So I just wasted 4+ hours?

Prev1
Sounds like they're just going to pull all shards and reschedule the malak event? I did everything above board and I'm going to be penalized for your screw up.. that's customer service right there!

Replies

• To be clear, I just unlocked.. the right way.
  • Congrats mate! Bonus shadrs are not our fault. I know its not fair, but fatm from get1 is unfair too.
  • Not necessarily. They may just be shutting it down to prevent the problem from getting bigger and buy themselves time to work on a fix.
  • I don't blame everyone who replayed the event, that get farm is a pain. I just don't want to lose something I earned because cg screwed up
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    If you did not have Malak this morning, but beat the event to now get Malak, without getting shards multiple times for the event, you should be fine.
    But who knows with CG.
  • I blame the devs! Can't write a script at the normal way?
  • HUNSadun wrote: »
    I blame the devs! Can't write a script at the normal way?
    What script and what way would that be?
  • I don't know im not a programmer. But the 2nd event was right. The 3rd was this.
  • I had just beaten LS for the first time and was entering DS for the first time when the reboot occurred. If I need to do LS again, I’m gonna lose it (as I had spent about 2 hrs messing around before I beat it).
  • I had tried several times today. Wasted about 4 hours and got close once. Then he drained gained 5 stacks of rage, gained a couple attacks which put him over 30 game over. I'm going to take this time to re-arrange/shuffle mods around.
  • Operation metaverse Reddit post helped me tremendously, 2 tries to do it after finding it. Just FYI if we get screwed..
  • If play moves to 7* and either bought the gear or buys the gear for g12 or g13 how to the6 fix that?
  • MAndrewMX
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    MAndrewMX wrote: »
    If play moves to 7* and either bought the gear or buys the gear for g12 or g13 how to the6 fix that?

Or currency changing over mods, etc. I'm sure many players didnt know it was an error on CG. It's not the players fault. This is CG fault. That's not inciting or anything just the fact of the situation. There is money being spent right now on their new 7* malaks, so how to handle the money players have paid, and cg has gained, through those upgrades to malak to relics, gear, currency promoting DM them up reimburse so much and if not that would amount to a huge opening for civil monetary actions?; which scares me because I invest in CG, ie Disney, and other public shares of games here, as a shareholder, if we've made a working and functioning event that the only error is it worked properly and people played it as is. Cg needs to be careful how they handle this. It could get really messy financially for them, more so than just running it for everyone as released. I love this game, but being a Manager and lead on software and app development, they need to get their attorneys involved etc. Because many players are not ignorant children but intelligent functioning adults. You dont release ANYTHING that can have a major financial backlash. If, but I dont see how, they could ever make this fair, punishing players for simply playing the game as released is not advantageous to a positive outcome on shareholders. Good luck team, hope whatever you do accounts for as much mitigation of issues as possible.
  • Maybe some of yall can help me out I have listed the respective teams for the appropriate paths to unlock Malak. I need to know what the magic speed number for all these toons.

Light side path for unlocking Malak:

What is the magic number for speed on Big Z? I am seeing 200 or 214. With the mods I have, here is the light side team stats:
    Big Z: 159, zeta'ed, and 3 gear pieces from Gear 12 (fully modded - working on getting his mods right).
    Mission is at 180 speed, zeta, and 1 gear piece from Gear 12 (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    Jolee is at 153 speed, Zeta, and 3 pieces from Gear 12 (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    Bastilla is at 177 speed, zeta, and 3 pieces from Gear 12 (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    JKR is 194 speed,trip zeta, 3/6 mods are 6*, and 4 pieces from Gear 13 (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    T3-M4 (not used) is 189 speed, no zeta, 5 pieces from gear 12 (fully modded -reinspecting mods).

Like I said, I'm going through what mods I have to see if I can get their speed stats up to 200.

Dark side path for unlocking Malak:

This team is in pretty bad shape, and is still a work in progress. Is 200 speed the golden number for the DS run? Here are their speed stats:

DRevan: 217 speed, triple zeta, 1 piece from Gear 10 (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    HK-47: 151 speed, double zeta, 3 pieces from Gear 12 (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    BSFallen: 175 speed, zeta, 4 pieces from Gear 12, (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    Juhanni: 174 speed, zeta, 2 pieces from gear 13, 2/6 mods at 6* (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    Carth: 197 speed, zeta, 4 pieces from Gear 12 (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
    Canderous: 166 speed, no zeta, 1 piece form Gear 12 (fully modded - reinspecting mods).
  • Consegui passar pelo lado **** do evento sem problemas. Quando fui jogar pelo lado da luz, passei o dia todos tentando e tentando e tentando. Quando finalmente consigo quando fui pegar meu premio, o cliente reiniciou e veio essa mensagem AFFF. Perdi o ânimo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Megahtron wrote: »
    Sounds like they're just going to pull all shards and reschedule the malak event? I did everything above board and I'm going to be penalized for your screw up.. that's customer service right there!

From the explanation we got, it should only affect those who got the " first time rewards" multiple times, it shouldnt affect anyone getting them the first time around.
  • Kyno wrote: »

From the explanation we got, it should only affect those who got the " first time rewards" multiple times, it shouldnt affect anyone getting them the first time around.

