Territory War - trolling

I'm sure there is already a topic about this but we recently had a new member drop a bunch of bad teams all over our TW defenses. We removed him from the guild as soon as we could but his teams remain. I know there are issues with having people remove defenses in the code and such but it would be really nice if removing someone from the guild during the defense setup phase would remove whatever teams they placed. Hopefully we can still pull off a win but who knows...

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    It's a guild event. If a member of your guild performs badly, it should reflect on your whole guild's performance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It may not seem like it, but this is probably done to protect the guild. Matchmaking is already done and the number of squads needed is already set, if they remove the teams placed by anyone who leaves your guild this would leave the remaining members to fill those spots, which would put you at a disadvantage.

Is that disadvantage worse than leaving the teams in, hard to say, it would be very situational.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It may not seem like it, but this is probably done to protect the guild. Matchmaking is already done and the number of squads needed is already set, if they remove the teams placed by anyone who leaves your guild this would leave the remaining members to fill those spots, which would put you at a disadvantage.

Is that disadvantage worse than leaving the teams in, hard to say, it would be very situational.

That said, it has been a frequent request to allow officers to remove squads from a TW placement. Not all guilds necessarily want to kick a player just because they didn't read instructions (different situation than purposeful trolling), but they would like to remove the squad during the set up period and let it be replaced by something more appropriate.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

That said, it has been a frequent request to allow officers to remove squads from a TW placement. Not all guilds necessarily want to kick a player just because they didn't read instructions (different situation than purposeful trolling), but they would like to remove the squad during the set up period and let it be replaced by something more appropriate.

It has been, and a frequent response back has been that they have no intention of letting officers undo something done by another member.

With that said, there's no reason I can think of that they shouldn't let us each remove our own D in both TW and GA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

That said, it has been a frequent request to allow officers to remove squads from a TW placement.

And this is still a very bad idea no matter how frequently it's requested.
  • Waqui wrote: »

That said, it has been a frequent request to allow officers to remove squads from a TW placement.

And this is still a very bad idea no matter how frequently it's requested.
    I agree. It sounds good, but when you really think of the implications, it'll inevitably lead to a level of micromanagement that just removes the fun from any team/guild based game, especially in more competitive guilds(in which people already complain that the game feels like a chore)..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Those are 2 different things, being forced to go in with less teams placed or place more teams vs choosing to do so.

I agree that a player should be able to remove teams, they have stated they will never give someone else the ability to removed others teams.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We absolutely should be able to remove our own teams and officers should have the ability to flag teams they want removed.
    We absolutely should be able to remove our own teams and officers should have the ability to flag teams they want removed.

Additionally, I think they if someone leaves the guild during the setup phase their teams should be automatically removed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Additionally, I think they if someone leaves the guild during the setup phase their teams should be automatically removed.

This is a slippery slope, because you could end up with the same issue, someone trolling would just need to leave in the last few minutes and now your guild is down team placement.

Its probably not doable, but if a player leaves or is kicked out during setup, then an officer should be able to remove their teams.

This is a slippery slope, because you could end up with the same issue, someone trolling would just need to leave in the last few minutes and now your guild is down team placement.

Its probably not doable, but if a player leaves or is kicked out during setup, then an officer should be able to remove their teams.

I'm going to ignore your first paragraph because slippery slope arguments are lazy and countering them often leads nowhere.

I will agree that the idea in your second paragraph would be a fine alternative.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm going to ignore your first paragraph because slippery slope arguments are lazy and countering them often leads nowhere.

I will agree that the idea in your second paragraph would be a fine alternative.

The OP is talking about players trolling a Guild, this would be giving them a different tool to do the same thing, or worse, depending on your take on it.

Better?

The OP is talking about players trolling a Guild, this would be giving them a different tool to do the same thing, or worse, depending on your take on it.

Better?

No. Not particularly. You've got to put more thought into it than, "what the worst that could happen?" It's easy to respond to every proposed change with a slippery slope or worst case scenario response. Most of the forum already does this and it's part of the reason it's so toxic. I expect more out of you.

And that's all I'm going to say in response to this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Better?

No. Not particularly. You've got to put more thought into it than, "what the worst that could happen?" It's easy to respond to every proposed change with a slippery slope or worst case scenario response. Most of the forum already does this and it's part of the reason it's so toxic. I expect more out of you.

No, that's not the worst that could happen. It literally doesnt solve the problem, it just changes how its done.

Personally I think it's better to have a bad team on the board than no team.

Better?

No, that's not the worst that could happen. It literally doesnt solve the problem, it just changes how its done.

Personally I think it's better to have a bad team on the board than no team.

I really thought you were better than this :'(
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'm just annoyed at the overuse of "trolling".
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

That seems fair.