It's gonna be so bad 😭😫😭

Prev13
JZ95
167 posts Member
Just watched the trailer for the new movie, it's not looking good at all... **** it Disney, **** it :disappointed:

Replies

• JZ95
    167 posts Member
    No way Anakin or Luke are coming back, it's gonna be all Rey vs the world, no time lapse either from the looks of it, although rose looks different so who knows
  • Nobody knows I mean look at End Game and how they pulled that out of their ... Yeah.

New trilogy > OT

But that's just because of time and graphics and technology that exists today.

Facts are facts
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    The movie looks spectacular just like the last Jedi. I have no doubt it's going to look flawless. But I'll take a good story over good visuals.

1. Kylo Ren's personality disorders. I would hope by now this would have been solved. The guy needs to make up his mind, one day he wants to join Rey, the next he wants to kill her, the next he wants to be friends again, the next they fight. The guy needs to sort this out, it's getting tiring.

2. Rey is still untrained. Dude her lightsaber skills are laughable, she swings the lightsaber left and right like a 10 year old who held a stick in their hand for the first time. Her lightsaber session on Ahch-To makes people cringe. She practices move that she could never dream of using in combat realistically.

3. No Anakin/Vader in the trailer, Luke is a ghost, no chance he comes back. The episode is called "Rise of Skywalker" but there ain't gonna be no Skywalker, I am really curious to see how the title marches the episode.
  • How do you know the person on the throne isnt Luke? They didnt show him as a ghost in any of the trailers and he did get fat paid for this movie just to be a simple ghost for a few minutes.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • starkiller_1_SoC
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Given people are already expecting a blow out, but I really hope it’s not...

Here was my idea for rescuing the saga, obviously completely incorrect now, but hey would have been nice.

I would love for Luke on Achtoo to have also been a force projection the whole time. Luke is now so powerful he has split off parts of his consciousness to fulfill different tasks at a distance. That explains why Luke on Achtoo or in the final battle never really seemed to be the same character as Luke Skywalker from OT, and actually were also inconsistent with each other.

they could explain that after Luke primary attention has been subduing the dark side conciousness of Plaguis (or similar) who is actually much older still and has used the rule of two to transfer from entity to entity for generations hence Palpatines incredible power and also how he went undetected because his power wasn’t new to new to the universe. during this time a version of Luke has also assisted Ashoka and Ezra who are now both grey jedi (done via flashback)

Rey is a second attempt at creating an Anakin type vessel (an old plan of th empowers enacted by first generation FO ahead of their return by agents who found the emporers observatory on jakku) but one of the Luke’s (split conciousness) was able to hide her, which is when the dark side consciousness targeted Ben. Luke had become Weakened by splitting his conciousness trying to tie up so many loose ends in the universe and then “snoke” who is effectively a puppet vessel for only part of the dark side (also split) conciousness it able to influence Ben.

The reason Luke wouldn’t get involved in TLJ is that he knew he was already losing the battle with the dark side entity, he had left the weakest part of himself on Achtoo as a fail safe (including a map to find him). When he choose to save the resistance he finally failed to contain the entity which overcomes Kylo.

With now unlimited power Kylo goes full Vader and is unstoppable. He finally faces Rey after chasing them across the universe.

Prior to this Ben has been even more conflicted because he has been speaking to the force ghost of Leia and also Anakin.

Just as Mega Kylo is about to finish the job when Rey refuses for the final time to join him (force vision of her a bad **** dark jedi) Luke appears because he had been guiding Rey to his nexus all a long (where he was at his strongest) as a trap for the entity. Even so he is still not strong enough.

Then as all seems lost Ben’s conciousness reassert itself for just a moment as Anakin and Leia ghosts encourage him to seek the light.

Luke say “I am sorry” to Ben and ends Ben and the entity before walking I into the light of a council of force ghost jedis who have been with him all along at the nexus. In real time he becomes a force ghost and as Rey goes Grey Jedi like Ashoka and Ezra. The force is finally in balance.

Flash backs of Luke’s existence give tons of set ups for future content especially with Ashoka and Ezra. Keeps the glorious Mark Hamil in a job for a bit longer, and because Poe and Finn and Rose are irrelevant to plot can save a ton of money on production for stars non of the fans like (since they were ruined in TLJ)

This would actually make sense of Ryan Johnson’s Luke which for me was the most disappointing aspect to an otherwise mediocre movie.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    How do you know the person on the throne isnt Luke? They didnt show him as a ghost in any of the trailers and he did get fat paid for this movie just to be a simple ghost for a few minutes.

