Why do I keep getting "rare" byes in the Grand Arena?

Prev1
I just got my 2nd bye in one GA tournament, screwing me out of around 20,000 points, multiple feats, event rewards, and league rewards. This is now my 3rd bye in 2 official GA's. How can I lessen the probability of getting a bye? 3 byes in 2 GA's is not rare, like one of the developers mentioned.

Replies

• I just got my 2nd bye in one GA tournament, screwing me out of around 20,000 points, multiple feats, event rewards, and league rewards. This is now my 3rd bye in 2 official GA's. How can I lessen the probability of getting a bye? 3 byes in 2 GA's is not rare, like one of the developers mentioned.

I'd love to have nothing but byes. Done about 20,000 battles to much
  • What calculations lead you to believe that you missed out on 20.000 points?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Each round gives you up to 2000 points for setting defense and offense, plus a 1000 pts for the win. Times that by 3 rounds gives you 9000 pts, plus I approximated a 1000 points for the missed feats. I didn't add in the 1000 pts you do get for the bye, so it's only around 9000 pts lost per bye.

This doesn't seem right. You get the full possible banners (1964) for a bye. The only things you miss are the feats and the 1,000 round points. At most, for getting 3 byes, you are only out 5,000 points.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Each round gives you up to 2000 points for setting defense and offense, plus a 1000 pts for the win. Times that by 3 rounds gives you 9000 pts, plus I approximated a 1000 points for the missed feats. I didn't add in the 1000 pts you do get for the bye, so it's only around 9000 pts lost per bye.

As far as I understood it, a bye gives you maximum points that it would be impossible for you to get in a normal match.

Maximum defense points, 64 points for all possible clears plus 1000 points for the win.

The only points you are losing are feats.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

That was my understanding as well but I’ve never had a bye to be able to confirm.
  • I revised my calculations a bit to 9000 max, but it's still close because I'm not sure how much the feats are: 1964+1964+1964+1000+1000+1000-1000=7,892 plus ~1000 for feats equals 8,892 max missed pts.

So you're saying you score 1964 points on rounds you don't have byes? That's impressive that you can full prot full health solo 8 time a round.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Yes, I only got 1000 pts for the final "win" on the last 2 byes I've had. I am currently on a bye with 15,415 GA pts and 39,056 lifetime pts. I will confirm that I only have 1000 pts more in 6 days when the GA ends.

While you do get that 1,000 points, you also get the 1964 at the start of the round. If you did not, contact support. But probably you did.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212584/grand-arena-championship-score-issues
    Players who receive a bye are immediately granted the full possible score for completing that round (based on division) plus the 1000 points for winning.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Ok last comment with actual numbers:

The 1st two Grand Arenas I got 3 byes, giving me 5 of the 8 individual battles.

My championship score after the 1st 2 Grand Arenas was: 29,291

Dividing my score by 5 gives me the average I scored per individual battle: (29,291/5) = 5,858.2

Thus, I lost 5,858 pts per bye (17,574.6 pts total) plus feat currency, divison rewards, and final event rewards.

In conclusion, getting a bye does not give you anything, contradicting the developer's comment and screws you out of thousands of championship pts, good rewards, and GA currency. It totally sucks!

Are you trying to say that if you scored your average points each time, then without 3 byes you should have had 46,000 points in an entire GAC? Kyro is 42,000 in div 1 so I find that really hard to believe.
  • Your math is confusing and makes no sense to me. When you say 2 grand arenas do you mean 2 as in 2 weeks worth of rounds, or 2 entire GAC series meaning 8 weeks of rounds? Or are you really meaning out of the 8 total people we've fought so far this gac you had 3 byes and 5 actual people to fight?
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I tried to be as clear as possible, I said "The 1st two Grand Arenas I got 3 byes, giving me 5 of the 8 individual battles."

That means 2 complete GA's, 4 battles per GA, 8 battles total. But I got 3 byes in the 2 GA's so I battled 5 out of the 8 individual battles within the 1st 2 GA's.

Uh we have 4 rounds per gac, and 3 matchups per round. We've had 2 complete rounds this GAC for a total of 6 fights, and one incomplete round of 2 battles (attack phase starting in an hour) so...again I don't understand your numbers
This discussion has been closed.