Scheduled Update 10/24 [MEGA]

Prev1
Sunnie1978
2937 posts Moderator
edited October 2019
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today’s Update contains several changes to address the Star Forge Showdown issue.

CHANGES
  • Star Forge Showdown event has been scheduled to start at 11:00 AM PT (18:00 UTC) tomorrow (10/25)
  • Darth Malak has returned to the GET Store
  • 500 Crystals sent to all accounts

Notes about Darth Malak Reversion:
  • 6 dot mods are not intended to be reverted with today’s update and these mods will remain on sub G12 Darth Malaks. These mods cannot be immediately re-equipped to Darth Malak if removed unless the character meets the requirements (Gear Level 12)
  • Due to a technical difficulty, the Darth Malak gear reversion did not work in its entirety. Not all players had their gear fully reverted, with most gear G12 and below remaining on the character. We have opted to leave the gear as is for the moment as we believe we have left many of the Darth Malaks in unique situations (6* Darth Malak with Gear 12, etc), that are ultimately in the player’s favor. Check your Darth Malak first if you think you are missing some gear. It may not have been moved
    • If you would like to request to have gear returned to you, please reach out to our Customer Service representatives. We’re going to review the volume of these requests tomorrow morning and determine the best course of action to take.
    • If the volume is high, we’ll start to work on a version fix to correct every affected player’s Darth Malak gear for next week.
    • If the volume is low, we’ll take care of them on an ad hoc basis.
  • You may have received an inbox message in error with a blank amount of shards. This has been fixed.
    zr9jMQK.png

What happened to my Malak?
You had Malak before this event at 7*
  1. 500 Crystals
  2. You may receive some shard shop currency
    • If you did not complete either tier of the event for a second time: 2250 Shard Shop Currency
    • If you re-completed only one phase of the event: 1125 Shard Shop Currency
    • If you re-completed both tiers of the event: 0 Shard Shop Currency
You had at least some shards of Darth Malak (less than 7*) and re-completed at least one tier of the event
  1. 500 Crystals
  2. 5000 GET
  3. 2 Zeta materials

All Players:
  1. 500 Crystals

DEV POST
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Boo! Stop rewarding people for not listening.
  • Michael_L
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    thought I did not receive shards. Mail was not initially there. Just received shards
  • FYI folks, Check your Darth Malak first if you think you are missing some gear. It may not have been moved
  • Lol - the more people did what CG didn't want, the more they were rewarded. Great work. Freaking joke.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Still dont get why those of us who had a 7* Malak dont get the GET 1 or zetas
  • MilMuertes wrote: »
    Still dont get why those of us who had a 7* Malak dont get the GET 1 or zetas

General Skywalker is why. Not saying it's right, but that's why.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I’ve been playing this game for 3 years. Long time when I stop to think about it. I still like it. But, 3 years is a lot of time. The further we spend time together, the further we sometimes grow apart.
  • Why is it ok to give a segment of the player population a bonus for nothing other than having a character. CG just told a big percentage of player base take a hike, should have had malak earlier!
  • Why the malak shards haven’t show up in GET store yet?
  • MilMuertes wrote: »
    Still dont get why those of us who had a 7* Malak dont get the GET 1 or zetas

I still don't get why you would get anything at all.
  • CG remember way back when for tech issues EVERY player would get crystals chewy shards etc. You can repair damaged relationships with the same! I.E. crystals = roses. Stun guns=chocolate. Cuffs=Apology card. Carbontis=candle lit dinner. Golden eyeball=back massage. Zeta/omegas=bubble bath. Hope you're picking up what I'm putting down
  • ObiKenobiJonesy
    80 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I believe that most complaining (other than rollback failures) haven’t really thought it all through and avoid the details of the situation.

1. Had Malak at 7*? No loss, rewarded 500 crystals for troubles and some shard currency.

2. Had Malak did event enabling many to get him to 7 stars. Used GET to help upgrade new Malak (spending valuable GET under false pretense).
    Shards removed, gear returned. Given 5000 GET to compensate for GET that would not have been spent if the bug had not existed. Rewarded 500 crystals for troubles.

3. Didn’t have Malak, or had him under 7* and did not do event. No loss, rewarded 500 crystals for troubles.

I believe Group 1 got the shard currency because it could not be “rolled back”
    Group 3 got something but feels left out of group 2, and it seems like they got less for doing the right thing, I’d likely feel similarly but believe I would understand. (Technically there was no wrong thing)

Intangibles...
    6pt mods. Can’t really be rolled back.
    Some got to keep gear on rolled Malak.
    Some got to keep upgraded Malak (rumor... not sure)

The only reason group 2 (IMO) rcvd GET was because of their potential loss of GET (albeit due to buying gear/gear salvage). That, and they were the most affected by the overall issues caused by the bug. I was one of them,

I didn’t see what others deem so obvious at 12:20am. I didn’t cheat, I didn’t exploit, and I don’t bother going to the rewards tab (all those ridiculous “it said 1st time!” Blah blah folks) when I’m just interested in redoing the event. When I rcvd the shards by surprise, I doubt anybody would sit on them and wait to hear from CG, I used them and spent GET I didn’t think I needed to horde for the moment. However I did not do both parts of the event. I still didn’t see it as an issue having heard a lot of PR about making it easier for players to catch up, including changes to events.

