Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Simo
    60 posts Member
    What would be super amaze balls would be an after game action replay
  • How did #1 players in the GAC leaderboard get such high scores this early in the GAC? (Most feats require GAC battles)
  • 7nvuq8mnl59d.jpg
    Can anyone explain how they got these points even before the first battle?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakuu501 wrote: »
    7nvuq8mnl59d.jpg
    Can anyone explain how they got these points even before the first battle?

@Jakuu501
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215091/over-2-500-gac-banners-already-how#latest
  • Come on guys 35 more comments and we hit 1,000

Maybe a dev will respond once we hit 1,000 comments?
  • Come on guys 35 more comments and we hit 1,000

No chance of a reply on this as from the rumours there is now only 1 person working on these cheat reports so anyone who has messaged levethian for the past who knows how long are sitting waiting on nothing as they are not doing this job anymore and will not be rplying to messages.
    funny how there has been no post made to say message lucifersdaddy only now for these cheat reports unlike when we were all told to ONLY message levethian for cheat related stuff.
    so for anyone making a cheat report now the person to message is ONLY luciferdaddy since levethian is supposedly not doing this work anymore but nobody will confirm or deny this. so be safe message LD
  • Yeah! Only EA/CG gets to decide who is F-ed over and how! Get it straight!!!!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Come on guys 35 more comments and we hit 1,000

No chance of a reply on this as from the rumours there is now only 1 person working on these cheat reports so anyone who has messaged levethian for the past who knows how long are sitting waiting on nothing as they are not doing this job anymore and will not be rplying to messages.
    funny how there has been no post made to say message lucifersdaddy only now for these cheat reports unlike when we were all told to ONLY message levethian for cheat related stuff.
    so for anyone making a cheat report now the person to message is ONLY luciferdaddy since levethian is supposedly not doing this work anymore but nobody will confirm or deny this. so be safe message LD

This is incorrect.

There is a team, there has always only been 1 point person, and that person may have changed, but all messages are check and reviewed none the less, no matter which address they are sent to.
  • Kyno wrote: »

This is incorrect.

There is a team, there has always only been 1 point person, and that person may have changed, but all messages are check and reviewed none the less, no matter which address they are sent to.

the main point is when levethian was to be the "1 point person" as you say there was a post made in the forums to contact them, now they are not dealing with it and the "1 point person" is back to lucifersdaddy nobody makes a post or states that they are now the person to contact.
    anyone sending a private message to levethian will not have their messages looked into as they are not dealing with these claims and are not on the forums for a week at a time at least... last active 4th october....
    so unless your telling me that there is someone able to get into levethians messages without levethian being on the forum then my post is actually correct, if im wrong and someone can get access to messages on the forum without the forum account holder knowing then i think you need to explain this to the forum that anything said on this forum is not "private" at all.
    so as i said do not message levethian for any cheat complaints instead contact lucifersdaddy once again and my post was correct
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

This is incorrect.

the main point is when levethian was to be the "1 point person" as you say there was a post made in the forums to contact them, now they are not dealing with it and the "1 point person" is back to lucifersdaddy nobody makes a post or states that they are now the person to contact.
    anyone sending a private message to levethian will not have their messages looked into as they are not dealing with these claims and are not on the forums for a week at a time at least... last active 4th october....
    so unless your telling me that there is someone able to get into levethians messages without levethian being on the forum then my post is actually correct, if im wrong and someone can get access to messages on the forum without the forum account holder knowing then i think you need to explain this to the forum that anything said on this forum is not "private" at all.
    so as i said do not message levethian for any cheat complaints instead contact lucifersdaddy once again and my post was correct

Yes, from what I am told the messages are forwarded. They still log in just not as often. No direct messages are only visible to the account holder, except for the message tied to warnings, those are visible to people with permissions.

Everyone was made aware of this change in the "report a cheater" post by crumb and any other references to how to report were also updated.

This is incorrect.

Yes, from what I am told the messages are forwarded. They still log in just not as often. No direct messages are only visible to the account holder, except for the message tied to warnings, those are visible to people with permissions.