But again, not all who got him before had him at 7* and now do. So if you had got him to 7* then boosted (using real money) to g12, through gear and relics, or so many other factors, real people, real players, are losing actual money this very second not knowing, or understanding that was a mistake, there are a LOT of malaks from past events who weren't 7* but had unlocked him then spent money. This a boh issue, do you think?
  • I thought … GAS is here … Malak meta is over … here everyone if you can beat it again have 7* Malak
    Spent time and credits mod swapping and beating lightside again!
    They better not take it back … shards spent … extras converted!
  • If the malak was ALREADY 7* before the event, then that I can see, but even then figuring out where those shards all got spent for each player will be difficult. My issue is those who got malak to 7* during this event and what they did beforehand to prepare or after to improve its concern
  • Maybe some of yall can help me out I have listed the respective teams for the appropriate paths to unlock Malak. I need to know what the magic speed number for all these toons.

Light side path for unlocking
    Big Z: 159, zeta'ed, and 3 gear pieces from Gear 12 (fully modded - working on getting his mods right).

Hey Urias...here’s my swgoh profile. I beat LS with this earlier today (only difference is I used GMY mods on Mission and moved them back after I beat it). You can prob do it with less assuming you follow the strategy outlined in several posts/vids. https://swgoh.gg/p/527199694/characters/?f=Old+Republic

The key for me was needing to boost Mission’s damage output so the droids would go down faster.
  • Remember you can rend the Droids armor and it'll appear back on them every time they spawn, that was the tip that helped me the most
  • Shred**
  • I dont care about their excuses. They should "man up" and own their mistake. I replayed the event so I could help my guildmates out. I got 75 shards.
    I thought it was great.
    Now the take back.
    I spendt real money to upgrade my malak to g13 and then to r3.
    I spent real money to prepare my toons for G$ky.
    Only to have a bait and switch. 17500k GPwas the announced requirement. Get to p4 and now its 22k GP.
    They need to get their acts together.ive spent thousands on this game. Im a paying customer.
    CG if you take back any malak shards from me its a wrap.
    People are quitting this game over your greed mongering tacticts.Smarten up. Whats done is done. You made a mistake. You stopped the event. Cut your loses before more people quit.
    Game changers are all turning agaist you.
    Nothing worse than losing your grass roots supporters.
    You could really use a reversal of your cash cow treatment of this game. Lower the pricepoint and make it more accessible to new players. Losing future revenue is not the way to go.
  • sapper317 wrote: »
    I dont care about their excuses. They should "man up" and own their mistake. I replayed the event so I could help my guildmates out. I got 75 shards.
    I thought it was great.
    Now the take back.
    I spendt real money to upgrade my malak to g13 and then to r3.
    I spent real money to prepare my toons for G$ky.
    Only to have a bait and switch. 17500k GPwas the announced requirement. Get to p4 and now its 22k GP.
    They need to get their acts together.ive spent thousands on this game. Im a paying customer.
    CG if you take back any malak shards from me its a wrap.
    People are quitting this game over your greed mongering tacticts.Smarten up. Whats done is done. You made a mistake. You stopped the event. Cut your loses before more people quit.
    Game changers are all turning agaist you.
    Nothing worse than losing your grass roots supporters.
    You could really use a reversal of your cash cow treatment of this game. Lower the pricepoint and make it more accessible to new players. Losing future revenue is not the way to go.

Of course you thought getting 75 shards you shouldn't have gotten was great =) Who wouldn't?

If I had to guess, your Malak will be rolled back to whatever he was at before you took advantage of the bug. Presumably somewhere in the 6* range. You'll have the maximum gear allowed equipped. Any gear you have equipped now that will not be able to be equipped at 6* will be moved to your inventory, waiting for you to hit 7* legitimately. Same with your relic materials. Shouldn't be that hard to do, assuming they have the information they need.

They messed up, so no one gets banned. Even people that were knowingly exploiting the bug. Doesn't mean they will (or should) let people keep their ill-gotten gains. While I agree with you on a fair number of your points, letting a bug mess up the in-game economy at that level is not the solution. You can let it slide with little things. 4-5 months of GET currency for free for only a small segment of the population, that's not small stuff.

I'm sorry that you spent money on your Malak, I truly am. But I imagine if you're completely honest with yourself, you knew it was too good to be true, but figured "hey, if I use them all surely they won't take them back." Instead of, you know, waiting a couple days to let the situation play out and see what comes of it.
  • I see their intended course of action doesn't take into account time and game currency spent. I spent remodding a bunch to beat lightside again. Then there is another million to 7* Malak. They need to make this right. It's not my fault they messed this up. I was just playing the game, doing nothing wrong, and now sounds like I am going to get screwed over!

Re-reading @CG_TopHat 's last post a couple more times I think I see what you are talking about @Kyno but honestly it's not crystal clear that new unlocks will be unaffected. An official explicit statement to that effect certainly would not go amiss.
  • The_Dude wrote: »
    Maybe some of yall can help me out I have listed the respective teams for the appropriate paths to unlock Malak. I need to know what the magic speed number for all these toons.

Light side path for unlocking

Hey Urias...here’s my swgoh profile. I beat LS with this earlier today (only difference is I used GMY mods on Mission and moved them back after I beat it). You can prob do it with less assuming you follow the strategy outlined in several posts/vids. https://swgoh.gg/p/527199694/characters/?f=Old+Republic

The key for me was needing to boost Mission’s damage output so the droids would go down faster.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.. After watching Ahnald's vids on the event, and esp his tips on modding for the event, I have my work cut out for me. Hoping I can make the changes necessary so I can be ready when the event comes back around.

I hope not, I was ready for Malak on time and finally got a chance to sit down and get to it, only to have the client restart when I attempted it. How is it fair that someone will have a headstart on gear-farming Malak, because he had the time to play the event earlier in the day? And don't even get me started on the crystals and other in-game currencies that people spent to have their teams ready on time, only to have the time frame extended! EA and CG can take the 250 crystals and put them where the monkey put its peanut!