When (if) will GA be fixed?

Ever since the matchmaking was changed a while back i have had no chance, constantly battling players well over 100k gp more every time.

However this time was the worst. Not Only is the opponent having 170k more, he also has Anakin at 6 star While i have not. Now this terrible matchmaking has ruined an otherwise fun mode, at least let the whales battle each other

I am not surprised people start to leave this game when every gamemode gets boring. The sithraid got broken with relics bus completely destroyed with anakin. Arena is arena, pay to win.

Most of all though is the lack of new content. Sure, whales got anakin, otherwise very little is new.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Comparing overall GP in a matchmaking thread is an automatic fail.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

What would you consider valid? Number of g13? Zetas? Sum of relic levels? This all gets mismatched.
  • It is GP for your top 60 or 70 toons (depends which division you are in). There are discord bots can tell you this.
  • If you have 25 more Zetas or many more 20+ Speed mods you will still lose to an opponent with 20 more G13 and full r7 relics.

More Zetas (even on meta characters) and faster characters won't work against relics. Double damage, double health, and so on. You will get one or two shotted, and you, even when you going First, will barely scratch them.

Thats how broken relics are. GAC ruined. At least for me as a small Dolphin.
  • I think it was the plan. Slowly transforming a good and strategic f2p game into a horrible p2w no brain game. With the power of relics, I think whales could better play AFK arena with the same result !
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    CG never announced, that they intended to make 100% even matches. They announced that they would make matches more even than before the introduction of GAC - and they did.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Nauros wrote: »

What would you consider valid? Number of g13? Zetas? Sum of relic levels? This all gets mismatched.

Doesn't matter what I consider valid. Op stated overall GP differences, which are not a factor in matchmaking. Therefore irrelevant.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

The first valid thing would be the variables that are actually used for matchmaking.

Those would all be great talking points if you wanted to make suggestions on how you would improve matchmaking.

The dev team have stated they are looking for, and approaching, a 50% win rate. If they are achieving the goal, it is unlikely they are actively looking to change things right now.

That being said, things like this are always on the radar, and the best way to help the situation is to look at what they are using to match and see it that is correct, then make suggestions based on what you feel might make it better. Starting with a non factor and adding in that a single toon is different, doesnt help and quite often leads the conversation away from a discussion of fixes.
  • Relics is a big problem. So is speed mods. But biggest mistake is that whatever i bring i cant beat the latest meta team so instant fail.
  • Sigge wrote: »
    Relics is a big problem. So is speed mods. But biggest mistake is that whatever i bring i cant beat the latest meta team so instant fail.

That's tough though, personally I didn't unlock Gen Skywalker, but doesn't seem fair to those who did to punish them by immediately having them fight only those who did. There has to be some benefit/advantage to getting new characters, relic 7 etc
  • If you are losing consistently then the problem isn't matchmaking, it's you.

* The parameters for matchmaking are well known
    * The meta teams are well known
    * The importance of mods is well known and there are plenty of strategies for farming & developing them

If you want to perform better you need to improve your roster &/or strategy.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If you are losing consistently then the problem isn't matchmaking, it's you.

* The importance of mods is well known and there are plenty of strategies for farming & developing them

Or spend big to get current meta like my opponent you mean? Kind of ignorant post.

Must have forgot this game and the matchmaking is for whales only.
  • It’s funny people expect things to be fixed proper. Lol.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    It's not broken. The majority of my opponents in the last GAC season had more GP than me, and I beat all but two of them.

LW8.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Or spend big to get current meta like my opponent you mean? Kind of ignorant post.

Everyone is complaining that GS is worthless at 5*, regardless of his supporting cast. If he's higher than 5*, your opponent didn't spend to star GS. They hoarded GET. Can't buy GET with money.

You cannot control other players' spending but you have complete control over managing your own roster and in doing so, influencing the opponents you get matched with.

You want to see ignorance, look in the mirror.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The devs have supposedly done a major adjustment to matchmaking a couple time in Grand arena and Territory Wars. But both times I've seen zero change on my end. I have 6 g12 teams to place on defense, they have 12 to not only clear me out but ensure even my best teams can't dent his. I get 1 heros Relic unlocked. Every one of his teams has one. Same in Territory Wars. My clan can muster half out teams at gear 12. They have a full roster of them. The leaders on our squads are g13. Everyone of theirs has 2 or 3 at g13. A 50% winrate? I have won only 1 grand arena match since it started and it tw we win about a third. The tiers in matchmaking have such a wide disparity from bottom to top, it's rediculous. Tw has basically broken down to the side with more whales wins. GA as well. I just now got malak before they shut it down but I've been fighting full Revan and malak teams for months. Can somebody please share what they use to determine tiers in matchmaking because clearly GP, zetas, gear and relics have nothing to do with it. Either that or their bracket range is a football field wide and I'm under a constant barrage of safeties.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kronen wrote: »
    The devs have supposedly done a major adjustment to matchmaking a couple time in Grand arena and Territory Wars. But both times I've seen zero change on my end. I have 6 g12 teams to place on defense, they have 12 to not only clear me out but ensure even my best teams can't dent his. I get 1 heros Relic unlocked. Every one of his teams has one. Same in Territory Wars. My clan can muster half out teams at gear 12. They have a full roster of them. The leaders on our squads are g13. Everyone of theirs has 2 or 3 at g13. A 50% winrate? I have won only 1 grand arena match since it started and it tw we win about a third. The tiers in matchmaking have such a wide disparity from bottom to top, it's rediculous. Tw has basically broken down to the side with more whales wins. GA as well. I just now got malak before they shut it down but I've been fighting full Revan and malak teams for months. Can somebody please share what they use to determine tiers in matchmaking because clearly GP, zetas, gear and relics have nothing to do with it. Either that or their bracket range is a football field wide and I'm under a constant barrage of safeties.

Matchmaking in GAC is based on the GP of the top 60-80 characters, depending on your division.

TW has had no changes yet to matchmaking and is based on the active GP (the GP of all the members who join) of characters over 6k GP.
  • I'm not exactly sure how match-making is handled in GAC, but I just threw the first few rounds until I scored some more competitive matches so I wasn't just getting trounced by whales out the gate :)
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Sigge wrote: »

You cannot control other players' spending but you have complete control over managing your own roster and in doing so, influencing the opponents you get matched with.

You want to see ignorance, look in the mirror.

Yet i started this thread explaining i am up against someone with a maxed anakin While i havent got him, therefore i already lost.

It is obvious you are either a troll or just ignorant so i see little point discussing further with someone like you