Everyone was made aware of this change in the "report a cheater" post by crumb and any other references to how to report were also updated.

cool so glad to see a post from 2 months ago was edited and left on page 2 in the middle of all the other updates that sleep silently in the mess that is the game update forum that im guessing nobody actually goes back a 2nd time to read.
    the messages are forwarded after they sit there for at least a week, so thats a week wasted for these people.

nobody was made aware of the change unless they went looking for that post, and tbh i defo wouldnt go looking for a certain post in that mess of a forum where the posts aint even in date order never mind anything else.
    end of the day these people are sending messages to the wrong person and waiting at least a week for that message to be forwarded if it actually is and all the time they think they have been added to the queue and action will be taken instead of messaging the correct person from the start and saving a lot of time if there was actually a post to say can you start messaging LD instead of levethian or god forbid even make a post in here saying it, but as i said earlier there is still no chance of a reply to this at all
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is incorrect.

cool so glad to see a post from 2 months ago was edited and left on page 2 in the middle of all the other updates that sleep silently in the mess that is the game update forum that im guessing nobody actually goes back a 2nd time to read.
    the messages are forwarded after they sit there for at least a week, so thats a week wasted for these people.

nobody was made aware of the change unless they went looking for that post, and tbh i defo wouldnt go looking for a certain post in that mess of a forum where the posts aint even in date order never mind anything else.
    end of the day these people are sending messages to the wrong person and waiting at least a week for that message to be forwarded if it actually is and all the time they think they have been added to the queue and action will be taken instead of messaging the correct person from the start and saving a lot of time if there was actually a post to say can you start messaging LD instead of levethian or god forbid even make a post in here saying it, but as i said earlier there is still no chance of a reply to this at all

Who said they sit there a week before being forwarded?

This is incorrect.

their account does, last active 4th october, if anyone sent them a message on or after that date they have sat there until now, 4th - 11th is a week so yes at least a week
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is incorrect.

their account does, last active 4th october, if anyone sent them a message on or after that date they have sat there until now, 4th - 11th is a week so yes at least a week

Which is why I said, that the messages are forwarded, as it was explained to me. That process doesnt require someone to actively do anything, just like automated forwarding on email.

This is incorrect.

Which is why I said, that the messages are forwarded, as it was explained to me. That process doesnt require someone to actively do anything, just like automated forwarding on email.

Is this possible, how can I forward my inbox messages on here?

This is incorrect.

ohh cool can you give us a guide on how to do this on our own accounts too as a web designer / coder i would very much like to know how this web script was modified to do that.
    cheers
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is incorrect.

We commoners do not have such powers, that is behind the curtain of the the service they use.

Also, having multiple forum accounts is against the Forum Guideline, so I'm not sure where you would be forwarding it.

Also, I may be mistaken about it being directly done on the forum, vs done through the email of the messages to the account holder being forwarded. I am asking for clarification, but it's a moote point as it is being done either way.

This is incorrect.

We commoners do not have such powers, that is behind the curtain of the the service they use.

Also, having multiple forum accounts is against the Forum Guideline, so I'm not sure where you would be forwarding it.

Also, I may be mistaken about it being directly done on the forum, vs done through the email of the messages to the account holder being forwarded. I am asking for clarification, but it's a moote point as it is being done either way.

It would be great to have recruitment messages forwarded from this inbox to my email, or even to another officers forum account.

Honestly, it seems like your just defending the inactivity of the one point person who is in charge of cheating for a multi million dollar game company by making up something that is impossible such as forum inbox message forwarding to another forum account as any excuse to cover for the inactivity of the actual person responsible.

Yes I know email forwarding in outlook is a thing... but I've never once seen a forum that has inbox forwarding to another account... given the lack of evidence here i think ots reasonable to question your official narrative and call your bluff here.

you either are outright lying to cover for them or at a minimum repeating a lie you were told.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is incorrect.

It would be great to have recruitment messages forwarded from this inbox to my email, or even to another officers forum account.

Honestly, it seems like your just defending the inactivity of the one point person who is in charge of cheating for a multi million dollar game company by making up something that is impossible such as forum inbox message forwarding to another forum account as any excuse to cover for the inactivity of the actual person responsible.

