These arena shard chats are extremely annoying

Prev13
So I've gotten rank number 1 for the first time recently several times in arena after changing my payout and quite frankly the climb up really isn't too bad between padme and the grievous nuke squad. Everyday though I have seen someone running the exact same nuke team except with less zetas, worse mods, and lower gear in squad arena. Yet everyday they seem to never get pushed out of the top 20. I have a full g12 plus all zetas high end mods nuke squad with a relic 7 grievous and I consistently get pushed back to the mid 30s and have to fight my way back at some obscure hour and waste a refresh just to get back up to the top. There's no logical explanation for why I get tagged everyday and somebody with a way worse squad sits in the same spot unless there's some underhanded stuff going on. That being said I know this has been brought up before just expressing frustration that working hard on a team means less then getting into some exclusive arena chat that allows you to not get constantly hit. This game should've moved more crystals away from squad arena a long time ago, and I would hope that along with these so called anti-cheating measures you are working on that this would be something that could be discussed and somehow monitored as well as it creates an unfair playing field for essentially what is the most necessary resource in the game, crystals.

Replies

  • I’m in the arena shard and i get knocked to 30 or 50. The only benefit is to climb safely to your PO! Then you are getting targueted as everyone else. Maybe your squad is easy to counter with Bastillaz and JKR.
  • You over geared you nuke team. Some of the most effective nuke teams, and especially some of the hardest to attack are low gear. Low gear means they die quicker and GG gets his bonus goes. High gear means they live long enough for marked to appear on Grevious and give people an easy win. Arena Defence has always been about being the most inconvenient. Zariss with Kenobi ran for a longtime not because it was good, but because it took 4 minutes to beat and I could beat a better team quicker so normally just did that. It maybe a group chat thing, but just as likely your weaker friend is a 30%+ chance of an offensive loss and your closer to 10%+ becuase of over gearing. I wouldn’t worry the nuke team is pretty irrelevant now Gen Sky Guy is arriving (even the 5 Star version) so it will be all change anyway before too long and we can all chase the next one
  • Gifafi
    5659 posts Member
    So contact the top players and try and get in the chat
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Moving crystal income out of arena is not the answer (for players or CG). Join the arena shard chat. It's fun. Most shard chats are a bunch of nice guys ages girls who just don't want CG to keep extra crystals.

    not always so easy. I can't find find my arena shard chat. I've heard other people being told they aren't welcome to join or the chat is full. I was invited in 3 years ago, but there is no way to find the group now. I have tried multiple times.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Moving crystal income out of arena is not the answer (for players or CG). Join the arena shard chat. It's fun. Most shard chats are a bunch of nice guys ages girls who just don't want CG to keep extra crystals.

    not always so easy. I can't find find my arena shard chat. I've heard other people being told they aren't welcome to join or the chat is full. I was invited in 3 years ago, but there is no way to find the group now. I have tried multiple times.
    You can find the ally code of a player you suspect to be part of the chat on the swgoh website and then send an in-game message. If your team is good enough, they'll probably accept you.
  • Crystals in arena is the backbone of this game. For the sake of the longevity of this game.. it needs to continue on.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    I will tell you as someone who runs squad arena chat. Gg suicide squad is annoying. It's a cheap team with limited viability long term.

    It is a viable counter to a speed dominant team when the mod lottery has not dropped you endless 25+ speed mods


    OP you might be stepping on people's toes who are climbing at the same time as you. Reaching out to others might help but it doesn't take a lot to annoy the shard chat and they may not be up for the brash newcomer. Especially with only GG as the viable climbing tool.
  • Gg is done next time GAS comes around. Once you get 5 or 6 at the top of arena there will be no route through for GG.

    Don’t get me wrong I love cheap FTP teams - my Teebo team may still be lowest (comparative to the meta) gear team to regularly get to first so I get it. But none of these trick teams have longevity for very long
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Congrats on hitting first !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

    This, must be a reason you’ve never been invited to the server. If you’ve been actually hitting first they should have contacted you but without any screenshots or anything I’m guessing you’re just tired of having to play arena daily.

    boi0dfd49gmz.png
  • Lozsta wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »
    I will tell you as someone who runs squad arena chat. Gg suicide squad is annoying. It's a cheap team with limited viability long term.

    It is a viable counter to a speed dominant team when the mod lottery has not dropped you endless 25+ speed mods


    OP you might be stepping on people's toes who are climbing at the same time as you. Reaching out to others might help but it doesn't take a lot to annoy the shard chat and they may not be up for the brash newcomer. Especially with only GG as the viable climbing tool.

    I literally moved my payout time to 5am just to make sure I wasn't hitting anybody at their normal times
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

    This, must be a reason you’ve never been invited to the server. If you’ve been actually hitting first they should have contacted you but without any screenshots or anything I’m guessing you’re just tired of having to play arena daily.

    That isn't necessarily true well established chats that aren't looking to increase their members won't be actively seeking him or her out. So it's not a given if anything he will be treated as an annoyance and just means you will **** off the shard chat. 20+ against 1 isn't gonna win them anything and force everyone to burn crystals on refreshes. Members in shard chat needs longevity they aren't gonna just invite one person who uses a gimp team to climb that won't last much longer. If the player cannot stay consistently in the top 20 and into new metas they will just be a fleeting member and then they will be buried into the 50 and 100s. So yea if he doesn't have a roster well built to move into new metas he's never gonna get an invite into a matured squad arena.

    It's best if he proactively reaches out and asks to avoid peoples payouts who climb around his time. a soft delicate approach is imo the best approach.

    I will tell you as someone who runs squad arena chat. Gg suicide squad is annoying. It's a cheap team with limited viability long term.

    I run two separate teams, the gg nuke squad and a relic padme gk relic 7 anakin galactic republic team and it doesn't matter which one I leave up on defense. I also see people running padme teams with lower gear and worse mods who aren't getting pushed back like I am. You're telling me that both grievous and padme are cheap inviable teams?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Honestly though, i feel like every player should alteast go through a couple months of sniping/locking. People love to blame every arena woe they're having on there being a shardchat, but prior to the shardchat it was mayham during pay-outs all throughout the day.
    An established system for all pay-outs and the ability to change our pay-out time has made arena a much, much more userfriendly experience.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Issue has been discussed many times on this forum and people's views on the matter vary from it's legit on one hand, to collusion on the other.
    Either way, it's pretty irrelevant as it won't change. Your best bet is to try and reach out to the others and ask them about their payout times and tell them yours. Let them know you hadn't intentionally bumped anyone on their climb. And hope that they are good guys / gals and play ball with you.
    Good luck.
  • Devian
    413 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    This game should've moved more crystals away from squad arena a long time ago, and I would hope that along with these so called anti-cheating measures you are working on that this
    You really hate this game, do you?
    If they'd do this, half the community would simply go away, I can guarantee you. No only ftp, but most dolphins as well. Why? coz other then that, there's no other stable crystal income that can help you upgrade your squad and no reason to get new characters. Or you want to propose dolphins to whale harder?))))
    GA? At division-1 simply whaleland
  • PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    I consistently get pushed back to the mid 30s and have to fight my way back at some obscure hour and waste a refresh just to get back up to the top.
    P.S. so you basically constantly refresh and **** other people when climbing not at your PO? Good luck getting on everyone's white list XD

  • Devian wrote: »
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    I consistently get pushed back to the mid 30s and have to fight my way back at some obscure hour and waste a refresh just to get back up to the top.
    P.S. so you basically constantly refresh and **** other people when climbing not at your PO? Good luck getting on everyone's white list XD

    Not sure you have the capability to read the entire post. I moved my payout to 5am which is the aforementioned obscure hour. The only time I do climb is right around my payout other than that I don't touch anyone all day. Your previous comment also doesn't make sense. The post suggested having another stable source of crystals, not completely removing them from arena and leaving everyone with nothing as that literally doesn't even make sense. I fail to see a valid point presented on either end.
  • PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.


    I run two separate teams, the gg nuke squad and a relic padme gk relic 7 anakin galactic republic team and it doesn't matter which one I leave up on defense. I also see people running padme teams with lower gear and worse mods who aren't getting pushed back like I am. You're telling me that both grievous and padme are cheap inviable teams?

    I was expecting more of a:

    thanks SK1 for taking the time to read my post and make a useful point on it, I hadn’t considered over gearing and this could be hurting me on Defence, all that said I do also run another team which should hold on Defence and still doesn’t so it is likely I am being targeted. Maybe all the other guys are right and it’s my social skills that are the problem.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

    Should we change the name of the game to Galaxy of Circle Jerking then? I'm supposed to pander to this type of behavior when I don't support it? This isn't instagram or Facebook. They built a separate mode in game if you want to team up with other to take people down, why take the game mode that is supposed to prove your capability as an individual and turn it into a social contest?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

    Should we change the name of the game to Galaxy of Circle Jerking then? I'm supposed to pander to this type of behavior when I don't support it? This isn't instagram or Facebook. They built a separate mode in game if you want to team up with other to take people down, why take the game mode that is supposed to prove your capability as an individual and turn it into a social contest?

    Why did you change your pay-out if the game mode is supposed to prove your capability as an individual? Seems to me you just wanted to be the only individual battling at that time...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

    Should we change the name of the game to Galaxy of Circle Jerking then? I'm supposed to pander to this type of behavior when I don't support it? This isn't instagram or Facebook. They built a separate mode in game if you want to team up with other to take people down, why take the game mode that is supposed to prove your capability as an individual and turn it into a social contest?

    Why did you change your pay-out if the game mode is supposed to prove your capability as an individual? Seems to me you just wanted to be the only individual battling at that time...

    I changed my payout to try to make sure I wasn't hitting anybody at their normal payout times as I assumed the reason I was getting pushed back was because I must have been hitting somebody and they decided they didn't like it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

    Should we change the name of the game to Galaxy of Circle Jerking then? I'm supposed to pander to this type of behavior when I don't support it? This isn't instagram or Facebook. They built a separate mode in game if you want to team up with other to take people down, why take the game mode that is supposed to prove your capability as an individual and turn it into a social contest?

    Why did you change your pay-out if the game mode is supposed to prove your capability as an individual? Seems to me you just wanted to be the only individual battling at that time...

    I changed my payout to try to make sure I wasn't hitting anybody at their normal payout times as I assumed the reason I was getting pushed back was because I must have been hitting somebody and they decided they didn't like it.

    Exactly my point. You can't say you dislike shardchats because it's supposed to be a FFA contest, but justify changing pay-out slot to face less competition. It's all the same.
    Like i said before, before shardchats arena was mayham. Getting pushed back, sniped and locked out was normal. Back then you couldn't change pay-out, so you were forced to battle the same players for the same spot every day.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

    Should we change the name of the game to Galaxy of Circle Jerking then? I'm supposed to pander to this type of behavior when I don't support it? This isn't instagram or Facebook. They built a separate mode in game if you want to team up with other to take people down, why take the game mode that is supposed to prove your capability as an individual and turn it into a social contest?

    Why did you change your pay-out if the game mode is supposed to prove your capability as an individual? Seems to me you just wanted to be the only individual battling at that time...

    I changed my payout to try to make sure I wasn't hitting anybody at their normal payout times as I assumed the reason I was getting pushed back was because I must have been hitting somebody and they decided they didn't like it.

    You are most likely to be hitting somebody(s) in the chat.

    I'm in a chat. We let go of anyone not in the chat as long as they show some awareness of the flow of others. The ones that are rampaging directly to the top over others will upcoming payouts get retailation. Even if you don't get in the chat, you have a chance to stick around my mapping out others behaviour.

  • its simple. contact someone from the chat and ask for a copy of their payout times, show you aint hitting anyones climb and respect their payouts. if your still around in the next meta you will most likely get invited into the chat and have an easy life.
    on the other hand if you want to keep messing with other peoples payout then why come here crying when they mess with yours?
    its a 2 way street either show your willing or dont
  • leef wrote: »
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

    Should we change the name of the game to Galaxy of Circle Jerking then? I'm supposed to pander to this type of behavior when I don't support it? This isn't instagram or Facebook. They built a separate mode in game if you want to team up with other to take people down, why take the game mode that is supposed to prove your capability as an individual and turn it into a social contest?

    Why did you change your pay-out if the game mode is supposed to prove your capability as an individual? Seems to me you just wanted to be the only individual battling at that time...

    I changed my payout to try to make sure I wasn't hitting anybody at their normal payout times as I assumed the reason I was getting pushed back was because I must have been hitting somebody and they decided they didn't like it.

    Exactly my point. You can't say you dislike shardchats because it's supposed to be a FFA contest, but justify changing pay-out slot to face less competition. It's all the same.
    Like i said before, before shardchats arena was mayham. Getting pushed back, sniped and locked out was normal. Back then you couldn't change pay-out, so you were forced to battle the same players for the same spot every day.

    You are really confused aren't you? You are trying to say that me moving my payout time is the exact same behavior that they are showing which is incorrect. I was forced to move because I have people around me who are collaborating to push me out. I didn't proactively contact other players to try to stonewall somebody from a payout. I am facing an equal amount of competition whether my payout is at 5am or at 5pm, the only thing that changed was whether me getting my payout was affecting someone else getting theirs at their chosen time.
Sign In or Register to comment.