I spent real money because of your oversight.

I was excited when I saw I could get Malak shards again. I thought this was by design (naively so) and worked hard to beat the Light Side again to get the last 5 shards I needed since Dark side put me at 95. I bought some packs I wouldn't have bought otherwise to immediately bump Malak up to 7*, because I knew it would be weeks before I needed the gear and didn't have it stored at the moment.

I have questions:

Will I keep the gear? Will I get a refund and return the gear? Should I expect every future event to "feature" bugs like this?

I know I'm not the only one to spend money having excitedly 7*'d Malak after working on him for so long. I can't help but feel that this bug wasn't *entirely* unintentional. Malak was the first shameless money grab I saw in this game, and it has just been getting worse with relics and General Anakin.

I have been playing this game faithfully for over 3 years not only because I enjoy it, but because I feel that you at CG truly care about players. This faith in your company is waning and eroding with the direction I see the game heading. I have clawed my way up to heights I did not think possible staying F2P, but it is becoming clear to me that you care less about F2P players each week. This is even more poignant knowing that I spent money on a game I had intended to keep mostly F2P because I was so excited.

I made the choice to spend the money, that's on me. I spend money on occasion when there's a sale or when I feel like treating myself. I care about this game a lot even though I'm not a whale, but you created a situation that excited a lot of people (intentionally or otherwise) and gave them reason to spend money they wouldn't have otherwise. The day I feel that you put money above players is the day I stop playing this game.

Replies

• I think people should dispute charges on their credit cards. CG cannot blame others for their mistakes.
  • Like I said, I made the choice to spend money, I will own that. I don't appreciate spending the money with the expectation that the benefits from that spending would be immediately effective.
  • They screwed up. Why should you get screwed for spending money on your account. They should be thankful you did. I did the same thing.
  • Just ask for refund from ITunes/Google store etc. I just did and they refunded the money.
  • It’s not iTunes/google stores issues. It EAs screw up.
  • I know, but I just wanted my money back.....EA doesn’t want to know, I still lost over 9k saved crystals on unwanted gear now but at least I got my money back! And most importantly CG will lose a few £
  • Same here, spent $130 for two packs to not waste so much time and cannot get a refund as I’ve “used” the purchased items, which I have. I would have rather purchased crystals with that amount so due to false advertising I’m down $130 and gained 250 crystals.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Shardazi wrote: »
    Same here, spent $130 for two packs to not waste so much time and cannot get a refund as I’ve “used” the purchased items, which I have. I would have rather purchased crystals with that amount so due to false advertising I’m down $130 and gained 250 crystals.

You're not "down" the 130 as you still have the purchased items (or will have them refunded). The 250 crystals is just bonus.
  • My biggest problem with this situation is that I bought the packs for an immediate bonus, which is exactly what they are. Due to the nature of this rollback, the 'immediacy' of the pack is completely nullified. I could have (and probably still will) farmed the pieces over the next few weeks. While I still have the pieces from the pack, I spent money I wouldn't have otherwise for an immediate effect.
  • This screw up is going to cost them a lot of players if they don’t fix it properly. And a lot of money.
  • I honestly thought this event was intentional. I went full throttle and now I have to be punished. I think SWGOH has seen the last of me. Time to part ways. The fun is gone.
  • CasperUSF wrote: »
    I honestly thought this event was intentional. I went full throttle and now I have to be punished. I think SWGOH has seen the last of me. Time to part ways. The fun is gone.

I feel this way exactly.
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I cant decide which one is worst, spending money on an event that you already succeed or doing so just for 5 shards.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    It’s not iTunes/google stores issues. It EAs screw up.

Not the best way at looking at it. The player is the customer and this is customer’s money. and This is a remedy that both stores offer to the end user for situations where the application developer isn’t an honest actor in a situation. This isn’t an illegitimate request because you spent and didn’t succeed in your goal. This is covered under ToS and even legal protections. Card disputes also work well, but I’d go through the payment processor first.