Yes I know email forwarding in outlook is a thing... but I've never once seen a forum that has inbox forwarding to another account... given the lack of evidence here i think ots reasonable to question your official narrative and call your bluff here.

you either are outright lying to cover for them or at a minimum repeating a lie you were told.

In the settings you can have message that come to you, directed to your email.

gi85jeyydkdh.jpg

I am not defending anything, just explaining what was said to me.

I was told "that's not quite how it works" between my messages, so it came out a little weird when I was explaining my understanding and saying that there are other ways to do it(because I didnt get details on what that comment meant). Sorry about that, but either way, it is possible through email for you to setup the activity you want, it is not (at our level) to do things you describe through the normal forum.

The devs dont use the normal forum the same way we see it. They have a development dashboard (at least that what Crumb calls it) that has much more capability.

I think you underestimate what web development tools are and do. The forum is literally just the surface presented to the general public, there are many layers and tools working in the background. Just because the interface you see and use is simple, doesnt mean the system is.

This is incorrect.

You've never been on a forum that emails you at certain trigger points? Because that email could certainly be forwarded via the email account that receives it. And if the emails that the forum sends out include the full body of the message, then no one would even need to log into the forum account because all the info is there.

This is incorrect.

You've never been on a forum that emails you at certain trigger points? Because that email could certainly be forwarded via the email account that receives it. And if the emails that the forum sends out include the full body of the message, then no one would even need to log into the forum account because all the info is there.

Does this forum have a trigger point for a inbox messages that allows the message in its entirety to be forwarded to an email address?

If no then what kyno describes is not possible. I guess were told it does somehow behind the scenes so we have to just trust them that they are looking I to cheating.

Back to square 1 i guess we just have to trust them they are on top of it... till someone blows the lid off it like Bulldog1205 did to start this mega thread.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Does this forum have a trigger point for a inbox messages that allows the message in its entirety to be forwarded to an email address?

If no then what kyno describes is not possible. I guess were told it does somehow behind the scenes so we have to just trust them that they are looking I to cheating.

Back to square 1 i guess we just have to trust them they are on top of it... till someone blows the lid off it like Bulldog1205 did to start this mega thread.

When I get a PM on this forum, the entirety of the PM is quoted in the email I receive.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019

This is incorrect.

I get all messages sent to my sent to my email, in their entirety. I then use Gmail filters to sort them and put them in folders. That was in the setting that I posted, i know it says notify when i get a message and selection shows email, but what it actually does is sends the whole message to your email.

And this goes without saying that all message should now be sent to LD, as we have been instructing people.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

When I get a PM on this forum, the entirety of the PM is quoted in the email I receive.

@Liath I'm tagging you in this email so only you can read it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So, this mega-thread has been going for a while now.

It would be great if CG could summarize the situation as it stands, now that there has been sufficient time to gather data, and communicate to the community the actions that have been taken to address the cheating issues.

The thread itself seems to be losing focus and relevance as of late.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Surferfbp wrote: »
    I have a new type of cheating that just happened to me. My opponent put down 1 team, then used all his for attacks. Because it only gives the bare minimum for empty slots, I only got 16 points for every fight I couldn’t take. He came in, swept the board, and won. How is this fair? Is this an intentional strategy? If so, it’s not fun in the slightest, and I will stop joining the championships.04u44s3lmu9l.jpeg
    7b53uiqzlcfw.jpeg

Placing a defense that someone cant clear and winning due to the inability of your opponent to win, is not cheating.

Absolutely this is not fun.

It's not cheating, because its possible, but it shouldn't be able to happen. At all.

The empty zones should give 65 points and count as an undermanned successful attack for Feats.

Please no... this would make even more collusion because people could get more points by both of them not setting D colluding together to both get max scores. Minus the victory points.

Defense should be filled always. Devs just dont seem to have much foresight and keep designing systems that can be abused. That's not players fault for abusing what were given.

Well they're definitely abusing the system and it needs to be stopped.

It's not abuse. They are not breaking a single rule by setting 1 defense. It's a valid strategy that one can choose to employ when they see fit.
  • super_ro
    53 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    dopzcmq7y55q.png
    How do you pm the guy this is sniping everyones payouts in my 2 1/2 year old shard img
This discussion has been closed.