Player harassment

Prev134
Let me ask the forums, and I do appreciate any wisdom/insight/advice on this topic.

For several months now, a player in my ship shard has been harassing me because I 'attack him'. I've told him, if you're in a spot that I need to hit my payout, I'm going to attack, goes the same for anyone who's in that spot. That's how advancement works. He then proceeds to inform that his pay out is hours AFTER mine therefore I'm hindering him from advancement. My response was, if yours is hours after mine, you have hours to catch back up. Seems like simple math to me.

Now ... apparently there is a ship shard 'chat' which only the privileged are allowed to enter, and they 'team up' to stall someone's advancement.

Today ... same thing over discord. Messages me, calls me a **** then block himself before I can respond.

I am DEBATING about reporting him in game. Should I?

Replies

• Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Shard chats have been a thing for a long time. Cg will do nothing about it.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The fact you waited this long to know what a shard chat is baffles me. Like do you read the forums?

Most people in this game are in shard chats. If you waited 3-4 years to get in one they likely are “full” and you missed your chance.

Only when people start quitting because of things CG doesn’t fix where there may be some room in one.
  • Hey man, best thing you can do is have the strongest fleet I. Your shard... or join your shard chat.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    RussianSKS wrote: »

Report him for what? He doesn't cheat. It's an arena. You insist on fighting him. He insists on fighting you. It's all good. Battle it out.

• No ... I very rarely read the forums. This is a game, not a lifestyle for me. I don't spend every waking moment reading up on ... I'm an adult with more important things to do. And for several months I DID have one f the strongest fleets, constantly in top 5
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If he harassed you on discord, there's nothing CG can or will do. If he harassed you on in-game chat, you can report that.
  • RussianSKS
    62 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Waqui wrote: »

Report him for what? He doesn't cheat. It's an arena. You insist on fighting him. He insists on fighting you. It's all good. Battle it out.
    it's the harassing PM's & name calling that's getting annoying.
  • Nothing you can do about it really. Sometimes it is to your benefit to defeat the troublesome player's fleet/squad and then spend the crystals to immediately refresh your wait timer and jump into battle again to try to put some distance between the two of you. Otherwise you spend all your battles just trading places back-and-forth and nobody gets anywhere. You could also try attacking somebody else instead as a peace offering, but that doesn't sound like an option for you.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    If he harassed you on discord, there's nothing CG can or will do. If he harassed you on in-game chat, you can report that.
    the best advice yet! good point
  • The in game stuff is legal (grey area that CG ignores). Messaging you on discord with a nasty statement about a potential crystal payout in a mobile game is out of line. Every person in this game can attack whoever they feel like. Personal shots across the bow are unnecessary.
  • Nothing you can do about it really. Sometimes it is to your benefit to defeat the troublesome player's fleet/squad and then spend the crystals to immediately refresh your wait timer and jump into battle again to try to put some distance between the two of you. Otherwise you spend all your battles just trading places back-and-forth and nobody gets anywhere. You could also try attacking somebody else instead as a peace offering, but that doesn't sound like an option for you.

Believe it or not ... I tried that. For about a month I purposely chose whomever was 'next' rank wise to leave him alone, but last week he was in the 19th spot and I wanted in the top 20, so I attacked. Immediately got a PM. I mean really. HAS to be a kid, right?
  • The in game stuff is legal (grey area that CG ignores). Messaging you on discord with a nasty statement about a potential crystal payout in a mobile game is out of line. Every person in this game can attack whoever they feel like. Personal shots across the bow are unnecessary.

Agreed!
  • RussianSKS wrote: »
    Nothing you can do about it really. Sometimes it is to your benefit to defeat the troublesome player's fleet/squad and then spend the crystals to immediately refresh your wait timer and jump into battle again to try to put some distance between the two of you. Otherwise you spend all your battles just trading places back-and-forth and nobody gets anywhere. You could also try attacking somebody else instead as a peace offering, but that doesn't sound like an option for you.

