Can I get CLS with these teams?

Hey everyone. I want to know if I can beat CLS/Daring Droid with these teams?

Rebels - https://swgoh.gg/squads/172311/

Empire - https://swgoh.gg/squads/172312/
Note: Several characters are not currectly updated. If you click on the portarits it will show the correct star/gear level. In addition, assume all characters are gear 8. Tarkin, magma, and TIE maybe gear 9 if I can manage it in time. All rebels will hopefully be gear 8 as well. All omegas will hopefully be added, and maybe a zeta if possible. I am more concerned about beating Daring Droid than the actual journey since my empire team is somewhat random.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You will need a full team of 5 empire characters at 7* to unlock R2D2 at 7* which is required for CLS.

I would suggest to farm Vader, Palpatine and Thrawn since you would want them at some point anyway.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    You will need a full team of 5 empire characters at 7* to unlock R2D2 at 7* which is required for CLS.

I would suggest to farm Vader, Palpatine and Thrawn since you would want them at some point anyway.

Right. I have Palpatine and Thrawn unlocked but only at 5 stars, so I am unable to use them. Assuming my Empire team is 7 stars, will I be able to beat the event. Also, Vader is literally only obtainable through achievement rewards or fleet arena store. How would I farm him efficiently?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Your combination of empire characters, is rather weak compared to some other easy to acquire teams. However, the event is not that hard, so with very good gear and mods, I guess almost any team will do. However, I'd still suggest to farm EP, Vader and Thrawn. It won't be wasted. They are great in other game modes as well.

If you buy Vader shards in the fleet store at every chance you get, you will get there eventually. Just make sure to always have at least 400 currency saved, in case the shards are up for sale.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Your combination of empire characters, is rather weak compared to some other easy to acquire teams. However, the event is not that hard, so with very good gear and mods, I guess almost any team will do. However, I'd still suggest to farm EP, Vader and Thrawn. It won't be wasted. They are great in other game modes as well.

If you buy Vader shards in the fleet store at every chance you get, you will get there eventually. Just make sure to always have at least 400 currency saved, in case the shards are up for sale.

I was thinking of trying to over-gear the characters in order to make up for the overall weakness of them. What level would you recommend for safety. (I'm thinking Gear 8/9 on all of them, if not gear 10 on magma if possible.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I was thinking of trying to over-gear the characters in order to make up for the overall weakness of them. What level would you recommend for safety. (I'm thinking Gear 8/9 on all of them, if not gear 10 on magma if possible.

I seriously doubt, that g8/9 will get you through tier 7 with that team composition - even if it's one of the easiest legendary events.

If you don't want Magma Trooper for anything else, there's not much reason to farm it. You can probably find better ways to spend your currency. Farming Ezra from 6* to 7* will take no time, and will make you able to get EP to 7*. Taking 2 more Phoenix to 7* will make you able to get Thrawn to 7*.

But in the end it's all up to you. Good luck.

• jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    [/quote]

I seriously doubt, that g8/9 will get you through tier 7 with that team composition - even if it's one of the easiest legendary events.

If you don't want Magma Trooper for anything else, there's not much reason to farm it. You can probably find better ways to spend your currency. Farming Ezra from 6* to 7* will take no time, and will make you able to get EP to 7*. Taking 2 more Phoenix to 7* will make you able to get Thrawn to 7*.

But in the end it's all up to you. Good luck.

[/quote]

Sadly, with the CLS event being 13 days away, I don't have a chance to farm EP/Thrawn until their next events. I just have to hope that I can over-gear the characters and get lucky with RNG. If not, I will have to wait for the next time around, which would really stink, but it's okay because I would have 7-star Thrawn and EP by then.