Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Davie96 wrote: »
    Ededed wrote: »
    People are misunderstanding the plan. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and didn't redo the event today, will get the full reward. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid one side of the event and got shards, will receive half of the shards. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid both sides of the event, they already got their shard shop currency.

Actually i think everyone understands that part. What they don't understand is why Only 7* owners get to keep (basically) the 150 bugged shards worth of stuff.
    Not just keep but are being given if they didn't even do it in the first place.

I suppose to balance it out. Anyone that did the event basically already got the currency.
    5* and 6* Malak owners don't get any currency....especially if they didn't participate in the event before CG pulled it. 7* owners get currency regardless. It's not balancing out anything. It's giving a hand out to the players who need it the least.

Honestly, I don't understand how a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's the principle.
    Honestly, I can't see how a rational adult would think its unfair
  • TVF wrote: »
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    If they aren't going to refund the money spent for the sole purpose of gearing up malak, then it's time to start disputing the purchases. There's no reason to let them scam you out of your money. Filing disputes is what we have advised our whole alliance to do.

Serious question, do you think you won't be getting Malak again with that gear or something?

I have malak.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    If they aren't going to refund the money spent for the sole purpose of gearing up malak, then it's time to start disputing the purchases. There's no reason to let them scam you out of your money. Filing disputes is what we have advised our whole alliance to do.

Serious question, do you think you won't be getting Malak again with that gear or something?

I have malak.

Ok then answer for whomever you were complaining for.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 2pubuwsrhlja.gif
  • I think the only true way to be fair is reset everyone at level 1 with nothing but Jedi Consular, Clone Wars Chewbacca and Clone Sergeant again, let's all start over :smile:
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    R0LAND wrote: »
    2pubuwsrhlja.gif

"Going to be"
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I suppose what they should have done is given the currency to everyone who didn't do the event to be completely fair.
    What they should have done and still should do is simply bring the event back and let everyone earn the 150 extra shards. They messed up, people spent credits/time remodding/doing the event again (which isn't being compensated), people spent cash to gear up Malak (which isn't coming back as a cash credit) and their fix is a laughable attempt that makes little sense.

If they are going to rollback, they should roll entire accounts all the way back to just before the event, refund all purchases during that time and drop 500+ crystals in everyone's account. Anything else is a straight up ripoff to anyone that spent money/time on Malak unaware this was a bug.

The PR cost alone isn't worth what they are trying to save. Greedy.

Removed abbreviated profanity and insult. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    People are misunderstanding the plan. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and didn't redo the event today, will get the full reward. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid one side of the event and got shards, will receive half of the shards. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid both sides of the event, they already got their shard shop currency.

Actually i think everyone understands that part. What they don't understand is why Only 7* owners get to keep (basically) the 150 bugged shards worth of stuff.

I suppose to balance it out. Anyone that did the event basically already got the currency.
    5* and 6* Malak owners don't get any currency....especially if they didn't participate in the event before CG pulled it. 7* owners get currency regardless. It's not balancing out anything. It's giving a hand out to the players who need it the least.

Honestly, I don't understand how a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's the principle.

A 5* and 7* Malak owner both wake up this morning and do.... absolutely nothing in the game. They have a sick child at home, are busy at work. Whatever.
    5* Malak owner gets 250 crystals.
    7* Malak owner gets 250 crystals and 2,250 shard shop currency.

Not sure why this is difficult to understand.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

I have malak.

People spent money with an objective in mind, with the belief that the money/crystals/gear would immediately be going towards a toon that they recently 7*. Since that wont be happening they have every right to request a refund.

You and Ultra can defend CG day in, day out over every incident if you want, but I'm going to make sure the players who consistently get s*****d by them know that they have options.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

I have malak.

People spent money with an objective in mind, with the belief that the money/crystals/gear would immediately be going towards a toon that they recently 7*. Since that wont be happening they have every right to request a refund.

You and Ultra can defend CG day in, day out over every incident if you want, but I'm going to make sure the players who consistently get s*****d by them know that they have options.

Sure, they have every right.

I mean, if they get their Malak three days later, I don't see why it's the end of the world, but ok.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

A 5* and 7* Malak owner both wake up this morning and do.... absolutely nothing in the game. They have a sick child at home, are busy at work. Whatever.

As a 7* Malak owner, I deserve 2250 shard shop currency for having the foresight to get him to 7* before the third event, which everyone knew would be bugged.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

As a 7* Malak owner, I deserve 2250 shard shop currency for having the foresight to get him to 7* before the third event, which everyone knew would be bugged.

To be honest though, it does seem like an odd fix, and unfair to those that didn't have 7* Malak already.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    So you think it’s perfectly fair that people who had 7* malak at time of event and didn’t do a thing and weren’t affected by this in any way get 2250 ssc and 250 crystals?

If you're going to intelligently make this argument, don't mention the 250 crystals part, because everyone gets those. That's not any special benefit to anyone.
  • Can they just hand me the unlocked Malak because I don’t want to have to attempt light side another 100 times :/
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member

Not being rude, but please explain how it’s fair 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency on top of gems but everyone else completing event second time gets gems only? Rational adult here says that’s not fair?
  • This is ****. I spent over 5000 shards gearing malak to 12... and now theyll take it away?

This is also **** cuz instead of checking the coding before re-releasing the event, they hide behind "its a bug in the system" ****
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member

PRECISELY

To be honest though, it does seem like an odd fix, and unfair to those that didn't have 7* Malak already.

...and to an extent, I get it. You can't make EVERYone happy, so concentrate on making the ones that drop the fat stacks happy. It's not complicated. It sucks that that's the way it is, but...

comforts his 5* Malak
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • I just purchased 10 malak shards will the GET be refunded on the rollback?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

...and to an extent, I get it. You can't make EVERYone happy, so concentrate on making the ones that drop the fat stacks happy. It's not complicated. It sucks that that's the way it is, but...

comforts his 5* Malak

I agree it's unfair.

But now we're arguing that only whales have a 7* Malak after all this time?

Really?
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member

LOL can you give me the lotto numbers?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    DJT1 wrote: »

LOL can you give me the lotto numbers?

I can tell you they're all under 24 at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkP_OGDCLY0
  • I played the event and got 75 shards this morning before realizing there was a bug. According to this, I'll get less shard shop currency than if I hadn't logged on today and did nothing. So I'm being slapped on the wrist for playing the event with an unlocked Malak. Terrible plan. Now everyone is mad. Either let people keep the shards and give out gems or give everyone the same shard shop payout and gems. Trying to parse this out won't please anyone.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Found footage of CG taking away the Malak shards.

tumblr_n3mrorIumw1tvs3v3o1_400.gif
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    DJT1 wrote: »

Not being rude, but please explain how it’s fair 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency on top of gems but everyone else completing event second time gets gems only? Rational adult here says that’s not fair?
    How is it fair to re-run this event so quickly so soon? For people who invested the first time and the second time around, its not a good ROI unlike other events, that historically meant that Malak's third return should be in December, and out of those 6 months, most of us had him at 5 stars for 4 months, just like the majority of General Skywalker owners, and as everyone is saying, he is toons are unusable at 5 stars

so we didn't get to play with Malak until 4 months after April. As someone who got him the first time, it seems I'm being punished for getting him so soon
  • qbk94 wrote: »
    I played the event and got 75 shards this morning before realizing there was a bug. According to this, I'll get less shard shop currency than if I hadn't logged on today and did nothing. So I'm being slapped on the wrist for playing the event with an unlocked Malak. Terrible plan. Now everyone is mad. Either let people keep the shards and give out gems or give everyone the same shard shop payout and gems. Trying to parse this out won't please anyone.

I fully agree. Same here. But no, it wasnt a bug. It was a sloppy re-release. They didnt check the coding. But now theyre hiding behind the "bug in the system" garbage.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    @Nikoms565 spam filter ate my message up with respect to your post

I'm not ignoring you but Its up to the mods now
  • Allo,havent been here in ages,its not worth my time,but oh well,today is a good day.

My opinion is man up and own your mistakes,dont take anything back,couse you are **** all your customers and you cant refund everything anyway.
    Some folks got lucky,got extra shards,thats fine in my book,bugs do happen,but rollbacks,its a big big no for me.

Oh and for those that might say something,no i didnt get anything,i still havent farmed for revans.