Because it is Darth Sidious. Jason Ward from Makingstarwars.net confirmed on several leaks. The guy has sources inside Lucasfilm, he is legit.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    How do you know the person on the throne isnt Luke? They didnt show him as a ghost in any of the trailers and he did get fat paid for this movie just to be a simple ghost for a few minutes.

Because it is Darth Sidious. Jason Ward from Makingstarwars.net confirmed on several leaks. The guy has sources inside Lucasfilm, he is legit.

As long as it isn’t Mike Zeroh, there’s a good chance it’s on the money. I stopped watching him a very longtime ago as did almost everyone else I know, but he seems to keep getting new followers.

If they do another trilogy, I should definitely consider restarting my channel and do daily updates on thin theories, apparently there is a ton of money in it lol.

Jason Ward does have a solid track record though.

Still hoping that JJ pulls it out his @ZZ and the last movie of the saga feel more OT than TLJ
  • New trilogy was bad from the beginning when they invented FO and "new canon", killing Expanded Universe. All they offered instead are bad storylines for Rey, Finn, Kylo, Rose :D and other characters with no back-story or even sense
  • Honestly, they should scrap all of the sequels entirely; there's no way of saving them.
  • Honestly, they should scrap all of the sequels entirely; there's no way of saving them.
    That would upset my 9 year old daughter, who’s running round the house dressed as Rey this morning — it might give me some peace and quiet though 😂
  • anakin: i have no father
    c3po: i am your father
    That would upset my 9 year old daughter, who’s running round the house dressed as Rey this morning — it might give me some peace and quiet though 😂

Kids are resilient and she'll have a new favorite character soon enough.

If they brought on a bunch of new writers, stuck to one director, and got rid of some of the producers/executives (especially those who insist on hamfisted identity politics) I could see them successfully rebooting the sequels in a way that wouldn't completely ruin the franchise. I won't hold my breath, though; quality writing in TV and movies is a thing of the past.
  • **** it LOOKS so amazing and beautyful, yet we know the story will be a wet cake:(
  • Hera’s ship is in the trailer....I bet she isn’t 😕
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    It's going to be a crap festival of cobbled together chimaeras from Rebels, the OT and this... Thing... That people calls "New trilogy". Honestly, after TLJ i just hope the movie sucks hard to give it the proper ending this trilogy deserves. It's been a dumpster fire of l
    Plot and lore inconsistencies FOR THE SAKE OF PLOT, one-dimensional characters, Marie Sues, force ****, etc.

The only good thing i can give them is in some places of the visual department but that's about it. The hyperspace bomb looked cool as hell, but just no.

I just can't understand why is it so hard to replicate Rogue One's formula. Of all the new movies, that one stood on a well deserved pillar and none of the other movies can event think of pushing it down.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    What **** me off is that Ryan Johnson missed the point of star wars...

Star wars trilogies span an entire era of the Galaxy, a few years at least. They aren't about a small segment of the war, like an episode.

For example the prequels span decades within just 3 movies and that's amazing! We go from young Anakin, Palpatine is just a senator, to Padawan Anakin, Palpatine/Dooku's plans are in motion, to the finale which is the end of the war, Anakin is now a complete Jedi, Palpatine reveals his identity, order 66.

The sequels span the resistance, episode 4 we discover Luke who meets Leia, we have the destruction of the death star. Episode 5 Luke trains with Yoda becomes a Jedi over the course of a few months, although it seems much shorter. Episode 6 Luke is a complete Jedi, we get death star 2.0 which implies that quite some time passed, the rebellion is on its last foot, Luke turns Vader to light and they defeat the emperor.

There is a feel of progression, like we are being told the story of not just these characters but the actual galaxy. These new movies feel like a joke. Starts nice with the force awakens, we get our characters, I actually like the whole mystery surrounding Snoke, but episode 8 comes and completely misses the point.

Misses the opportunity to show a time lapse, Rey finding Luke, getting actual training and the two of them with Leia gathering their forces to go after Snoke and save Kylo. Instead we see a two hour session of essentially something that could have been skipped altogether. The resistance running away from the first order in a two hour chase... It's so insanely disappointing. Character assassination of Luke, never addressing Rey's Mary Sue problems, Kylo turns on Snoke for whom he showed big loyalty, basically because he was insulted. The entire episode is a waste of time like I'm watching a filler movie, even rogue 1 felt like it had more progression...
  • Never understood why people complain in one hand that Luke's character was assassinated but on the other that Rey is a Mary Sue. Isn't Luke's arc in the OT similar to Rey's? Aren't they similarly flawed or not, as the case may be?
  • Never understood why people complain in one hand that Luke's character was assassinated but on the other that Rey is a Mary Sue. Isn't Luke's arc in the OT similar to Rey's? Aren't they similarly flawed or not, as the case may be?

no

no

Counterpoint: yes
  • trevyclause
    399 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Hera’s ship is in the trailer....I bet she isn’t 😕

Bet she is. She shows up in some of the novels as a New Republic General.

