possible when I finally pull it out.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    > Actually believing you are the sole person controlling the meta shift

Buddy, they are either gearing their toons or working on collecting GET or hoarding for malevolence

The entire shard isn’t clueless about negotiator and what it can do
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    As soon as someone showed up with an Ackbar squad using a 5* Falcon, I toyed with them, still using Thrawn. A couple others started using sub-par Falcons with Ackbar (usually a sub-par Ackbar as well), but my shard continued to be dominated by the Thrawn fleet that I had pioneered. Then one day I got terrible RNG against someone using Ackbar + 6* Falcon and actually lost. I put in my g11 Ackbar fleet, trounced them, and then pushed Ackbar's gear to G12 +3/6 over the next few days.

Naracistic much?

My favourite bit is the one above: where he says he always sets the meta for his shard, then *follows* someone else’s decision to run Home One/Falcon, but it’s still HIM that set the new meta. I LOL’d at that one.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Tiig wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    As soon as someone showed up with an Ackbar squad using a 5* Falcon, I toyed with them, still using Thrawn. A couple others started using sub-par Falcons with Ackbar (usually a sub-par Ackbar as well), but my shard continued to be dominated by the Thrawn fleet that I had pioneered. Then one day I got terrible RNG against someone using Ackbar + 6* Falcon and actually lost. I put in my g11 Ackbar fleet, trounced them, and then pushed Ackbar's gear to G12 +3/6 over the next few days.

Naracistic much?

My favourite bit is the one above: where he says he always sets the meta for his shard, then *follows* someone else’s decision to run Home One/Falcon, but it’s still HIM that set the new meta. I LOL’d at that one.

I just like the fact that he seems to truly believe no one knows how good the Negotiator is. Yeah pal, no one knows but you.

Hey bud, since you're setting the meta and all can you fix the squad arena meta too? You got a secret Padme team? Or a secret Shaak Ti team in the works? 🤣

What if someone drops the Negotiator before you do? You have a counter meta in the works? 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
  • Naracistic much?

Or strategic. And a better speller. I suppose it's your choice how you want to interpret the evidence.
    My favourite bit is the one above: where he says he always sets the meta for his shard, then *follows* someone else’s decision to run Home One/Falcon, but it’s still HIM that set the new meta.

First, I love how you think you can tell gender from ... whatever the heck you think is evidence of gender here. Trapped in your own assumptions much?

Second, we had a total of 3 Ackbars in top 20 for about 5 months. None of them had been top 20 before they adopted Ackbar/Falcon. Only 2 of them ever reached first place and that was rare. Mostly those two finished 4-10 and the third one finished top10 rarely.

After 5 months I had bad RNG, put in my Ackbar fleet and kept it there. Within a week of my changing we had 5 or 6 new Ackbar teams, and within a month no one was finishing first anymore without Ackbar.

3 teams in the top 20 is not meta. All the #1 squads + about 15 teams out of the top 20 is meta.

If you're not the dominant team, you're not meta. Before I switched, the dominant team and almost all #1 finishers were Thrown. After I switched, every single #1 team and the vast majority of top 20s were Ackbar.

So yeah, I actually did lead the meta.

And again, I don't know why my shard is backwards and slow to change metas. I know for me it was about having a non-optimal Ackbar and other gear priorities. But my ships are generally good enough that with the last 2 meta changes I was the leading edge even if I might not be would not be leading edge on other shards.

My general point, though, is that it's not always better to shift to the coming meta. Sticking with something proven while in the background constantly improving the ships or toons you can see will soon be meta is a viable strategy that's worked for me.
  • Naracistic much?

Or strategic. And a better speller. I suppose it's your choice how you want to interpret the evidence.
    My favourite bit is the one above: where he says he always sets the meta for his shard, then *follows* someone else’s decision to run Home One/Falcon, but it’s still HIM that set the new meta.

First, I love how you think you can tell gender from ... whatever the heck you think is evidence of gender here. Trapped in your own assumptions much?

Second, we had a total of 3 Ackbars in top 20 for about 5 months. None of them had been top 20 before they adopted Ackbar/Falcon. Only 2 of them ever reached first place and that was rare. Mostly those two finished 4-10 and the third one finished top10 rarely.

After 5 months I had bad RNG, put in my Ackbar fleet and kept it there. Within a week of my changing we had 5 or 6 new Ackbar teams, and within a month no one was finishing first anymore without Ackbar.

3 teams in the top 20 is not meta. All the #1 squads + about 15 teams out of the top 20 is meta.

If you're not the dominant team, you're not meta. Before I switched, the dominant team and almost all #1 finishers were Thrown. After I switched, every single #1 team and the vast majority of top 20s were Ackbar.

And again, I don't know why my shard is backwards and slow to change metas. I know for me it was about having a non-optimal Ackbar and other gear priorities. But my ships are generally good enough that with the last 2 meta changes I was the leading edge even if I might not be would not be leading edge on other shards.

My general point, though, is that it's not always better to shift to the coming meta. Sticking with something proven while in the background constantly improving the ships or toons you can see will soon be meta is a viable strategy that's worked for me.

On the internet, especially in gaming, everyone is a male until we see you in the person with birth cert.

#2 & #3
    I believe you. Our guild leader has a good ship squad. But has held top spot, like forever in his shard. I'd venture to say, my ship squad is better, but -alas, I don't often do more than 1 ship battle a day and I hold top 40... So, what you say is feasible.And I'm not in his ship shard, so the dynamics, along with yours could be totally different than mine or anyone else's.

Lastly, do your best to ignore the negativity here and just be happy you are you. Take pride in that fact and never let people get you down. They're not worth it. You tried to share some helpful tips, and got scorned for it?

Not from me. Carry on.

• @taquillasun

Thanks! You're awesome.
  • If you're timing out in a Negotiator battle it's because you were gonna lose and you're just trying to delay the inevitable.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Naracistic much?

1) a) This game is mostly males
    b) No woman I have ever encountered demonstrates the levels of arrogance you do;
    So while I may be wrong, it’s a safe assumption.

2) all I heard was “blah blah blah I’m the greatest, I set the meta even when following the meta, blah blah blah”
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    If you're timing out in a Negotiator battle it's because you were gonna lose and you're just trying to delay the inevitable.

Entirely untrue.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    If you're timing out in a Negotiator battle it's because you were gonna lose and you're just trying to delay the inevitable.

Entirely untrue.

This. I've timed out almost once a day since the Negotiator first hit. I would say about 75% of the time, I was on the way to victory. Honestly, once JKA, AT and/or HMF is gone, it's just a boring bunch of tanks with all kinds of defensive buffs trying to pound through each other (usually HT, Fives, Plo, Rex, Sarge, etc.)

There are enough people who already dislike ships. Creating a new time-out meta is not the best way to make the mode enjoyable.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hah yeah let's all just compare a 5* capital ship to a 7* capital ship.

Because hey, its not like that matters