Wind back in my sails!!!

Prev1
taquillasun
1158 posts Member
edited October 2019
A 5 star unlock? I can only imagine a lot of people like me were willing to throw down some loot to unlock him.

Nope. I can wait and save get.

Oh, I have all the requirements at min or way above. But if rumors are true, G13 and relic 4 to complete... Maybe not.

Anyway, if you devs ever read this. Can we go back to 7 star unlocks? This is not favorable for many.
Post edited by taquillasun on

Replies

• I mean for those in big guilds I guess this is nothing. I'm in a small guild. Clock 3k a TB. I don't even have malak at 7 stars yet.

Why would I spend money to get a character I literally can't use for anything for months?

There's just no reason.

None.

I can enter. I meet min requirements or better. But if I can't complete a stage, I'm not going to spend to gear up to pass. Why? That's not smart in my situation.

I have to believe there are others like me.

We know why they are doing it. I just don't like it.
  • Malak: Was I a joke to you?
  • Small guild 3k get per week. Don't say my fault for small guild. That's ...that's ..don't go there please.

I'm okay with waiting. And that's just what I'll have to do. It just sucks, for me. Again, it's going to take a long time to get him and Malak.

It wasn't me ignoring Malak. It was me getting 10 shards a pop or 5 ...it's not easy. It's not your problem. But it is a rough go for many like myself.
  • Malak: Was I a joke to you?

Malak came out before Relics. I've faced non - relic Malak occasionally. He's a joke for R7 JKA. I actually can kill him first if he's not 7* g13. Last week in TW, I AOE'd and defeated a 5* g11 Malak by accident.

Is completely possible that a 5* version of GAS won't be the same issue as Malak in arena. But we'll have to see the "weaknesses" in his team to know for sure.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • THey told us it was coming in all fairness. I should have seen this coming. Man oh man. Well, now that we know 5 star unlocks from here on out, we can decide if or if not it's even worth whaling right now and for the foreseeable future. Not. Clearly.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Jawas will beat him
  • Thanks for the humor in this trying time. Really actually appreciate it!
  • I was so excited when I heard about the announcement for him, and this has utterly killed it. I won't be able to max him for months so getting him now doesn't mean much. This was the most disappointing news I have had in this game for me and some guildmates. Super sad. Can't even whale for it.
  • They said it was going to be an epic confrontation event. Only other one ever is Malak, which unlocked at 5*. Once they said the type of event, I automatically assumed it would be a 5* unlock. This doesn't mean that ALL new events will be 5* unlocks. Unless they change their own rules, every legendary from now on will be a 5* unlock that you can get to 7* in the event. Every Hero's Journey will be a 7* unlock.

I am perfectly okay with them having another type of event with which to release characters. The increased difficulty in obtaining leaves them room to make them stronger. The good part of this is that the people that get the character the first time around should/could hopefully be 7*ing it about the time the event comes back around so even the slower farmers can at least have it when they have to face the max version.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    They said it was going to be an epic confrontation event. Only other one ever is Malak, which unlocked at 5*. Once they said the type of event, I automatically assumed it would be a 5* unlock. This doesn't mean that ALL new events will be 5* unlocks. Unless they change their own rules, every legendary from now on will be a 5* unlock that you can get to 7* in the event. Every Hero's Journey will be a 7* unlock.

I am perfectly okay with them having another type of event with which to release characters. The increased difficulty in obtaining leaves them room to make them stronger. The good part of this is that the people that get the character the first time around should/could hopefully be 7*ing it about the time the event comes back around so even the slower farmers can at least have it when they have to face the max version.

Yeah man! For sure though!

You're right on with that comment about how powerful the character is going to be and balancing that.

Truly, in world with 4 zetas, I don't need a ton of them running me into the ground LOL

So yeah, I'm totally cool. The wind has hit my sails again. Reasoning has prevailed.

Now, about that el camino...
  • And to another point I just realized.

I have always had the zetas to full stack out any legendary / journey / epic / whatever in the past.

3 zetas? Bam! Two 2 zeta characters? Bam!