Believe it or not ... I tried that. For about a month I purposely chose whomever was 'next' rank wise to leave him alone, but last week he was in the 19th spot and I wanted in the top 20, so I attacked. Immediately got a PM. I mean really. HAS to be a kid, right?

Immature for sure, whether kid or adult. Feels "entitled" to that spot. "It's mine, stop it!!"
    Nothing you can do about it really. Sometimes it is to your benefit to defeat the troublesome player's fleet/squad and then spend the crystals to immediately refresh your wait timer and jump into battle again to try to put some distance between the two of you. Otherwise you spend all your battles just trading places back-and-forth and nobody gets anywhere. You could also try attacking somebody else instead as a peace offering, but that doesn't sound like an option for you.

Immature for sure, whether kid or adult. Feels "entitled" to that spot. "It's mine, stop it!!"

OMG ... you and I are cut from the same mold! I have uttered the exact same words!
  • Clearly they suffer from a lack of a diaper change so the best thing you can do it keep beating them and making their life miserable
  • Clearly they suffer from a lack of a diaper change so the best thing you can do it keep beating them and making their life miserable

Unfortunately ... my thoughts exactly!

I believe you. It's somebody who has too much time on their hands for sure if they are monitoring their rank that closely all day long. If you can climb your way into the top 10 or better, maybe you should try the battle refresh tactic. If you can outrun him, it might be worth the crystals for a better payout.

OMG ... you and I are cut from the same mold! I have uttered the exact same words!

vo9hg6xhybv2.gif

Sadly, there are many adults who act childish. Another idea is simply to try to get into the shard chat. Don't go through him though - find others (near the top - the whales) and ask them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

I believe you. It's somebody who has too much time on their hands for sure if they are monitoring their rank that closely all day long. If you can climb your way into the top 10 or better, maybe you should try the battle refresh tactic. If you can outrun him, it might be worth the crystals for a better payout.

Before GK's ship came along, that's what I used to do. These days, until I get that fleet established, it's a waste of crystals. Top 20 is all I can hope for until then.
  • Yeah that stinks. In my fleet arena I can climb to as high as the top 5 depending on where I start and rng. I just do my 5 battles if you know what I mean. there are 2 or 3 that are trying to climb with me. It took a few battles back and forth for me to realize which ones they were. As soon as I realized that I stopped using them as stepping stones out of courtesy. But believe me they haven't stopped using me as one. I'm not sure if they have a chat or not and I don't have an issue climbing within the top 20 other than trying to avoid those 2 to 3. I'm not competitive really so it is what it is but definitely frustrating. Good luck and game on!
  • Surprised this is happening in ships players must be bored with same teams in arena but not in ships lol.

I have seen players battling back in arena many times , racing to get last battle in before payout timer.

It’s PvP it’s a joke I’d be laughing if I saw y’all alternating positions because I know what’s going on lol.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Arena is half squad / fleet development and the other half is social. You seem to be failing one and this is the result.

Terrible reply. He plays the game WAI, even tries to not bother with that ****er, gets insulted permanently and you say he's failing in some kind of "social" skill.
    Oh my, where's Thanos when we need him
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If you don't want him messaging you on discord just block him. If you don't want him messaging you in game then don't accept the chat.
  • I would just mute him.
  • Reaver11 wrote: »
    I would just mute him.

Or screen shot and report. Or screen shot and share with the ship shard chat. You might be surprised that not all the people in a shard chat think the same way - or approve of people acting like jerks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Well, devilish maybe, but agnostic to the bone. No offense (offens? Offense? Not english good very much;) )
    You just seem to have skipped some parts of what OP wrote. He tried to sort this out with that guy. They already discussed their payout stuff. He tried everything you can do. But that guy (or girl maybe) seemingly claim some kind of Right to sit on his Rank and gets mad cuz probably he's not even able to conquer it back.
    That's not even legit in shard chats as far as i know.