The sequels are only “bad” because expectations were through the roof. The stories are legit (even though TFA is basically a rehash of ANH), characters are interesting to many people (me included), planets are cool, ships are sweet, lightsaber fights (the one fight there has been) are so cool, and the effects are stunning, among other things. We all just thought we were going to get a version of the Yuuzhan Vong War or Jacen Solo killing Mara Jade. When that didn’t happen and we got what we have, disappointment turned to anger to hatred to suffering (see what I did there).

Star Wars was made for kids, as stated by the creator himself many times. 4/5 kids I talk to that have seen Star Wars love these new movies. I for one really enjoy them as well (I personally am a prequel guy).

We haven’t seen the movie yet. Who knows. It might all work out. JJ is a pretty smart guy. And if the creator had anything to say about it (which he did) I feel pretty optimistic.

Edit to the character portion: except Rose. She can go. Lol.
  • No, it isn't about missed expectations (at least not the way you suggest). The sequels are bad because the writing is bad. There was so much potential with what they had, but they kind of mashed it up and smeared it all over the walls instead of doing anything productive or noteworthy with it.

The First Order was not a sinister enemy with a stranglehold on the galaxy, they were easily defeated edgelords that we all got to laugh at. Rey's character has little to no justification for her skills, which would have been fine if so much screentime hadn't been directed towards "you should be impressed with her, why aren't you impressed with her?" I mean, anyone with common sense could figure out she wasn't all that great at fighting the way she was meant to be (even if it's just from a narrative standpoint of "a self-trained staff fighter shouldn't have been able to defeat a Dark Sider with at least a decade of dedicated combat training"). And that's not even touching the nonsense that was the Last Jedi.

You know your writing has problems when there's a whole bunch of fanfiction with better writing than the source material (which is so common these days it isn't even funny).

But for kicks and giggles, what I think should have happened in TFA: Poe still gets captured--but he wasn't looking for Luke, he was tracking some sort of shipment that proves that the First Order is Up to Something Of the Planet Killing Scale--and Finn still defects and helps him escape--preferably after he's done some stuff that doesn't sit quite right with him and he's on the verge of being sent back for "reprogramming"; his "programming" shouldn't have failed the first time out, because it suggests a failure rate high enough that no one with any sense is going to continue to pump resources into it--and they still get separated and Finn still drags Rey into a series of misadventures. During those misadventures we see Rey acting with competence that suggests there's reasons for her skillset (and if there's any fighting get someone who knows what they're doing to choreograph it for Sith's sake!), and we also see and hear some of what the First Order is doing to the Galaxy and why the Resistance is fighting them at all (you can't jump right to "LOL SPACE ****" without justifying it narratively). Maybe some off-hand remarks from Finn, maybe they catch up with Poe and he glares all angry and brooding while he talks about things the First Order did to him and his.

Throughout there's signs of pursuit and our protagonists continue to slip away by the skin of their teeth... until Kylo Ren is put on the hunt. Kylo is an actual scary [insert Samuel Jackson voice here] and tears through innocents and allies and their defenses alike as though whatever defenses they can mount are completely meaningless (bonus is one of our protagonists gets something cut off, is thrown into something hard enough to break bone, or Kylo throws huge things around with the Force) and only stops when Rey Force Throws Him (which may or may not turn out to be a thing she knew she could do). Cue sinister "interesting" and our resident Dark Sider backing off of his own free will (perhaps to contact his master, perhaps his knights).

Add in Han Solo and Chewbacca here, and what only looks like a clean getaway. Force Shenanigans or a tracking device later... there's Kylo! Here's where the epic space battle goes in which they still get shot down by Kylo's superior piloting. He chases them down to a (convenient) planet's surface where he confronts them, possibly with one of the knights finally getting screen time. Cue family drama and a "come to the dark side" monologue which ends in a fight. Han gets thrown into something or off something and we don't know whether he lived or he died (music tells us he's kill), insert an enraged wookie which gets into a standstill fight with the knight, and Kylo ripping through Finn and Poe and going right to Rey with intent to recruit her. There is either a convenient lightsaber on the ship that she's gotten her hands on or he gives her one--perhaps telling her the tragic story of the Jedi who owned it--and goads her into a lightsaber fight.

He tells her to use her anger, her frustration and frankly wipes the floor with her. Cue Han being not-as-dead-as-everyone thought and either stealing one of the First Order ships or stealing a convenient one that had been somewhere near where he'd fallen and gives them a Hail Mary escape. They get back towards the Resistance at this point, Poe confirms their worst fears--The First Order is definitely Up to Something--and Leia talks about finding Luke as well as drumming up additional support to stop the First Order. Maybe we'll see some other figures like Ackbar and Hera (if Holdo is going to be a thing this is where we should meet her).

And that's about where the first movie should end: it sets the scene and demonstrates who we are fighting and why, it introduces our new set of characters and gives them time to stand on their own without inserting the old ones right away, and gives us a solid lead in to the next movie. Now, would you rather watch this fully fleshed out or the movie we actually got?
  • All I really need to know about this movie is that the Emperor somehow survived being thrown into the Death Star reactor.
    Q3esq3J.gif
    That's it for me. George is getting upset.
  • All I really need to know about this movie is that the Emperor somehow survived being thrown into the Death Star reactor.
    Q3esq3J.gif

He got tossed into a reactor? I always thought it was some kind of giant hole, perhaps of plot proportions, that dumped him into space. Then he froze and floated away, just to be ripped to shreds by the falling debris of the death star 2.
    Q3esq3J.gif

He got tossed into a reactor? I always thought it was some kind of giant hole, perhaps of plot proportions, that dumped him into space. Then he froze and floated away, just to be ripped to shreds by the falling debris of the death star 2.

The Emperor's throne room was designed as a vulgar display of dominating power with a gaping chasm directly into the reactor core. The Emperor quite literally exploded when Vader threw him in. There can be no doubt that was the intent when it was filmed.
    4xbFciQ.gif

But this is the new Disney Star Wars universe. We learned in Star Wars Rebels that Palpatine had the ability to open a portal to The World Between Worlds, a nether region between time and space.
    mPTDBQK.jpg
    Ezra pulled Ahsoka out of Vader's clutches and into this dimension before Vader could strike her down.
    GviTjuO.jpg
    Ezra and Ahsoka walked around in this wormhole so we know it's a habitable place if not particularly cozy. If Palps survived and the writers have the slightest clue about SW lore, he must have somehow escaped into this dimension.

Disney just loves to retcon Star Wars history. It's silly because we have no idea what's going on anymore. Time travel ruins everything.

Both Ezra and Ahsoka are still out there somewhere. Bringing one or both of them into Ep 9 would be a fantastic move, probably the only move worth going to the theater for, so that's probably not going to happen. Instead it's going to be some weakly thought out "plot" that makes no sense because if Palp did escape into the WBW then he could have popped back out wherever or whenever he wanted. He could have popped back into the throne room right behind Luke and Vader and just lightninged them into oblivion like he had never left. He could effectively use the WBW to instantaneously teleport anywhere in the galaxy to impose his will. Engage ludicrous speed.
    Q3esq3J.gif

The Emperor's throne room was designed as a vulgar display of dominating power with a gaping chasm directly into the reactor core. The Emperor quite literally exploded when Vader threw him in. There can be no doubt that was the intent when it was filmed.
    4xbFciQ.gif

But this is the new Disney Star Wars universe. We learned in Star Wars Rebels that Palpatine had the ability to open a portal to The World Between Worlds, a nether region between time and space.
    mPTDBQK.jpg
    Ezra pulled Ahsoka out of Vader's clutches and into this dimension before Vader could strike her down.
    GviTjuO.jpg
    Ezra and Ahsoka walked around in this wormhole so we know it's a habitable place if not particularly cozy. If Palps survived and the writers have the slightest clue about SW lore, he must have somehow escaped into this dimension.

Disney just loves to retcon Star Wars history. It's silly because we have no idea what's going on anymore. Time travel ruins everything.

Both Ezra and Ahsoka are still out there somewhere. Bringing one or both of them into Ep 9 would be a fantastic move, probably the only move worth going to the theater for, so that's probably not going to happen. Instead it's going to be some weakly thought out "plot" that makes no sense because if Palp did escape into the WBW then he could have popped back out wherever or whenever he wanted. He could have popped back into the throne room right behind Luke and Vader and just lightninged them into oblivion like he had never left. He could effectively use the WBW to instantaneously teleport anywhere in the galaxy to impose his will. Engage ludicrous speed.

That would make things interestinger. But I would hate to see them exploit Avengers EndGame for Star Wars endga... I mean Rise of Skywalker.
  • Y'all are so funny.

The only thing that bothers me is that NOBODY, as best I can recall, has lost a limb yet in the ST. JJ Abrams is a loser that totally disregards and disrespects everything that came before him!!!!
  • Y'all are so funny.

The only thing that bothers me is that NOBODY, as best I can recall, has lost a limb yet in the ST. JJ Abrams is a loser that totally disregards and disrespects everything that came before him!!!!

Don't remember anyone loosing a limb in Solo or Rogue One either, and I was going to assume Anakin took 3 for the team.