I'm 5 zeta shards away from having 3 full. I wouldn't have enough to stack him right off the bat like I normally do. That is telling me something - I am not prepared. We're on a new level now.

I'm on board. LET'S GO!
    They said it was going to be an epic confrontation event. Only other one ever is Malak, which unlocked at 5*. Once they said the type of event, I automatically assumed it would be a 5* unlock. This doesn't mean that ALL new events will be 5* unlocks. Unless they change their own rules, every legendary from now on will be a 5* unlock that you can get to 7* in the event. Every Hero's Journey will be a 7* unlock.

You're right on with that comment about how powerful the character is going to be and balancing that.

Truly, in world with 4 zetas, I don't need a ton of them running me into the ground LOL

So yeah, I'm totally cool. The wind has hit my sails again. Reasoning has prevailed.

Also, I believe these events are actually repeatable so if you wanted to you could still get them 7* just by doing the event again 2 more times (5* is less than half of the way to 7*), or do it once more and spend only a little currency.
  • I mean for those in big guilds I guess this is nothing. I'm in a small guild. Clock 3k a TB. I don't even have malak at 7 stars yet.

Why would I spend money to get a character I literally can't use for anything for months?

There's just no reason.

None.

I can enter. I meet min requirements or better. But if I can't complete a stage, I'm not going to spend to gear up to pass. Why? That's not smart in my situation.

I have to believe there are others like me.

We know why they are doing it. I just don't like it.

Aren't you glad you didn't waste all that GEC on malak 7s??? Kidding, but it definitely is an issue if these are the new legendaries and we are reliant on hoarding every currency from now on. They should just introduce GAC currency and use that. Oh wait.....
  • What I want to know is, what happened to that emperor's shuttle release thing they had going on. I kind of liked that release style.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

Also, I believe these events are actually repeatable so if you wanted to you could still get them 7* just by doing the event again 2 more times (5* is less than half of the way to 7*), or do it once more and spend only a little currency.

The event is repeatable but you don’t get more shards for repeating it.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Liath wrote: »

Huh. I haven't even seen the event as I don't meet the requirements. One of the guys in my shard was mentioning getting a whole bunch of shard shop currency out of it. I suppose he could have been talking about what he expected, but I was pretty sure he was talking about what happened.

Well if you don't get shards for it the 2nd time around you should.

Huh. I haven't even seen the event as I don't meet the requirements. One of the guys in my shard was mentioning getting a whole bunch of shard shop currency out of it. I suppose he could have been talking about what he expected, but I was pretty sure he was talking about what happened.

@Liath
    The event does indeed give shards on repeat. Lots of people confirming that today.

So, as I stated, you don't have to spend GET1 to get the character, you just have to wait until the 3rd time you can do the event to 7* them if you don't. So it's a balance, do you want to spend to get it now, or do you want to wait and get it all for free later?

@Liath
    The event does indeed give shards on repeat. Lots of people confirming that today.

So, as I stated, you don't have to spend GET1 to get the character, you just have to wait until the 3rd time you can do the event to 7* them if you don't. So it's a balance, do you want to spend to get it now, or do you want to wait and get it all for free later?

Hey!!!!!

Question on this..... I am CERTAIN that prior to this Malak event, we could do it, but we couldn't earn shards.

So the 3rd time around we can?!?!?!

Because yeah, I looked at event rewards and sure enough, it says I can earn his shards.

So if this is the case, did I miss mention of this? Or did we just find out this is the way?
  • Liath wrote: »

Uh oh..... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    and this is why you don't necro 8(!) days old threads...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »

A lot can change in 8 days......
  • Kyno wrote: »

So do we know if this is on purpose? Or --other? working as intended?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Its 630 am there, so nothing yet.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

@Liath

You do understand that is new this time and was not the case last time.... right?
  • Kyno wrote: »

Either way, it's going to be a FUN FRIDAY!!!! :D

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Either way, it's going to be a FUN TUESDAY!!!! :D

100% agree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

100% agree.

I believe I was misquoted....

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

100% agree.

I believe I was misquoted....

EA disagrees.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH