Please Change Arena(s) Time Limit

Hey so, quick introduction. I've been playing SWGOH off and on since slightly before Wicket release so something like 2 running on three years now?-But every time I come back I start up a new account, for reference I'm currently level 73 and the only thing I've got going for me is that Ive won about 25 galactic wars and with a ftp Phoenix team (which I daresay is much better than my alts were doing by now)

I can't say I'm completely well versed in the nuances of this game, the toons, the ins and out of what makes a speed mod better than another speed mod..

But I do know well enough not to complain about not being able to beat Enfys, instead I'm absolutely flabbergasted you unlock that kit at only 25 shards

So, to the point

I could look up how many squad arena matches I've had, I'd have to back out and the number is irrelevant anyways, just know that every day I do the required amount for the quest

Anywho, squad arena being what it is, you have the choice of cycling matches until you (eventually) find one you're confident you can win, and as such I've been doing so. This is important because even then I lose a significant amount of my matches to the timer and only the timer

There are toons specially kitted around wasting time, even more so than regular tanks are and its ridiculous.

You meet a slow Enfys, you're not targeting her until she's last because you don't want buffs removed and crits thrown in your face like confetti.

At my level you avoid Unmasked Kylos like the plague 'cause if you have one weak link in your comp, for me its Slow-To-Farm-Sabine (multiattack= massive health gain)- you'll have trouble doing enough DPS

Phoenix teams, a staple of 95% of players below level 85 in my experience, ENTIRELY revolve around pushing the timer. With armor shred, increasing offense, and their incredible sustain without sacrificing much damage output, the late game ball is in their court. If you finally manage to push past their two taunts you deserve the win because you've gutted their uniques, but you won't get it cause you've got one (1) minute to take down three toons that are most likely at similar or even higher gear levels than you

That ^ being the case, it is my opinion that you shouldn't lose matches because you didn't have enough DPS to outright kill an enemy/team immediately, because that's not likely to happen since youre facing stronger and stronger opponents as you climb

If I could (I most certainly can't) blast my way through a team of tanks and kill a Vandor Chewie, I should be able to win at that point, I shouldnt lose/draw (what a useless distinction)- because I ran out of time and not toons

I understand that mine is not everyone's experience, and I don't know yet if theres a fleet example for this, but I find it hard to believe that this is not a rampant problem even as you progress further into the game.

And I'm obviously a little biased but I can't see any significant cons to changing the time limit or removing it entirely, its not like arena rewards wait for you to finish your match if you're fighting whenever it happens, and teams that exist solely to waste your time can still do that but this way the quality of your comp can actually be more important, and I should think "quality" can be bought (hint hint)

Anyways, thanks for hearing (reading) me out, let the roast begin I suppose

Replies

• Theres a way to change payout times via settings.

Theres a 1 or 2 limit.

Idk where it is but its there
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    GBahia03 wrote: »
    Theres a way to change payout times via settings.

Theres a 1 or 2 limit.

He's talking about length of the battles, not payout time.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    GBahia03 wrote: »
    Theres a way to change payout times via settings.

Theres a 1 or 2 limit.

He's talking about length of the battles, not payout time.

Ohhhhhhhhh