Now bugs happen. I didn’t mind a rollback but if I didn’t get rolled back enough to get my GET back (sure take the gear back... but some was salvage used to create other pieces) I’d be worse off for replaying the event than before. In didn’t gear him up to make it hard to rollback, didn’t know that was going to happen until CGs post 8 hours after I’d upgraded my Malak.

Why did some get GET? Compensation. Not as a reward for thier troubles.
    Did some benefit? Sure Did some still take a loss, probably.

It’s not really “fair” to allow a player to lose progress due to their bug.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • MaciejMoc
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Didnt get any shards!
  • I can again see Malak event and I already have a 7 star Malak. Hope they don't again give out Malak shards
  • You asked people to not use the bug so I didnt. Now I see you rewarded much better people who used this bug. This gives some hints what to do next time.
  • TPEHEP
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I had 6* malak, did not complete the event second time (did not use the bug) -> I did not get additional shards currency.

If I did I would get 2 zeta and 5000GET.

do you think it is fair?
  • @Scrumb I lose Malak just before the GA and don' have time to reunlock it and gear it in time for the GA
    What's your plan to compensate this?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    TPEHEP wrote: »
    I had 6* malak, did not complete the event second time (did not use the bug) -> I did not get additional shards currency.

do you think it is fair?

That's just the way it is. They stated that people didn't know about the bug and were now punished with their progress taken away so were compensated for this. Its Not fair but since you didn't lose any promotions you just get 500 crystals for this mess which isn't half bad since you had no worries throughout this saga
  • Saada wrote: »

do you think it is fair?

That's just the way it is. They stated that people didn't know about the bug and were now punished with their progress taken away so were compensated for this. Its Not fair but since you didn't lose any promotions you just get 500 crystals for this mess which isn't half bad since you had no worries throughout this saga

500 crystals is nothing since everyone who wasnt supposed to get something out of the event gets it AND gets other free crap too. It is giving everyone an unfair advantage over someone who didn't have malak before the event. If this is the solution then they are doubly incompetent and there is no reason to stay in this game.
  • I had 6* malak, my guildmate had 7* malak. Both of us didn't re-complete the event. He got compensation, I didn't.
  • Saada wrote: »
    They stated that people didn't know about the bug and were now punished with their progress taken away so were compensated for this.

Just note, people who had 7* malak and did not complete the event get compensation too. 2250 shard currency.
  • jammysht
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    What's funny about this whole thing is that even those that technically weren't affected by the bug are now getting annoyed by their attempt to fix things.
  • jammysht wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »

do you think it is fair?

500 crystals is nothing since everyone who wasnt supposed to get something out of the event gets it AND gets other free crap too. It is giving everyone an unfair advantage over someone who didn't have malak before the event. If this is the solution then they are doubly incompetent and there is no reason to stay in this game.

you think its fair we who had a 6* and needed lets say 25 shards got a 7* malik not knowing it was a bug as why wold we check the rewards if I just wanted to get it 3 stars this time. I got the 75 shards think holy f yes yes so I want and upped him with GET thinking I now have a 7 star gear 12 malik so happy.

we who had him almost at 6* lost the most out of this as we spend our get to up him

You did not pay so did not lose anything, why would you be compensated for that.
    Example if I have a delay in my flight for couple of hours I get a compansation for it, but if you miss the same flight you dont, so why should you be compensated extra for it as you got the 500 cristals.

I honestly think its a fair compenstion

only issue is it did not work as I have again a 6* malik but with gear 12 pieces on it, they did not sent it back to my mail box but it stayed on my Malik.

anyways they have lost to many players over this I know its a huge mistake and they could have done it better.

What you don't seem to realise is that this is a game and it's about competing with others. By giving some people free **** they are giving them a competitive advantage. In other words those that get nothing are worse off even if they didn't/couldn't take part in the event.

• So players who didn't complete the event again (as intended) get 500 crystals like everyone else, and those who exploited a bug (did it a second time) get 500 crystals plus a reward of 5000 GET for cheating. Sure, that makes TONS of sense. *need a sarcasm font*

Just roll it ALL back, give everyone the apology prize, and let them do it again when it's fixed and re-released.
  • I really don’t have time to sift through all of the commentary on this fiasco. Can someone just simply tell me if I will get additional shards for my five star Malak if I participate in this event today?
  • You will never make everyone happy
  • Bars
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Give me 5000 GET1 as you gave to others. I don’t care if I had 7* malak or not - if you give so BIG present to someone just for nothing, or I’d say just for loafing even - give it to me too. These people who get 5k get1 didn’t lost it during this bug, why they get this as a compensation and I don’t??? 5k get = 100+ stun guns in store, it’s really a lot. What are you doing? Just because I’m better, worked harder and made malak to 7* earlier I have less compensation than slackers? Isn’t it stupid?
This discussion has been closed.